Very light blood on paper

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
sickpimp777
Facebook Username: Joaquin Zabala

Very light blood on paper

Postby sickpimp777 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:06 pm

So I'm 31 years old, male, active person, also vegan, about 2 months ago, I got medicated on marijuana and I ate alot the next day I had a big poop that hurt to come out and there was no blood thst day but pain was severe, pain lasted a few hours after each bowel movement , I have had hemmorhoids in the past and I have also had them banded before, this pain was different like a dull ache.. which led me to believe it was a fissure, blodd was on paper for 2 days after and pain was there for about 2 or 3 weeks, then I was normal no lain and went back to my daily activities, now 2 days ago I had a semi hard but large stool that left blood on the paper, today is the 3rd day pain is no where near how it was the 1st time this happened, but minor blood is still on toilet paper ,nothing in bowl or nothing like that, I wipe and by the 3rd wipe there's no trace of the blood, no blood in stool from what I can see, also I go to the bathroom a few times a day and the blood only shows in the morning on the first stool, I believe this to be another fissure, but however I am also worried about it being cancer and I have a tendency to freak myself out, is this a cause to have myself get a colonoscopy or should I relax and stop stressing myself out?

Lee

Re: Very light blood on paper

Postby Lee » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:59 pm

While I don't think you have cancer, anytime you pass blood through your rectum, yes you should get a colo0noscopy REGARDLESS of your age. Truth be know, cancer is just ONE possibility out of many. Butt a colonoscopy will give you a true diagnoses if anything is going on, anything else is just a speculation.

For what it is worth, I had no symptoms, just bleeding hemorrhoids that my PCP confirmed. Those tests that should have been a red flag for cancer came back negative or normal. My PCP figured my bleeding hemorrhoids was my excuse for getting my baseline colonoscopy early in life. I believe that referral saved my life, my signature tells the story.

So yes, people here will tell you to get the colonoscopy for a true diagnoses.

Good luck,

Lee

You might want to up your intake of water, see if that helps with passing stools easier.
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

susie0915
Facebook Username: Susan DeGrazia Hostetter

Postby susie0915 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:08 pm

I agree with Lee. Anytime there is blood colonoscopy is warranted. Odds are it is not cancer, but it will be able to help you determine what is going on and what you can do to avoid in the future. Go to the doctor and get a referral for a gastroenterologist. Good Luck.
58 yrs old Dx @ 55
5/15 DX T3N0MO
6/15 5 wks chemo/rad
7/15 sigmoidoscopy/only scar tissue left
8/15 PET scan NED
9/15 LAR
0/24 nodes
10/15 blockage. surgery,early ileo rev, c-diff inf :(
12/15 6 rds of xelox
5/16 CT lung scarring/inflammation
9/16 clear colonoscopy
4/17 C 4mm lung nod
10/17 pel/abd CT NED
11/17 CEA<.5
1/18 CT/Lung no change in 4mm nodule
5/18 CEA<.5, CT pel/abd/lung NED
11/18 CEA .6
5/19 CT NED, CEA <.5
10/19 Clear colonscopy
11/19 CEA <.5

O Stoma Mia

Postby O Stoma Mia » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:38 pm

If you have fissures, they take time to heal -- several weeks, at least. In the mean tme you must be very csreful about what you eat and drink, otherwise the fissures will just be re-injured again and you will have to start the healing process all over from the beginning

Here's some information on finding a diet that will not promote constipation and hard stools. It's the hard stools that you have to avoid:
https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/eat-healthy-exercise

sickpimp777
Facebook Username: Joaquin Zabala

Postby sickpimp777 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:21 pm

Thanks peeps, I think I will wait untill it's healed and use the guys links about good food 2 eat, after I'm healed I will.go get the referall to colonoscopy, at the moment with the fissure if it is a fissure I wouldn't want to be examined

TheSquire

Postby TheSquire » Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 pm

I agree with the other posts. You should get a colonoscopy soon. You will be fine but you need this test.
Age 53, male. Diagnosed with rectal cancer in lower rectum on 3/21/17. T2, N0, M0. No surgery. Going with Chemo-radiation approach. Started treatment on 4/25/17. Eight 14-day cycles of XelOx. Ended treatment on 11/3/17. Rectal exam and sigmoidoscopy (12/7) shows no tumor/complete response. Now on "watch and wait." Two years out still clear. Dec 2019.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”