Multiple polyps

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
NicoleM
Facebook Username: NicoleM

Multiple polyps

Postby NicoleM » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi there, first time using this forum. After my first colonoscopy, my gastro doctor said that I was to make an appointment with him in 3 months time. Well the soonest I could get in to see him is 5 months later. In the meantime my family doctor told me that the info that was forwarded to him from the other gastro doctor, was that I had multiple Polyps (not sure how many or wear they are located) and that some were precancerous.
Ok I have lots of questions and I realize you guys are not doctors but a little insight would be nice.
Here come the questions:
1) How many are considered to be multiple
2) If 3 of my siblings (older than me- I'm the baby 47 yrs old) have had 3 or less polyps removed each could I maybe have Lynch syndrome or Familial polyps
3) Can anyone feel their polyps when standing up because I KNOW I can.
4) Has anyone had back pain on one or both sides due to polyps. I know it isn't anything to do with kidneys. Blood, Urine and ultrasound confirmed all of that.

Hope to hear from someone :roll:

O Stoma Mia

Colorectal Cancer Screening Algorithm

Postby O Stoma Mia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:42 pm

You can get some information on this by reading the MD Anderson 7-page document on Colorectal Cancer Screening Algorithm. It gives some information on size, number and type of polyps, the level of risk for different number and size of polyps, and the recommended frequency of screening for different cases.

Colorectal Cancer Screening Algorithm
https://www.mdanderson.org/content/dam/mdanderson/documents/for-physicians/algorithms/screening/screening-colorectal-web-algorithm.pdf

Pemba

Re: Multiple polyps

Postby Pemba » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:03 am

I could definitely feel my polyp while standing up and sitting down, it felt like a had a golf ball somewhere up there. That’s why I kept pushing my doctor.

I think Americans use the term pre cancerous polyps for all Adeomas... I think that a bit crazy to be honest, yes they CAN turn into cancer but 2/3 of all polyp removed are adeomas and statistics says around 10% will develop cancer a within 10 years, so 90% will not. It surely depends and form, size and genetics.

Hope your GL got all the little buggers and your next check will be clean.
2017: 15mm Tubulovillous adenoma- Low grade dysplasi.
Next scopy: original 2020 probably 2018-19

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”