FOLFOX REGIMEN SECOND TIME FOR PREVIOUSLY SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT????

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
deebashari

FOLFOX REGIMEN SECOND TIME FOR PREVIOUSLY SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT????

Postby deebashari » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:21 pm

My mom is currently on Lonsurf and her cancer is slowly progressing. For example her last CEA climbed from 36 to her recent of 48. My mom was in remission when she first did FOLFOX regimen. Has anyone here did FOLFOX after cancer has metastasized? How was the response? How long were you able to tolerate the neuropathy side effects? Did you take a medication to help with the neuropathy side effect? Any experience and/or recommendations would be helpful. In the meantime, we are still looking for trials but wanting to see if FOLFOX was worth using the second time.

STAGE IV COLONRECTAL CANCER
NON-MSI HIGH
KRAS G12V MUTATATION
MALIGNANCY OF LEFT LUNG AND LYMPH NODES
LAST CEA: 36
CURRENT CEA: 48

mhf1986

Re: FOLFOX REGIMEN SECOND TIME FOR PREVIOUSLY SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT????

Postby mhf1986 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:22 pm

DH was on FOLFOX for 7 months before discontinuing it for 4 months because of neuropathy. He started it up again in November and we are hoping to go for at least a few more months with it before switching to FOLFIRI. Dr. said people who stop before progression might have success adding it back in later. We are thinking that might be DH's case.

Hugs to you and your mom,
M
Caregiver to DH, dx @ 50, mets to liver/lungs, MSS, wild
9/16 CEA 114, blockage, left hemi, perm. colostomy
11/16 port in, FOLFOX + Avastin
6/17 CEA 15, 5FU + A only due to neuropathy
11/17 CEA 38, CAPOX + A
1/18 CAPOX = hi bilirubin/bad hfs, back to FOLFOX + A
5/18 growth; Vectibex + 75% Irinotecan
7/18 CEA 23, shrinkage
10/18 CEA 28, growth of 2 liver tumors/shrinkage of few and lung nodes
11/18 Lonsurf, looking at spheres, proton, trials
11/19/18 Peace

Mercy110

Re: FOLFOX REGIMEN SECOND TIME FOR PREVIOUSLY SUCCESSFUL TREATMENT????

Postby Mercy110 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:43 pm

My mum has been using Folfox and Avastin after discovering her mets in lungs. She is doing well so far, and the 8th round has been finished. Her did developed some neuropathy side effects like numbness of her arms but the effects are reversible. Side effects are obvious in the first week after chemo, then better day by day. She also losses her appetite after coming back home from chemo but we prepare soup for her with other food so she can eat better.

For neuropathy side effects, we have prepare handwarmer for her use to reduce the effects. And do not let her touch any cold or cool objects after chemo.

Hope my experience is helpful. God bless you and your family, especially your mum.
My Mum (age 56), NRAS-mutate Q61R (from HK)
2017-05: Surgery with stoma. T4N1M0. Stage3C. Xeloda Only. Increasing CEA. CT: Multiple lung nodules. Stage4.
2017-09: 85% FOLFOX + Avastin, stable CT
2018-03 to 05: Folfox Allergy, Folfiri (with Avastin since Oct)
2019: CEA:178, started Irinotecan+Zaltrip+TS-1, 25 times radio with xeloda
2020: CEA up, Stivarga for 6 months
2021: CEA up, 7L O2 and 24-hour morphine, on pc care
At peace 2021.4.14

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”