metamucil/psyllium Jelly in stool.

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Pemba

metamucil/psyllium Jelly in stool.

Postby Pemba » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:09 pm

I was recommended after a period of constipation to take psyllium. I started last week, at first it worked really well, my bowel movements became soft and everything seemed normal. But then today I had a bowel movement, where the first of my stool seemed normal but then two big jelly clumps came out with very little actually stool in. At first I started to panic, being sure it was Mucus and something was wrong again. Then I remembered taking the psyllium a long time after dinner and just before bed. Afterword I made a little experiment putting the psyllium in a cup of water to see the consistency, witch ended up being very jelly like. I really hope its just the psyllium playing tricks on me and not actually a large amount of mucus.

has anyone experienced the same after taking metamucil/Husk/psyllium ?

PS: No blood, pain, gas or any weird color.
2017: 15mm Tubulovillous adenoma- Low grade dysplasi.
Next scopy: original 2020 probably 2018-19

veckon

Re: metamucil/psyllium Jelly in stool.

Postby veckon » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:50 pm

I have seen this, lol.
27 yo male
Metastatic rectal cancer diagnosed 12/16
Liver metastases and peritoneal carcinomatosis
Lynch syndrome, MSI-H
Failed liver resection 3/17
FOLFOX6 12/16 - 05/17
Keytruda 5/17 - present
@Memorial Sloan Kettering

Utwo

Postby Utwo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Do you take Psyllium with enough water?
58 yo male at diagnosis: T1bN0M0, 0/15 nodes, low grade/moderately differentiated adenocarcinoma
03/2016 colonoscopy: 2 small polyps removed in left colon; CEA = 1.3
04/2016 colonoscopy: caecum sessile 3.5 cm polyp piecemeal removed with kind of clear margins
05/2016 "prophylactic" laparoscopic right hemicolectomy - bleeding, leak, infection
06/2017 CT scan, colonoscopy OK; CEA = 1.6
A lot of funny stuff discovered by CT scans in liver, kidney, lungs, arteries, gallbladder, lymph node, pancreas

Pemba

Postby Pemba » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:59 am

Utwo wrote:Do you take Psyllium with enough water?

I should be, I’ll take one big glass with Psyllium and one without, I now had two BM’s after my jelly monster without anything unusual. So fingers crossed it’s just the Psyllium and it happen either because it was taken without any meal or because my body in general was dehydrated and drained the water from the fibre
2017: 15mm Tubulovillous adenoma- Low grade dysplasi.
Next scopy: original 2020 probably 2018-19

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”