I believe my doctors are doing a terrible job.

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
PleaseHelpme63
Facebook Username: Stian Langaas Moen

Postby PleaseHelpme63 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:55 pm

So I am 15 years old, and before you say "you dont have colon cancer yadayda!!!" which may be true let me tell you my backstory.

From about 4 years ago, I started noticing blood on stool after I pooped. At the time I did not think about it, but from 2 years ago I saw a post of not-ignore-symptoms and I went to the doctor. The first doctor claimed she found a small hemoroid and sent me a medicine to put in my anal. Did not help. After a year(i kinda wanted to forget the things, yes i was stupid) i went again to a new doctor. She said she found nothing other than the fact that my ass was maybe a little bit sore. and told me to take blood tests and stool tests(all was fine) and said she would sent me to a more expert to check me out. Never happend, but apparently they had sent a message to my mother and said everything was fine and yada-yada, bleeding a little bit when you poop definitely isn't fine. Sometimes my ass is sore, sometimes not. It's never a lot of blood, just noticeable on paper. My poop shape seems pretty normal, sometimes i have to press to get the poop out. I have no other symptoms other than the blood? I am really worried it is colon cancer :(. I've stayed away from doctor google, but what should i do? The doctors have no special diagnosis except hemoroids, and claims everything is "fine" :/. Should I visit my doctor a third time? what are the chances of me having colon cancer? I haven't lost any weight but I don't get more weight as fast as my friends and twin brother. Even If I have colon cancer? what stage is it likely on? and what else could it be? I am extremely worried

Help :(

Thanks in advance.

mpbser

Re: I believe my doctors are doing a terrible job.

Postby mpbser » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:16 am

The anus is a part of the body where many blood vessels converge. Even slight irritation/small fissures in the delicate tissues can bleed from normal bowel function. If the blood is bright red, fresh, and is from wiping, then the problem could be as simple as tissue irritation. Large bowl movements can cause this. Everyone has some bleeding from time to time. If there are no other symptoms, then I would not worry much.
Wife 4/17 Dx age 45
5/17 LAR
Adenocarcinoma
low grade
1st primary T3 N2b M1a
Stage IVA
8/17 Sub-total colectomy
2nd primary 5.5 cm T1 N0
9 of 96 nodes
CEA: < 2.9
MSS
Lynch no; KRAS wild
Immunohistochemsistry Normal
Fall 2017 FOLFOX shrank the 1 met in liver
1/18 Liver left hepatectomy seg 4
5/18 CT clear
12/18 MRI 1 liver met
3/7/19 Resection & HAI
4/1/19 Folfiri & FUDR
5/13/19 HAI pump catheter dislodge, nearly bled to death
6-7 '19 5FU 4 cycles
NED

Lee

Postby Lee » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:21 pm

PleaseHelpme63 wrote:So I am 15 years old, and before you say "you dont have colon cancer yadayda!!!" which may be true let me tell you my backstory.

Should I visit my doctor a third time? what are the chances of me having colon cancer? I haven't lost any weight but I don't get more weight as fast as my friends and twin brother. Even If I have colon cancer? what stage is it likely on? and what else could it be? I am extremely worried

Help :(

Thanks in advance.

Does colon cancer run in your family? Talk to your parents, EXPRESS your concerns. Maybe a colonoscopy might be in order. A colonoscopy will give you a true diagnoses if anything is going on. Anything else is just a speculation.

We can not determine what your stage is (IF you have cancer) by your description. Personally I don't think you do, while it is RARE at your age, there was one 16 yr boy who was diagnosed 10+ years ago. I had no symptoms, yet I was a stage III. My mother ended up in the ER with serious stomach pains and rectal bleeding. A colonoscopy confirmed no cancer, just a bad case of diverticulosis. Why am I telling you this, I want you to understand cancer is just one "possibility", not uncommon for something else to be causing your symptom, so try not to worry to much about it being cancer. Personally I think something it's else is going on, may just involve a diet change.

Butt please talk to your parents, Express you concerns, and what would it take to get a colonoscopy. Keep us posted, and good luck,

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

Thetoad

Postby Thetoad » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:42 pm

A colonoscopy will hopefully put your mind at rest. The prep and procedure may sometimes be unpleasant, but it's worth it. And yes, keep away from Dr. Google! :)
Emergency extended rt hemi November 2013.
Complete blockage, small perforation.
Stage 2a.
T3N0M0
22 Lymph nodes clear.
No bag.

Yearly appts appts and 6 monthly CEA tests.
Incisional hernia repair, mesh Nov. 2014.
Cellulitus
CEA 1.4 on 28/7/17
27/5/17. Gallbladder removed, open.
Good consultation Feb. 2017
CEA 1.7 on 16/11/17 colonoscopy ok Jan. 2018 :)
Nurse pleased, March 2018. CEA 1.8. One more CEA test and hopefully last appt in November, 2018.
Prostate cancer, Gleason 7 (3+4) Sept. '18.

Lee

Postby Lee » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:55 pm

I will add, many years ago, in another life, I was a preschool teacher. At the age of 5, a boy in my class room had his first colonoscopy based on rectal bleeding (more like exploding bleeding). That scope confirmed he had Crohn's Disease. We were given info on how to help him with any future problems.

Truth be know, anytime there is rectal bleeding, it should be checked out REGARDLESS of age. That colonoscopy will give you a true diagnoses, butt again, I don't believe it is cancer. Butt do to the fact you have bleeding, something is going on. Maybe just hemorrhoids.

Hope this helps,

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

cbsmith

Postby cbsmith » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:15 pm

There is also a small chance it could be FAP as it starts to present itself around the 12-15 year old range, but again if your parents don’t have it then the chances are very rare for a spontaneous mutation.
06/14-DX with FAP as 36yo Male
07/14-total colectomy, rectum removal, permanent ileostomy
08/14-DX Stage IIIC, KRAS mutant, MSS
09/14-04/15 - 12 rounds of FOLFOX
07/15-CT showed para-aortic lymph node, onc thght inflammation
10/15-DX Stage IV, CT lymph node tripled in size, 1 small lung met
11/15-FOLFIRI + Avastin
06/16-lymph node is stable, now have a 2nd lung met
01/16-lymph node is stable, lung mets grown 2mm. Still on FOLFIRI + Avastin
11/17 - no chemo since. Lung growth minimal, lymph node is stable

O Stoma Mia

Postby O Stoma Mia » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:56 pm

When you had your previous exams, what kind of instrument did they use to examine you?

You might be able to get more detailed feedback if you go to a doctor who has a proctoscope or a sigmoid colonoscope. Since it looks like the source of your bleeding is in the anal/rectal area, the doctor could just examine that area, and if the procedure uses only a proctoscope it could be done in the doctor's office as an out-patient procedure, probably without need for anesthesia.

So, it might be worthwhile to see if you can find a doctor who can do this kind of exam:

https://www.webmd.com/colorectal-cancer/proctoscopy

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:35 am

PleaseHelpme63 wrote:Help :(
Thanks in advance.

Respectfully, while all members here are trying to help you "online"
IF in fact you truly believe "my doctors are doing a terrible job" ... ?
Why would you stay with those who are doing a terrible job ?

YOU NEED TO GET NEW DOCTORS

I actually HAD colorectal cancer once.
When it came back ... I GOT NEW DOCTORS !

Take charge of your own life.
If you have issues which are not resolved by working with your current doctors ....
find doctors who will work WITH you and help you to resolve your problems.

WORD !

CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

PleaseHelpme63

Postby PleaseHelpme63 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:23 pm

O Stoma Mia wrote:When you had your previous exams, what kind of instrument did they use to examine you?

You might be able to get more detailed feedback if you go to a doctor who has a proctoscope or a sigmoid colonoscope. Since it looks like the source of your bleeding is in the anal/rectal area, the doctor could just examine that area, and if the procedure uses only a proctoscope it could be done in the doctor's office as an out-patient procedure, probably without need for anesthesia.

So, it might be worthwhile to see if you can find a doctor who can do this kind of exam:

I don't think so! I'm adopted, but I have about 7 other sister and brothers that are still alive and perfectly fine, my parents and also OK

PleaseHelpme63

Postby PleaseHelpme63 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:25 pm

O Stoma Mia wrote:When you had your previous exams, what kind of instrument did they use to examine you?

Thing is they ignore me when i politely asked them to check it out more, they only looked into my "ass" and didnt really use any other instruments cuz it was bright blood

Leeloo

Postby Leeloo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:24 am

Hi There,
Blood is often a worry. The good news is that bright red blood is not usually the kind that means cancer. It is much more likely that you are bursting a tiny blood vessel when you are pushing to poop. It sounds as though your poop might be too hard, as you have to push to get it out.

Poop should come out like a soft smooth sausage, not a lumpy one. I’m guessing you get lumpy poop.

If you do, the main thing you could do to make a difference is to get your poop to be a bit softer, by drinking more water or juice, as this will help. Other things like eating veggies, salads, oatmeal and beans help too, but not everyone likes these. So get a water bottle, fill it up and take it with you and remember to drink a bit more often.

If that doesn’t help then discuss it with your doc again, and let him know what you’ve tried.

Good luck
Leeloo
(R) hemicolectomy 13/08/13
Stage IIB T4N0(0/6)M0
Xelox x 4 (Scot trial)
NED

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”