Question

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Jenb
Facebook Username: Jen Bustamante

Re: Question

Postby Jenb » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:00 am

I got a copy of the original pathology report, that I can barely make out. However, it's listed diagnosis is: Tubulovillous adenoma. I now have all my paper work and pathology reports for my oncologist. Hopefully my oncologist can make out the pathology report.
Colon cancer
Stage 2 breast cancer with chemo

Pemba

Postby Pemba » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:13 pm

Well if it’s a Tubulovillous adenoma then congrats it’s not cancer, it’s juat the type of polyp. Tubulovillous Is a mixture of tubular and Villous, and Villous have a tendency to becoming cancerous. But it really depends on size and what’s “inside”

So I think that since you had the flat type and they already tried removing them without any luck and they grew back so fast with possible a high grade dysplasi. Removing the part of the colon they where attach to seem for me, like a good thing.

That they failed to properly inform you of anything to a point where you believed it was cancer, is completely cray cray ! Some of these doctors really neee to take their time and remember we can feel disoriented and scared.
2017: 15mm Tubulovillous adenoma- Low grade dysplasi.
Next scopy: original 2020 probably 2018-19

Jenb
Facebook Username: Jen Bustamante

Postby Jenb » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:21 pm

All I know it was 5cm, pretty large. I don't understand why this surgeon said, I had cancer!!! I realize that the risk of both having the surgery would be high. But for goodness sake don't tell me I HAVE cancer, I've already had breast cancer with chemo. Not something I wanted to hear again in.a form of a lie. I would have excepted him doing this as a preventative, no need to lie to me and my family!!
Colon cancer
Stage 2 breast cancer with chemo

Pemba

Postby Pemba » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:44 pm

Larger polyps often have a tendency to be Tubulovillous, so that’s something I would not worry to much about. But it’s true 5 cm is large and sometimes they can have cancer confined to the “head” then they would write something like “In Stu” on the report.

I really feel with you, it’s unbelievably rude to give so many different information to one fragile patient. They think when they say “we got it all” you don’t care if it was cancer or not... I can’t believe it.
2017: 15mm Tubulovillous adenoma- Low grade dysplasi.
Next scopy: original 2020 probably 2018-19

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”