Worried 19 years old with the symptoms of possible colorectal cancer.

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
xXxWorriedxXX

Worried 19 years old with the symptoms of possible colorectal cancer.

Postby xXxWorriedxXX » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:54 am

Hello everybody!

I'm new to this site, so if this post goes in the wrong place, I'm sorry.

Now, my problems started in the August of 2016 when I was abroad with my family. I had diarrhea, and nothing could stop having it. After a week we arrived at home, I still had this problem for 2 weeks more. I had appetite (mostly), I just did not want to eat because I knew it'd go out in no time. I went to my GP told her this whole situation, and she prescripted some medication I took for a while. Shortly after the end of the third week, I started to have pale but ALMOST normal stools and it kept going on until my stools were normalized again. Since then, I had multiple other issues, some of them still present, some of them only sometimes, some of them are not. Until a week ago, my symptoms were stool in every morning as I woke up (I had only stool 3-4 days before this whole 'disease' e.g in 2013-2014-2015 and so on), pain in my upper middle abdomen which is more likely stabbing, pain in my lower right abdomen which feels like it has pressure on it, sometimes I also felt sick (like I had nausea), passing a lot of gas mostly in the morning before passing stool, and in the night, sometimes I had flat stool, sometimes I had pencil like stool, sometimes my stools which were totally OK had yellowish color, I have burning feel in my rectum (used medication for hemorrhoids, which made it a little better for like a week, but I have not been using it for a while), I also found a few times fissure near my anal cavity, fatigue (which I assume is because of my sleeping schedule, which is like waking up at 1 PM and sleeping at 2-3-4 AM, but on Sunday, I woke up to have horrible case of watery diarrhea which I had 12 times more that day, even water came out after drinking something. I took carbon pills which made me feel a little bit better and stopped having diarrhea. I also had no appetite and was in bed, because I felt so weak when I woke up from the bed. 2 days ago I started to feel a little bit better and started to eat a very little amount of food. Yesterday morning my poop was OK a little bit diarrhea like but most of its part were absolutely normal IIRC. This morning I had flat and short stools, which was followed by diarrhea AGAIN... it was not watery, but still diarrhea. I was thinking on it might be a virus by now (the diarrhea cases in this period) because my mom had virus, and his colleges had too, some of them had diarrhea (watery too if its true). I also had 37.2 C° temperature which is like almost nothing but still higher that it averagely is, not to mention my back pain... I assume it was because I was in bed for 3-4 days in a row without any move. I'm 19 years old and very much worried about this whole thing that has been going on for a while now.. I'm scared going to doctor, because everyone said colonoscopy hurts and feels very bad, and also, what if it turns out, I indeed have colon cancer? I do not want to live without intestine, I want to live a normal life and not being home in my whole life relying on some else.. I want to work, I want to have a family. Please, if someone is well-experienced, or had similar (maybe same) problems, reply to this topic, it'd help me a lot, thanks. Oh, and sorry for my English, my native language is not English.

MissMolly

Re: Worried 19 years old with the symptoms of possible colorectal cancer.

Postby MissMolly » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:48 am

Inflammation of the large or small intestine (often referred to as colitis) would be a reasonable possible source of your symptoms and distress. You can google “inflammatory bowel disease” (IBD) to learn more and see if the profile of IBD has similarities with your symptoms.

Ulcerative colitis and Chrone’s disease are two specific types of inflammatory bowel disease. Both have an auto- immune underlying causation. Both are treatable with medications to tame the inflammatory process. Surgery to respect a portion of intestine (or the full length of large intestine in refractory cases) is conducted when conservative measures are inadequate. People are able to live active lives with inflammatory bowel disease.

Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) is NOT the same as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). IBS is more a disorder of the excitability of the motility of the digestive tract and is influenced by food choices, life stressors, and sensitivity to adrenalin and epinephrine normally secreted by the body in adjusting to daily travels.

Thinking of you and sending you healing energy,
Karen
Dear friend to Bella Piazza, former Colon Club member (NWGirl).
I have a permanent ileostomy and offer advice on living with an ostomy - in loving remembrance of Bella
I am on Palliative Care for broad endocrine failure + Addison's disease + osteonecrosis of both hips/jaw + immunosuppression. I live a simple life due to frail health.

heiders33

Re: Worried 19 years old with the symptoms of possible colorectal cancer.

Postby heiders33 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:02 pm

So sorry for what you are experiencing. I just want to add that colonoscopies don’t hurt - they give you a sedative. In my case I was asleep. The prep isn’t very fun but the actual procedure is easy and short.
40 year-old female
May 2017: Dx rectal cancer T3N2M0
MSS, KRAS G12D
6/17: 28 days chemorad
9/17: LAR/loop ileostomy, CAPOX six rounds
3/18: reversal
9/18: liver met, resection/HAI pump, 11 rounds 5FU, 1 round FUDR
11/19 - local recurrence, brachytherapy, 3 weeks targeted radiation
12/21 - end colostomy

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”