sessile serrated adenoma with cytologic dysplasia

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
tpidgeon
Facebook Username: Trisha L Pidgeon

sessile serrated adenoma with cytologic dysplasia

Postby tpidgeon » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:27 pm

So I am new to all of this. I am 46 and had my first colonoscopy on 12/22/16 - They found two polyps - one in my cecum 2CM (sessile serrated adenoma with focal cytologic low grade dysplasia. ) and a second in my Transverse Colon 1.5CM - (tubular adenoma). My gastro wanted me to schedule another appointment in 12 months.
I scheduled my appointment for 9 months out. On 10/3/17 I had my second colonoscopy and the polpy that was removed via piece meal in my cecum great back to the same size 2CM and this time was said to be (sessile serrated adenoma with focal cytologic dysplasia). They also found 6 more in my descending colon, sigmoid colon and rectum all said to be ( sessile serrated adenoma).

My Gastro told me to make another appointment for 6 to 12 months out. So i made my appointment for 12 months out. I got a call from his office last week and he wants me back in six months. When i asked why, i was told due to the size, rapid growth and dysplasia.

How common is it to have them grow at such a rapid rate? The information that i have been studying says this is the last step to Cancer. What brought me to the doctors to begin with was pain in my lower right belly. They pain was gone for the first week maybe after they removed the polpys but now the pain is worse and in my back and i am still losing weight. I am now starting to feel sick to my stomach at times. If i try to eat then that really messes with my belly. I have no idea what tests i should be pushing for or even what to do next. My gastro said that if the polyp returns in my cecum that we will talk about surgery. I am not sure that i would want to do surgery. I feel as though what is going on in my body is being taken to lightly and i am concerned about this rapidly progessing to cancer and spreading to other parts of my body. I have new pain in my upper right side as well.

Pemba

Re: sessile serrated adenoma with cytologic dysplasia

Postby Pemba » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:00 pm

When i had my Polyp removed I was reading op on it afterwards especially how they grades them into “high risk/medium/low” and under high risk it always said polyps removed with piecemeal, i think it can be more difficult remove it completely with piecemeal, but at the same time the only way with some sessile polyps without surgery. And if a polyp is not removed completely, it can grow again.

I don’t know how confident you are ind your current GL ? It may be an idea to get a second colonoscopy from a different one. And maybe talk to your doctor about having a scan and blood work done, due to your pain and weight loss. I don’t know how this is affecting you on a psychological basis, but I personally experience weight loss and stomach pain due to stress and anxiety.
2017: 15mm Tubulovillous adenoma- Low grade dysplasi.
Next scopy: original 2020 probably 2018-19

tpidgeon
Facebook Username: Trisha L Pidgeon

Re: sessile serrated adenoma with floci cytologic dysplasia

Postby tpidgeon » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:56 am

I am considering getting a second opinion. I have been in and out of the ER since Thursday. Severe cramping and pain in the middle of my stomach and lower right. They said my appendix was on the upper limits of normal, but did not want to remove it as of yet. I have to see my PC today to follow up. Feeling very frustrated. I looked back on my past blood work and found that my RBC, HBT & HCT continue to be high. Should I be concerned about this?

My BM's have changed with in the last 5 months. They are smaller and I have to strain to have a movement. This is not the norm for me at all. I am losing my desire to eat. When i do eat i have noticed that i am only taking 6 to 7 bites and then i am done.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

O Stoma Mia

Re: sessile serrated adenoma with cytologic dysplasia

Postby O Stoma Mia » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:05 am

You might want to read this article on managing difficult polyps. It sounds like you have a difficult and dangerous polyp situation.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3959925/
For your situation, it looks like the recommended re-screening frequency is every 2 to 6 months (MD Anderson Cancer Center):

https://www.mdanderson.org/content/dam/mdanderson/documents/for-physicians/algorithms/screening/screening-colorectal-web-algorithm.pdf

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”