I kind of went through this recently. Stage 3B with a complete response after surgery. Surgeon suggested that I could do Xeloda or 5-FU of Adjuvant and skip the Oxaliplatin. Oncologist recommended, of course, Oxaliplatin. I've seen a lot of people go through this decision lately and the vast majority go with Adjuvant chemo, both 2s and 3s. At the 2 level, it's a much tougher decision, both for the oncologist and the patient. So I'm taking the risk on neuropathy in exchange for better odds of it not coming back. Believe me, if I could skip Adjuvant or Oxaliplatin, I would. No fun doing this stuff for the next five months.
6/23/17: ER rectal bleeding; Colonoscopy+Biopsy
7/13: Stage 3B rectal cancer. T3, N1b, M0. 5.2 x 4.5 x 4.3 cm. Lymphs: 6 x 4 mm, 8 x 6 mm, 5 x 5 mm
7/31-9/8: Xeloda 3,400 mg/day+radiation
7/5: CEA 2.7; 8/16: 1.9; 9/8: 1.8. 11/30: 0.6
MSS, KRAS G12D
10/6: 2.7 x 2.2 x 1.6 cm (-90%). Lymphs: 3 x 3 mm (-62.5%), 4 x 3 mm (-75%), 5 x 3 mm (-40%). 5.1 CM from AV
10/30: Surgery: LAR, Temp Ileostomy
Path report: Tumor regression grade: 0 (complete response).