Scared of having CRC

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
summu2108

Scared of having CRC

Postby summu2108 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:24 am

Hi im 22 years old. I had Colonoscopy ,fecus test , Blood test,Endoscopy etc 6 months back and every thing if fine though colonoscopy has shown internal haemmeroids. These days i have thin stools and small in length. No constipation at all. But i go to restroom 3 times a day and i pass a lot of gas(20-30 times a day maximum) mainly at night . I am scared of having Colon cancer Please Help me.

in the first place i had colonoscopy as i have observed minute particls of blood in my stool(even though my stool test came back as NO BLOOD).

Thanks

ANDRETEXAS

Re: Scared of having CRC

Postby ANDRETEXAS » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:17 am

Firstly....." a little bit of blood in your stool after the procedure (a colonoscopy) is normal. However, call your doctor if you continue to pass blood or blood clots, experience abdominal pain, or have a fever over 100°F. If your doctor removes tissue or a polyp during a biopsy, they'll send it to a laboratory for testing." You may have thin stools for a variety of reasons. If you feel concerned, please call your doctor to discuss. From the tests you've indicated you have had, I would not think colon cancer. Your traces of blood could certainly be hemorrhoids, especially if bright red. But call your doctor to discuss to help prevent you worrying...... Andre
2/10/14 - Colon resect
2/13 - DX- Stage IIIb
6 of 18 lymph nodes cancerous
3/7 - Port placed
3/11 - FOLFOX (12 rds w/full oxi)
8/14 - Chemo finish
8/25 - CT- Inc
9/5 - clean PET
12/10- clean CT

3/2/15 - Clean colonoscopy & port removed
3/4 - clean CT
9/21- clean CT

3/23/16 - clean CT

2/22/17- clean CT

3/21/18 - clean CT
4/1 - clean colonoscopy

3/11/19 - clean CT
9/23 - Five-year release - Annual visits now !

4/13/23 - clean colonoscopy

ONE DAY AT A TIME !

Lee

Postby Lee » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:24 pm

I agree with Andre, if you have hemorrhoids, they can bleed. They may also be the reason for your thin stools. If you had a colonoscopy in the past 6 months, you don't have colon cancer now. It generally takes a polyp about 10 years to turn into cancer. With you colonoscopy did they remove any polyps?

Do you know if colon cancer runs in your family?

Certain foods can produce gas. Me as much as I love radishes, they give me the worst gas on the planet. You might want to keep a journal of foods you eat and see if certain foods are giving you gas. What type of foods do you like to eat?

Try not to worry, I don't think you have colon cancer, especially if you were scoped in the last 6 months.

Lee

Edit to add if I remember correctly, if you take in a lot of air through your mouth, that can produce gas. Maybe something to consider.
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

summu2108

Postby summu2108 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:07 pm

Thanks for the replyy

No polyps were found no biopsy was done...i eat very fast.

O Stoma Mia

Postby O Stoma Mia » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:27 am

summu2108 wrote:.....i eat very fast...

If you eat by gulping your food down, then you might be swallowing a lot of air. Also, if you drink beverages by using a straw, this will cause more air to be swallowed, and if you are drinking carbonated beverages this can cause gas, too. Something to consider...

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”