new here stage 4

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Harleyman

Postby Harleyman » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:33 pm

Hey Missj,
ijust read your post on your insurance company. ok yes in the near future your insurance might stop payment. heres the good news. Other insurance companies willpay for your surgieries and treatments after you have been with them for one year. I had stage 4 at 16. im 35 on Sun. have had 3 differant insurance companies, due primarly do to job changes, and after 1 year they even pick up the cost of my ostomy supplies. which saves me a ton of money. check into Cigna orUnited Healthcare. both i have had and are very good from my experience. i also make sure i get the PPO type as anything else your leaving the options in there hands as to what they will and wont do. good luck and God Bless.

missj

new here stage 4

Postby missj » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:39 am

hi,
congrats harleyman on 19 years that is wonderful and encouraging to those of us just starting to fight this cancer. my problem was i started with a doctor who saw me as a statistic and not a 39 year old mother with a young daughter who is not physically ill i just have 3 small cancers on my liver. she never mentioned surgery as an option or anything she just told me i would be on chemo the rest of my short life because i have metastatic disease and rarely do people survive from it. well i have seen enough people on this board to know that it can be done and will be done. i plan on walking in her office 5 years from now to show her i am well and still breathing. 2 more chemos to go then im off for surgery. the surgeon scared me though he said since lesions are so small and if chemo shrinks them to nothing there will be nothing visible to resect. don't know if chemo making them go completely away is good or bad, i just want them to go away. i pray everyday for everyone on this board who are fighting this disease and their families and i think soon there will be big breakthroughs in colon cancer treatments just by what i have been reading and seeing lately on t.v.

missj

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”