My mom has passed away on Wednesday. Thank you all for this wonderful support forum

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
exaussie

Re: My mom has passed away on Wednesday. Thank you all for this wonderful support forum

Postby exaussie » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:43 pm

Sorry for your loss, your mom had a great child in you. Wonderful that you loved her enough to be here learning and sharing.
DS 26 yrs old diagnosed 6/13 T3N2aM1b
Resection 6/13
6 rounds chemo folfax
12/13 Fissure
hernia surgery 12/13
5 months break
Maintenance chemo 3/14
Crazy growth. Liver failing. Folfox and vectibex 7-29-14
Chemo failure Hospice 8/26
Left us 8/28

O Stoma Mia

Re: My mom has passed away on Wednesday. Thank you all for this wonderful support forum

Postby O Stoma Mia » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:10 am

BUD2016 wrote:...I have not posted much on this forum, but would like to remain the member of this wonderful international group and help others as much as I can. Thank you all.

On behalf of my mother Valentina
Budapest, Hungary

I see that you have been logging in here from time to time recently.

Here's just a thought -- There will be the 38th European Congress of Surgical Oncology held in Budapest from October 10 to October 12, 2018. Is this something you might be interested in attending as an observer?

You might be able to meet some people there with a common interest in colorectal cancer awareness/advocacy.

38th European Congress of Surgical Oncology
https://www.medical.theconferencewebsite.com/conference-info/european-society-of-surgical-oncology-38th-congress-2018

BUD2016

Postby BUD2016 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:59 am

Thank you for your message and the link. I do visit this site very often because I feel a very strong connection to people here. I do not post, but I read a lot and it gives me comfort. I am still struggling with accepting the loss of my mother to this decease - after more than 9 months. My doctors' opinions is this is not the right thing and I need to get over it and move on. I lost both parents to cancer, so I am taking the time I need. I am sorry I do not post anything and yes, I am aware and been advised to take part in raising awareness, which I do among my friends and colleagues, but not yet in a more public capacity like attending an event, speaking or fund raising. I know that I need to take a further step in this direction.

Best wishes to all and thank you letting me to be part of this board.
09/2016: Mom dx/rectal cancer
10/2016: Open surgery. T3N0/Grade 2
11/2016: PET/CT scan shows 5 liver mets in both lobes
11/2016: FOLFOX + Avastin started on her 71st birthday
KRAS gen 2 G13D mutant, BRAF Negative, MSS
03/2017: Oxi stopped after 9th tx, 5FU cntd. CT scans w/ contrast every 2 months - small shrinkage/stable
05/2017: PET/CT progression, started FOLFIRI + AVASTIN
07/2017: MRIs/CT stable
09/2017: MRIs/CT - min progression
09/2017: FOLFIRI + CYRAMZA
11/2017: left us

stu

Postby stu » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:46 am

I am glad you still pop on Bud . This forum gave me strength and helped me adjust to the reality of stage 4 cancer as an observer . The whole process can be traumatic . You will find your way when the time is right within you .
Sounds like a great idea to get involved even in a small way . I have done that even now and it helps me to think some good has come from it .
Thinking of you ,
Stu
supporter to my mum who lives a great life despite a difficult diagnosis
stage4 2009 significant spread to liver
2010 colon /liver resection
chemo following recurrence
73% of liver removed
enjoying life treatment free
2016 lung resection
Oct 2017 nice clear scan . Two lung nodules disappeared
Oct 2018. Another clear scan .

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”