retiredteacher wrote:What is the local wisdom on minimizing CAPEOX side effects? I remember seeing something on avoiding folic acid? Also, what are CAPEOX veterans' experiences with hair loss? Complete? ThInning?
retiredteacher wrote:What is the local wisdom on minimizing CAPEOX side effects?
O Stoma Mia wrote:
- Common side effects of XELOX (CAPEOX) are:
' Each of these effects happens in more than 1 in 10 people (10%). You might have one or more of them.
* Numbness or tingling in fingers and toes
* Increased risk of getting an infection
* Breathlessness and looking pale
* Bruising, bleeding gums or nosebleeds
* Tiredness and weakness (fatigue) during and after treatment
* Feeling or being sick
* Mouth sores and ulcers
* Loss of appetite
* Soreness, redness and peeling on palms and soles of feet
* Constipation. ' '
- Occasional side effects
Each of these effects happens in more than 1 in 100 people (1%). You might have one or more of them.
* Hair loss
* Headaches and dizziness
* Watery or sore eyes
* Tummy (abdominal) pain
* High levels of bilirubin in your blood
* Kidney changes
* Difficulty swallowing or breathing
* Periods stopping
- Rare side effects
Each of these effects happens in fewer than 1 in 100 people (1%). You might have one or more of them.
* Ringing in your ears (tinnitus)
* Heart problems
* An allergic reaction to oxaliplatin
- Tips for dealing with these and other XELOX (CAPEOX) side effects are given in the reference below. Click on the plus sign (+) next to the side effect of interest on the web page.
heiders33 wrote:Good luck to you both! Watch out for any signs of allergic reaction. Also, when you are done, watch out for any reactions in your eyes and face and mouth to cooler air. This caught me by surprise the first time - my eyes twitched and I had trouble talking. Even if it's not that cold where you are, it could still happen. Or it might not - everyone reacts differently!
retiredteacher wrote: ... I was loosening the tape thinking a had a skin pinch...
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 49 guests