O/T...Post Your Pics Here

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
peanut_8

Re: O/T...Post Your Pics Here

Postby peanut_8 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:12 pm

I've never had much luck growing peppers. Think they need really hot sunny weather to do well. May try them in Austin next year.
Also curious whether the Shark is still on the table. :shock: :shock:
And whatever a wooo is? Looks pretty delicious.

As for those filberts, BS, 32 lbs should last a long time. Do you them in baking? Glad to see Miss Chloe along and looking good.
Terri aka peanut
diagnosed Jan 14, RC stage 2a, age 56
permanent colostomy
MSS
April 14, 28 chemo/rad with Xeloda
June 14 adjuvant Xeloda 6 rounds
currently NED

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:45 pm

No, I don't bake w/filberts, peanut...not that I wouldn't, mind you. At about 40% yield I should end up w/around 13 lbs of filberts. I won't be roasting them either. Like them raw. Will keep some in the fridge for occasional healthy protein snacks; if you don't eat too many, that is. :lol: (I keep various nuts in the freezer. Think I have walnuts, pecans, almonds). Will give some away, freeze the rest.

The shells some people use to make garden paths, or mulch flowerbeds or top off your pots. Suppose to deter weeds, slugs & cats from using flowerbeds as litter box, however they like to use everybody else's grass too. If my dog did that to neighboring yards, well, that appears to be different. :roll:

BS
DSS,35YO,unresect mCRC DX 7/'14,lvr,LN,peri,rib
FOLFOX+Avstn 4 Rnds d/c 10/'14
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14
Gone From My Sight 2/20/15
Me:garden variety polyps + precancerous polyp, diverticulitis
Carergver x2 DH,DM dbl occupancy,'03-'10
DH dx 47YO mCRC,'04-'07 fried x HAI
DM dx CC 85YO,CC,CHF,stroke,dementia,aphasia

zx10guy

Postby zx10guy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:55 pm

Thank you BS and Peanut. I'm glad you like my pics. It's been my escape from a pretty sad reality.

Soccermom, yes the bridge is in Delaware. Next to Seashore Park. Froze my rear end off waiting for it to get dark and for the all those lights on the bridge to fire up. On the way up Coastal Highway, I passed what looks like an old military observation tower along the beach line which was lit up in blue like the bridge. That might be my next photo subject.

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:13 pm

It's been pretty hazy here in central cal. Smoke from the terrible fire to the north. So sad for those folks.

Terri aka peanut
permanent colostomy
MSS
currently NED

Soccermom2boys

Postby Soccermom2boys » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:57 pm

OMG—three years on this forum and I finally submitted my first picture! Words can’t express how excited I am over this—it was always such wonderment over how people were able to post their pictures on here! For the record for anyone reading through this in the future—if I have been able to do it so can you! :lol: Thank you, BS, for referring me back to where I could find a description of the process—I went to imgur and honestly the hardest part to this process was them verifying I wasn’t some robot and I had to keep clicking on which parts of the picture puzzles were fire hydrants and chimneys and crosswalks and streetlights. LOL

By no means a spectacular first picture, but this as an unexpected and rare occurrence to have three inches of snow so early in November. Twenty four hours later and all of the snow had melted away.

BS—your memories of being a soccermom made me smile. And I can only imagine the hell of having to ref a soccer game with a team full of attorneys, no wonder your son won’t ref for them anymore, but the vision of it made me chuckle, sorry. :mrgreen:

Zx10guy—That Tower you are referring to is part of Towers Beach (such a descriptive name for it, eh?!). I don’t think it was always bathed in the blue lights at night, but I noticed that last weekend when I drove past it in the evening. Yes, it is one of a few remnants from WW II, I believe. That beach is generally where we go if we head down for a day trip to the beach. And as for your evening shots of the Indian River Inlet bridge, your pictures came out great so thanks for freezing your butt off waiting to get them—seeing those pictures was the catalyst that finally got me to join in on this thread after enjoying reading through it faithfully the past year or so since BS started it.
8/3/15 Went in with a hemorrhoid, came out with a tumor
8/12/15 Biopsy from colonoscopy confirms RC (45 yrs old--zero family history!)
9/21 - 10/29/15 chemorad 28 tx (with Xeloda)
12/17/15 APR with perm colostomy
Pathology report stages me as IIIA (T2N1M0)--1/15 LN detects cancer
2/3/16 chemo port inserted
2/8-6/2/16 8 rounds of Folfox

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:56 pm

What a great snowy pumpkin pic! Bravo SMom!!!

Had a busy morning here preparing for the big day tomorrow. Loaded up DH and the dog, and headed down to the wharf for our annual Dungeness crab purchase.

Being the day before Thanksgiving, it was pretty busy at wharf 2. Apparently Californians love their crab.

Learned a couple things this morning. One being that former Secretary of Defense, Leon Panetta, is a dog lover.

He was going into the fish store when Fonzie and I were waiting for DH to finish up his order. Mr. Panetta gave Fonzie a pat on the head and continued on his way.
Had an opportunity to get his pic, butt thought it might be impolite, so I got some more of the wharf.

On the ride home, I learned that Aerosmith named "Walk this way" after the famous scene in Young Frankenstein.

The movie Young Frankenstein was playing in Times Square, so they went to see it. The film is a comedy starring Gene Wilder, and there is a famous scene in the movie where Igor (Marty Feldman) tells Dr. Frankenstein to "Walk This Way," meaning to follow him. Dr. Frankenstein imitates Igor's walk, which the band thought was hilarious. When they saw Tyler the next day, they informed him that the title of the song would be "Walk This Way."
https://www.songfacts.com/facts/aerosmith/walk-this-way

For the curious amongst you, the crab goes into a stuffing loosely based on this recipe. https://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipe ... ng-2585655
Terri aka peanut
permanent colostomy
MSS
currently NED

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:49 pm

Enjoying these pics!
Soccermom, I have never seen a yellow pumpkin. Really like the brick wall they're sitting on.
For you cooks out there, I recently read that canned pumpkin is really not pumpkin @ all, rather a blend of various winter squash. That pumpkin is rather stringy; doesn't cook down very well.
As a side note, my son has reffed other rough teams. Romanians come to mind. Those Europeans can play HARD & ROUGH, physically & VERBALLY. One of the players had actually put in my back patio. He apologized to my son for the behavior of his team mates as he was quite embarrassed by them. :oops:
Soccer is a great sport for kids as all sizes, shapes can play any position. A game of skill & finesse. My son made the Classic Team as a middle schooler & Varsity team as a freshman in high school.
What I DON'T miss: A car of boys headed home after losing a game...wet, muddy, smelly...AND, oh the complaining about the ref! I'll have to remind him of that :!: :shock: :lol: :mrgreen:

peanut...you have such a great view, hazy or not! Yes, those wildfires are devastating to so many w/lost lives, homes. So unfortunate + forest gone. :cry:
That's quite a story you've got @ the wharf. I would not have recognized Leon Panetta. And btw, love the pics of the wharf! Not sure about crab in stuffing :?: :shock: Is this going in the bird? Mmmm, maybe an acquired taste :?: :lol: :mrgreen: :P
Don't know if I ever saw Young Frankenstein, but always thought Gene Wilder was a hoot! :lol:

Happy Thanksgiving to our U.S. participants,
BS
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

benben

Postby benben » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:16 pm

Nice contributions everyone!

bitchslapped wrote:peanut...you have such a great view, hazy or not!

I fully agree. That's one incredible view to be able to take in daily! Also that vast hedge makes my arms sore from the thought of all the trimming. Hah!

Here are some pics around the Tri-Cities. I have to admit that none of these are taken by me, but rather my son. He's very much into photography, and has been for several years.

Lake Wenatchee - Not exactly Tri-Cities but 1.5 hours west into the cascades near Leavenworth.

Sunrise Nov 25 - Hills above Kennewick

Columbia River (part of scenery I take in on my daily bike ride)

Nearby hills

Balloon launch - along Yakima River
----------------------
3/29/17 diagnosed CRC - 44 y/o Male
4/17/17 ULAR - Straight anastomosis - no ostomy.
Path: low grade T3n1m0 - moderate diff.
KRAS - NO, MLH1/PMS2/MSH6/MSH2 - Normal.
5/3 med port install
5/22 folfox - first treatment.
3rd treat, delayed - low ANC - reduced to 90% OXI
zarxio all treats
Treat 7 - 75% OXI
Treats 8-12 - NO OXI, Luke & 5FU
10/20/17 CT- NED
3/18 Scope - Clean
7/18 CT-Scan - Clear, CEA 4.6 :(
8/30 CEA 2.6
10/5 CEA 1.5
11/8 PORT OUT!

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:57 am

Those are some nice pics your son took benben! :D Miss the area. Those balloons are something else...vibrant. Leavenworth magical @ Christmastime. My favorite tho is #3.

peanut, If you're reading, how was that crab stuffing?

Went out for Thanksgiving (bad food) but had purchased a smoked turkey from Costco( $$$$ as far as turkey goes). First time for that. Was good, however missed good ol fashioned stuffed, oven-roasted bird. So have one in the freezer for when I get around to it. Have never had deep fried turkey.

BS
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

stu

Postby stu » Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:53 am

Hi ,
Your son has a real eye for photography. He must be a similar age to mine . That’s incredible.
Stu
supporter to my mum who lives a great life despite a difficult diagnosis
stage4 2009 significant spread to liver
2010 colon /liver resection
chemo following recurrence
73% of liver removed
enjoying life treatment free
2016 lung resection
Oct 2017 nice clear scan . Two lung nodules disappeared
Oct 2018. Another clear scan .

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:42 pm

LOVE the pics benben! Please thank your son for sharing.

BS, our cornbread/crab stuffing was a big hit. It is kind of like a deconstructed crab cake. Sauteed celery and onion in lots of butter. Discovered Kerrygold butter this year (quite a difference maker). Then mix the veg with toasted cornbread, and crab and turkey stock. They have $5 turkeys here at our local grocery (Safeway). Ours was roasted and turned into stock. Got an organic heritage bird for the first time from Wholefoods. Pricey, but tasty, there's a definite difference. Still a little full from that meal.

Had a little rain squall out on the water today.

Terri aka peanut
permanent colostomy
MSS
currently NED

stu

Postby stu » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:42 am

73% of liver removed
2016 lung resection

stu

Postby stu » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:43 am

Edinburgh Castle by night . It really is beautiful . I drag all my guys to a Christmas concert on the Ist of December to start Christmas .
Stu
73% of liver removed
2016 lung resection

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:38 am

Christmas concert by the castle sounds really fun. Love the pic too! Thanks Stu!
Terri aka peanut
permanent colostomy
MSS
currently NED

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:55 pm

Looked that castle up Stu on account of it is perched pretty darn high to be accessed. Of course that is the point of castles is it not? Bit of trivia:

Research undertaken in 2014 identified 26 sieges in its 1100-year-old history, giving it a claim to having been "the most besieged place in Great Britain and one of the most attacked in the world".

Hope you got to go inside.

peanut, I like that Amish Roll butter if you remember (sold @ Safeway/Albertsons). Can't remember if I've tried the Kerrygold. Never have had cornbread stuffing, nor crab cakes that I can recall. Have used crab in seafood salads & that's about it. I usually stuff the bird, so tend to leave out the butta :D (imagine that would ruin a cornbread stuffing,tho).

What a deal on that bird!! I did order a fresh turkey one time ($$$$) & yes, was very good; could definitely taste the difference.
So my dnl followed suit one year, ordered one from the butcher & feedback I heard = paid a lot of $, tasted the same (oops).

BS
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”