Doc finally ok'd to try Maraviroc

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Mia's Mommy

Doc finally ok'd to try Maraviroc

Postby Mia's Mommy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:45 pm

I was diagnosed with Stage 4 CRC June 2016, CEA 2,750. Lymph, bile duct, liver and lungs..BAD JuJu to say the least. I'm a 42 yr old mom with an amazing 3 year old.
I did well with FOLFOX+Avastin for 11 months-signs of Oxaliplatin resistance.
Irinotecan+Cetuximab 6 months, became KRAS Mut. Off Cetuximab back to Avastin..CEA went from 0.3 to 9.7 within 8 weeks.
I have fought with my oncologist to let me try off label use of Maraviroc as monotherapy for 4 to 8 weeks then start chemo in combination. It's a little scary but in speaking with Niels Halama in Germany (the one who ran the Maracon trial) this is the protocol he used. I'm not at the end of the line with treatment options, I refuse to get to that point. Failing is NOT an option for me or the rest of you out there! I'm just curious if anyone has tried Maraviroc and if so, what was your result?
Thought for the day: Hope, Faith, Love and the strongest of all these is LOVE.
Fear and failure are not an option

Lee

Re: Doc finally ok'd to try Maraviroc

Postby Lee » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:51 pm

Hi and welcome,

I don't have any real answers as I am not familiar with Maraviroc. I hope by bumping this up to the top again, maybe someone who is familiar it can answer your question. Many people have found success with Keytruda. It has been approved for colon cancer. Maybe something to look into.

Good luck,

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

Mia's Mommy

Re: Doc finally ok'd to try Maraviroc

Postby Mia's Mommy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:27 pm

Lee,
Thanks for the input. My oncologist and I are starting to discuss using Keytruda with an MEK inhibitor (makes the Keytruda work better with MSS CRC). There is a trial going in Germany for Maraviroc in combo with Keytruda so my gut says there's something to this drug. I'll keep everyone posted on my adventure into the "unknown". There's also some pretty interesting research that has proven to work with CRC..Salinomycin (antibiotic, anti bacterial etc) and Mebendazole (anti parasitic).
Fear and failure are not an option

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”