Today's the day....

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
johnmeissner

Today's the day....

Postby johnmeissner » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:36 am

....As soon as all the I's are crossed and T's are dotted, I'M GOING HOME!!!!

WOOO HOOOO!

It's been an adventure, wehich actually is just beginning, for sure. But you folks here have all been a big help!

Thank you!

(Hey Molly....wait 'til you see my scar! :wink: )

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:03 am

This is an easy update to write:

I'M GOING HOME!!!!

Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes. Please keep them coming as my recovery continues and upcoming move to Nebraska approaches.

Thank you all.

Patrusha

Postby Patrusha » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:47 pm

Congrats on going home, John. You'll feel so much better there. Best wishes on your recovery and move. Hope it all goes well.
KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!
6.29.06 Colonoscopy found the mass!
7.06.06 Colon resection a success. Stage II, T3, N0, MX. Doing the Folfox6 thing as part of a study.

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:14 am

John,

Making it out of the hospital in record time! Continue to recover and know that Nebraska will embrace you with arms wide open!

Holly

Bryan S

Postby Bryan S » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:07 pm

Relax get the remote and let somepne wait on you.
You will get better as time passes

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:27 pm

I have spent a LOT of time with the remote in one hand and some kind of clear liquid in the other. And I sure am glad I like mashed potatoes!

I was hoping the doctors would let me go to work this Saturday and/or Monday(All I do is sit in a chair and talk on the radio), as long as my wife drove me, but they answered with a resounding NO! Not at least until after the stitches come out next Wednesday.

I'm discovering recovery is a bit painful, but that's to be expected after someone's mucked around your innards for 5 1/2 hours. But, I see small signs of improvement, which I find encouraging. With my wife and our "adopted Mommy"(a retired nurse) combining to take care of me, I'm in pretty good hands.

Dinner's ready. Talk to you soon.

gwenm3@aol.com

keep smiling and positive

Postby gwenm3@aol.com » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:57 pm

take the pillow around with you... don't be in a hurry to go back to work, let your body heal... take care and God Bless You.

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:14 pm

I tend to be a pretty impatient guy, so just sitting around doing nothing is tough. I do keep a pillow with me, in case our schnauzer Snoopy, whenever he sits beside me, feels the need to bound away quickly. Having the tv remote with me at all times is a given.

It's slower than I'd like, but from what my wife and our "Mommy" tell me, I'm doing remarkably well.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”