Picture Posting Topic

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
MissMolly

Re: O/T...Post Your Pics Here

Postby MissMolly » Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:27 pm

stu wrote:From Fishing villages to the Lake District for my youngest son . His school participates in the Duke of Edinburgh scheme . They have to walk for miles with an enormous rucksack. He completed it during a storm and sent me a photo of one of his routes .He walked from the bottom up . I think the ethos must be life can be tough , keep climbing .
Stu

Keep moving. Just keep moving.

My brother is a long-term cancer survivor, diagnosed with an aggressive Grade IV glioblastoma multiforma brain tumor in the early 1980s at the age of 16. CT scans, at the time, were on the cusp of discovery and neurosurgery rudimentary as compared to today. My brother is now 58 years of age and appropriately deemed “miracle.”

I honestly believe that a significant variable to my brother’s benefit was his inherent drive to walk, hike, and be at one with nature - partaking in expedition tours to remote corners of the world with a backpack and minimal essentials. Tuning out from 24 hour news and tuning into indigenous people and cultures and absorbing the abundance of the natural world around us. My brother found an inner “zen” in hiking, aligning his mind/body/soul, that better enabled/enables him to face his ongoing health challenges (intractable epilepsy with grand mal seizures, spasticity of his extremities that affects his gross and fine motor coordination, deficits with cognitive thinking).

My brother also provides me with a more refined personal compass. If my brother can get out of bed each morning and create a day of meaning, then so too can I.

Thanks to everyone contributing to this thread. It is a shining beacon of spirit.
Karen
Dear friend to Bella Piazza, former Colon Club member (NWGirl).
I have a permanent ileostomy and offer advice on living with an ostomy - in loving remembrance of Bella
I am on Palliative Care for broad endocrine failure + Addison's disease + osteonecrosis of both hips/jaw + immunosuppression. I live a simple life due to frail health.

CRguy

Re: O/T...REPLY TO ...Post Your Pics Here

Postby CRguy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:42 pm

bitchslapped wrote: But when the branches are low enough to brush your hair for you, it's time to open up your heart & let the sunshine in!
BS

YES I got the reference
HAIR !!!! :shock: :mrgreen:
"let the sun shine in ..."

DAMN Ethel ... you one crazy
harsh ole' skule,
gotta Rule, break dem rules
60's chick :shock: lovesit !!! I do
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Damn fine
layin' down the line
WORD
talkin' bout trees
NOT absurd
on a forum dedicated to
turd ?
:oops:

YES I AM going now
sorry,
when you told your tree guys
"just a little off the top ... "

I think they misunderstood and thought you said
Just go over the TOP on this !!!!

Harmony sista' :mrgreen:
CR
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

mobrouser

Postby mobrouser » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:57 am

peanut_8 wrote:

^^^^^pic my architect friend Paul sent this morning, from a building site he's working on, Rocky Point, CA^^^^^

I'm picturing the finished project as something like this (ignore the city view) -

I just noticed that Harry seems to like to change his table lamps regularly :wink:
CC Dx 102017 age 58
Lap. right hemi-colectomy Dec 2017
Adenocarcinoma ascending colon – 6cm x 6cm x 2cm, Low Grade, penetrates to peritoneum
T4a N2a M0, Stage IIIC
lymph nodes 6 positive out of 18
FOLFOX start Jan/18 end Aug/8 (felt like a year)
CEA - 01/15/18-2.8; 07/29/18-5.3; 09/19-2.4; 03/20-2.7; 09/20-2.9
CT scan 08/18 - Clear; 10/19 - Clear; * 10/20 - 8mm & 6mm nodules in liver
PET scan 09/18 (thought about bringing the cat :wink: ) - Clear
Colonoscopy Dec 7 2018 - Clear - Next in 3 years?

mobrouser

Postby mobrouser » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:05 pm

stu wrote:Image

I'd love to know how hubby did this. It's fabulous!
CC Dx 102017 age 58
Adenocarcinoma ascending colon – 6cm x 6cm x 2cm, Low Grade, penetrates to peritoneum
T4a N2a M0, Stage IIIC

mobrouser

Postby mobrouser » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:28 pm

I may have mentioned it before, but I am not really a dog person. I do like that rug, though. Lots of reds in it.

The guys missed having Thanksgiving leftovers so I am cooking a turkey today. In the oven so there will be stuffing and gravy. I'll probably have a tomato sandwich.
CC Dx 102017 age 58
T4a N2a M0, Stage IIIC

zx10guy

Postby zx10guy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:56 pm

Yesterday at the Eastern Shore:

zx10guy

Postby zx10guy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Thank you BS.

Here are the best pictures of the weekend. Very pleased at how well the last closer up shot of the bridge came out. It was a real challenge getting the pictures to come out without all the digital noise indicative of low light digital photography.

Soccermom2boys

Postby Soccermom2boys » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:01 pm

First let me say how much I love this thread and get excited when I see it’s been added to. It makes our world seem so small in the sense that we are able to share our piece of the world with each other. Thank you all so much for contributing to this thread and sharing so generously not just your pictures (which as I previously stated I love!), but for also sharing the human side of your lives—what you do or like or your pets or family members, etc.—that whole other life outside of CRC and that alone is a gift! And eventually one of these days I will take the time to figure out how to post a picture on here, not that I can think of anything I have to share at the moment, but it is on my list of things to learn, to be able to get a picture up on here without anyone having to do it for me. LOL

Ok, zx10guy, I kept looking at the recent pictures and thinking I had seen that bridge somewhere—especially as you said the pictures were from the Eastern Shore. Then when you included the lit up version of it, I knew what it was! The Indian River Inlet bridge—I have been over that numerous times as I live in DE and pass over it when traveling down to Bethany Beach or OC, MD. Great pics and the night-time version ones are impressive! Do you know the history of that bridge? :shock:
8/3/15 Went in with a hemorrhoid, came out with a tumor
8/12/15 Biopsy from colonoscopy confirms RC (45 yrs old--zero family history!)
9/21 - 10/29/15 chemorad 28 tx (with Xeloda)
12/17/15 APR with perm colostomy
Pathology report stages me as IIIA (T2N1M0)--1/15 LN detects cancer
2/3/16 chemo port inserted
2/8-6/2/16 8 rounds of Folfox

canadiandaughter

Postby canadiandaughter » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:43 pm

Hey BS, I know a thing or two about vacuums and dog hair being I have 4 of the hairy beasts in my house. I have a Roomba, but it's not great with the dog hair. I had a dyson, blew the motor. So, I did some research and went with a shark similar to what is pictured above, but I got the pet version. I love it!! It was not overly expensive and has survived almost 2 years in my crazy house. It's had a real test lately as the weather here gets colder, dogs in the house more, and the vacuuming was not done as often as it should have been with harvest happening.
DD to 81 year old father
dx 24/07/14 iv cc mets liver/lung
folifiri started 19/07/14
shrinkage of all mets
growth in the liver,started folfox/avastin 80% 13/01/16
reduced to 70% due to side effects 27/01/16
First scan on folfox shows shrinkage in lungs, but liver just stable
6 rounds of vectibix-fail. 3cm growth and new spots showing Waiting for panel recommendations
At peace January 8, 2017

mobrouser

Postby mobrouser » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Capt. Matthew Dawe was killed in Afghanistan in 2007 at the age of 27.
This picture was on the front page of the Toronto Star the day after he was killed and the first thing that struck me was the contrast between his son's tiny shoes and his big army boots.
Capt. Dawe was the cousin of a friend I made through a forum similar to this one that was dedicated to hockey. She is also military (as is her husband, in fact the entire Dawe family is military) and also a breast cancer survivor.
Sadly she is an Ottawa Senators fan.
It's been a couple of years since we last chatted, but I post this picture on my facebook page every year on Remembrance Day to let her know I won't forget.

mob
Last edited by mobrouser on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CC Dx 102017 age 58
T4a N2a M0, Stage IIIC

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:47 pm

Beautiful Remembrance mob
thank you for sharing and honouring your friend

Respectfully
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

mobrouser

Postby mobrouser » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:04 pm

bitchslapped wrote:Only thing I know about the Roomba's peanut is that they are $$$$!! Sounds nice though in between manual vacuuming = floors always look presentable. My niece has one & apparently uses on carpet only...so THAT w/b an issue for me.

Besides being BLOWN AWAY by zx's last two pics (spectacular :!: :!: ) :shock: :shock: ... I'm beginning to wonder, zx...maybe YOU could even make ME look good in my old age...black & white of course :!: :!: :!: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

I am wondering about those tomato sandwiches mob mentioned. Think they are popular in the South here in the USA, but personally never had one.
Do have some garden tomatoes & peppers to use up + avocado & lettuce on hand. YOU reading mob? Imagine bread would get soggy unless toasted.

Ever wonder why tomato & potato in plural adds "es"? :lol:

BS

I'm reading. You need to add mayonnaise and skip the peppers and then you will have perfection. We call them sink sandwiches. Pluck a ripe tomato off the plant, wash it and slice it up onto a piece of bread with mayonnaise, add salt and pepper if you like, then lean over the kitchen sink when you take a bite in case some juice wants to drip and enjoy. No fuss and no muss.

8) mob
CC Dx 102017 age 58
T4a N2a M0, Stage IIIC

mobrouser

Postby mobrouser » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:15 pm

It's 35 degrees outside (that's F not C) so gardening has moved indoors. Well it actually moved indoors about six weeks ago.
The eldest mobster decided he wanted to grow hot peppers this summer so he bought seeds on line from the Netherlands: Carolina Reapers and Ghost Peppers. https://pepperhead.com/top-10-worlds-hottest-peppers/
While they did flower, it took a long time for the peppers to develop, so the largest plants were dug up and put into pots and are now sitting in my living room under fluorescent light.

He ate one with dinner the other night. He had a glass of milk ready, but part way through dinner he had to down a second glass.
Apparently the poop he had the next morning was rather uncomfortable too.
The plants have started flowering again. I refuse to allow a bee hive in the house, so he is using a paint brush to try and pollinate them :idea:.

I made turkey broth last weekend in the stock pot, this weekend is pulled pork.
And in case you were wondering, today's drink of choice is:

I am anxious to find out if the Shark is still on the dining room table.....

8) mob
CC Dx 102017 age 58
T4a N2a M0, Stage IIIC

zx10guy

Postby zx10guy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:55 pm

Thank you BS and Peanut. I'm glad you like my pics. It's been my escape from a pretty sad reality.

Soccermom, yes the bridge is in Delaware. Next to Seashore Park. Froze my rear end off waiting for it to get dark and for the all those lights on the bridge to fire up. On the way up Coastal Highway, I passed what looks like an old military observation tower along the beach line which was lit up in blue like the bridge. That might be my next photo subject.

Soccermom2boys

Postby Soccermom2boys » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:57 pm

OMG—three years on this forum and I finally submitted my first picture! Words can’t express how excited I am over this—it was always such wonderment over how people were able to post their pictures on here! For the record for anyone reading through this in the future—if I have been able to do it so can you! :lol: Thank you, BS, for referring me back to where I could find a description of the process—I went to imgur and honestly the hardest part to this process was them verifying I wasn’t some robot and I had to keep clicking on which parts of the picture puzzles were fire hydrants and chimneys and crosswalks and streetlights. LOL

By no means a spectacular first picture, but this as an unexpected and rare occurrence to have three inches of snow so early in November. Twenty four hours later and all of the snow had melted away.

BS—your memories of being a soccermom made me smile. And I can only imagine the hell of having to ref a soccer game with a team full of attorneys, no wonder your son won’t ref for them anymore, but the vision of it made me chuckle, sorry. :mrgreen:

Zx10guy—That Tower you are referring to is part of Towers Beach (such a descriptive name for it, eh?!). I don’t think it was always bathed in the blue lights at night, but I noticed that last weekend when I drove past it in the evening. Yes, it is one of a few remnants from WW II, I believe. That beach is generally where we go if we head down for a day trip to the beach. And as for your evening shots of the Indian River Inlet bridge, your pictures came out great so thanks for freezing your butt off waiting to get them—seeing those pictures was the catalyst that finally got me to join in on this thread after enjoying reading through it faithfully the past year or so since BS started it.
8/3/15 Went in with a hemorrhoid, came out with a tumor
8/12/15 Biopsy from colonoscopy confirms RC (45 yrs old--zero family history!)
9/21 - 10/29/15 chemorad 28 tx (with Xeloda)
12/17/15 APR with perm colostomy
Pathology report stages me as IIIA (T2N1M0)--1/15 LN detects cancer
2/3/16 chemo port inserted
2/8-6/2/16 8 rounds of Folfox

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”