Care Oncology Clinic

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Bschreibs

Care Oncology Clinic

Postby Bschreibs » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:26 pm

Hi,

Has anyone heard of this clinic and if so what are your thoughts?

http://careoncologyusa.com/cancer-treatments/

Thanks

rp1954

Re: Care Oncology Clinic

Postby rp1954 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:10 am

Bschreibs wrote:...Has anyone heard of this clinic ?
care oncology usa/

I suspect most of us have not. I have now read a number of newspaper articles and their webpages. Their emphasis is on cocktails, or a particular cocktail, of off label [off target] drugs to add to regular cancer treatments. Testing these old drugs individually for cancer treatment re-labeling is the [multi-decade?] mission of the ReDo project, kind of late for the clinics' purposes, and ours.

I did not see whether the clinics substantially added high potency supplements.
...and if so what are your thoughts

It is a small new clinic, nominally aimed at re sensitizing chemo resistant cancers to regular chemo. Also there are windows of opportunity for stand alone application periods e.g. during the 6 weeks off chemo with Avastin, before and after surgery. The parent clinic in London cites examples of apparent standalone applications.

We have had some successes with other off label drugs, like cimetidine and celebrex, with and without chemo, when combined with specific, high potency supplements to hit cancer pathways and vulnerabiities. My experience is that these applications work best combined with intensive reading, along with more careful and intensive monitoring,where we used more frequent, extended blood monitoring more than scanning.

I interviewed a spectrum of MD doctors, from clinicians to researchers to pharma director to those with alternative views to pick up extra options. Partly it depends on how much time and money you are willing and able to invest, your background, your willingness to act independently, and your confidence in your judgement. I placed these answers in several planning contexts, "early", "mid", "late", with/without chemo, before/during/after surgery etc, not just reacting to a need this month or next.
watchful, active researcher and caregiver for stage IVb/c CC. surgeries 4/10 sigmoid etc & 5/11 para-aortic LN cluster; 8 yrs immuno-Chemo for mCRC; now no chemo
most of 2010 Life Extension recommendations and possibilities + more, some (much) higher, peaking ~2011-12, taper chemo to almost nothing mid 2018, IV C-->2021. Now supplements

e_enyedy

Postby e_enyedy » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:01 pm

The only "Consultant" listed on their website is Dr. Rodney Larson - with a pretty scanty resume.
He is not an oncologist or an oncological surgeon. The business seems to be a franchise of a UK based business - I did not visit them.
Dr Larson's contact with cancer is listed as "interested in alternative treatments"
(for your info, as a cancer patient, I am also interested in "alternative treatments")

all the best

E
77 yrs male (73 at Dx)
2/13 Dx Carcinoma, Sigmoid Colon
3/13 Sigmoid Colon Hemicolectomy,( 12"+)
3/13 Pathology Staging: T1N0M0; no follow-up chemo
5/15 Recurrence: in pre-sacral space -no other mets detected (Instantly became Stage IV)
5/15 Started 8 sessions of Folfox + Avastin
11/15 Finished chemo, PET/CT: NED
11/15 Started Xeloda+ Avastin every 3 weeks. Still Doing it.
Still NED -(Hope treatment keeps working)

Eternal optimist

Postby Eternal optimist » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:34 pm

I use Care Oncology Clinic in the UK, and know a number of other people who also use their protocol, and who are very keen on it. They offer 1 main protocol, with tweeks for some patients I believe. The meds they prescribe are metformin, statins, doxycycline and mebendazole, with the latter 2 each taken half the time. They don't have any published data on the effectiveness yet, but have been working on it- including getting approval to collect and compare survival data. So they are trying to position themselves as a reputable clinic. I was initially interested in them as it was a way to have metformin prescribed to me, with some other drugs thrown in hopefully for good measure. I have been happy with the protocol and the clinic so far (been using it for a year now).
Diagnosed age 34 in Feb 2015, sigmoid tumour & PALNs
CapOx Mar-Oct 15
Resection of colon and PALNs Dec 15 -T3a N2 M1a
Xeloda Apr- Nov 16
Dec 16 - PALN recurrence, Radiotherapy
Aug 17 - FDG uptake in para aortic and retro peritoneal nodes, peritoneum, ovary plus small nodues on lungs. Only enlarged PALNs and small lung nodules visible on CT, but possible spine mets seen.
Sept 17 Folfiri and Cetuximab
April 18 NED
July 18 -surgery to examine what turned out to be a benign peritoneal inclusion cyst

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”