Thoughts on chemo for stage II patients?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
horizon

Re: Thoughts on chemo for stage II patients?

Postby horizon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:37 pm

Robino1 wrote:That's the thing, I didn't see an oncologist. I went by my surgeon and he said no chemo necessary. I wish I had kept the appointment with the oncologist. I was more afraid of chemo and didn't look anything up online. I was .... stupid, naive .. whatever. Too late to go back so I am dealing with my consequences.

Hind sight is 20/20. Like I said, my only regret. Another platitude: Live and learn. I am working on that VERY much these days. ;)

I feel you! The thought of chemo was scary as hell for me. I was more worried about it than the surgery!
I'm just a dude who still can't believe he had a resection and went through chemo (currently 13 years NED). Is this real life?

MaryannW

Re: Thoughts on chemo for stage II patients?

Postby MaryannW » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:56 pm

Stage 2a, rectal cancer. I opted to do the mop up chemo of six rounds of xeloda. No regrets, even though neoadjuvant radiation and chemo blasted most of my tumor away, only microscopic traces left, and tumor was found not to be in blood supply post surgery, I’m pleased I did the mop up. I wanted to do everything I could to maximise my chances of staying NED.
Dx Feb 2015 RC Stage 2a
5.5 weeks Xelolda + Radiation
ULAR 25.6.2015
6 Rounds mop up Xeloda
Reversal 7 April 2016
NED & living with LARS

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”