O/T...Post Your Pics Here

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
bitchslapped

Re: O/T...Post Your Pics Here

Postby bitchslapped » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:30 pm

Well, mob, I've only got so much subject material to work with on accounta my life ain't all that interesting! :lol:
Maybe this more in your wheelhouse :!: :mrgreen: :P

Was a gift. Robbed the little gold box of the chocolate, which was quite tasty, btw. Seems like a very fine wine glass...except not much of a wine drinker myself.

I am in the market for a new vacuum cleaner though. Taking recommendations for a good one folks...like maybe a SEBO. Maybe even capture some romance w/a moonlight pic of it when I get one! Can't do black & white or special effects tho. Dang :P :roll: :mrgreen:

Rug is old, needs to go like everything else around here...including me :!: :mrgreen:

Thanksgiving 11/22 in USA = dining out :arrow: :arrow: No work, No leftovers.

Maybe you'll get to use that new stockpot for turkey-noodle soup!

BS
DSS,35YO,unresect mCRC DX 7/'14,lvr,LN,peri,rib
FOLFOX+Avstn 4 Rnds d/c 10/'14
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14
Gone From My Sight 2/20/15
Me:garden variety polyps + precancerous polyp, diverticulitis
Carergver x2 DH,DM dbl occupancy,'03-'10
DH dx 47YO mCRC,'04-'07 fried x HAI
DM dx CC 85YO,CC,CHF,stroke,dementia,aphasia

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:31 pm

Well, right off the bat, I must confess that I do like wine, and dogs.

Vacuums, however, not so much. In fact, my DH was nice enough recently to search for a self-propelled one. :roll:

Apparently he didn't find one worth purchasing, not sure why. So, instead I made this purchase.

The Shark Navigator Lift-Away Professional NV356E.

Amazon must have had a special on it for a day or so, because it was $119 when I bought it. I see that it its currently $179.99. Can't vouch for it's effectiveness yet, as it is still in pieces on top of the dining room table. :shock: :shock:

However, it did receive good reviews. Apparently lots of Amazon buyers don't hate vacuums, or al least not this one. I think I was swayed by it's professional-ness, and the Lift-away feature. What that means, I do not know. I am mostly a pretend house cleaner. more :roll: :roll: :roll:

I do have quite a bit of experience with vacuum purchasing, primarily because we used to own a Samoyed, or mostly he owned us. This is not him (no pics handy) butt an example to show how much fur those things have.

When people say Samoyeds blow their coat twice a year, they aren't kidding. We used to need a new vacuum about every other year.

He was not the smartest dog, butt he did have a jolly sense of humor. RIP Smoochie.
Terri aka peanut
diagnosed Jan 14, RC stage 2a, age 56
permanent colostomy
MSS
April 14, 28 chemo/rad with Xeloda
June 14 adjuvant Xeloda 6 rounds
currently NED

zx10guy

Postby zx10guy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:56 pm

Yesterday at the Eastern Shore:

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:59 pm

Are you serious right now zx :shock: :?: :!: :arrow: :arrow:
Never have I seen rocks look so inviting unless I'm standing right in front of them :)
So hard to choose, but if I HAD to, I'm going w/#13!

peanut...Can't imagine grooming the fine hair of pictured pooch ...hairs must float for days!
Have you or anyone used a Roomba type vacuum? I'm a make believe house cleaner too, considering the daily cedar duff that gets tracked inside this time of year.
My experience w/bagless = dirty, dusty to empty. :(
Then there's the upright vs canister issue...

BS
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

zx10guy

Postby zx10guy » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:28 pm

Thank you BS.

Here are the best pictures of the weekend. Very pleased at how well the last closer up shot of the bridge came out. It was a real challenge getting the pictures to come out without all the digital noise indicative of low light digital photography.

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:11 pm

Wow, your pics are stunning zx10. Bravo, and thanks for sharing. Those last 2 of the bridges are spectacular, not to diminish from the others which are quite nice as well.

Never had a Roomba, BS. Seems like a good idea, however. Do they teach themselves which path to take?
Terri aka peanut
diagnosed Jan 14, RC stage 2a, age 56
permanent colostomy
MSS
April 14, 28 chemo/rad with Xeloda
June 14 adjuvant Xeloda 6 rounds
currently NED

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:02 pm

Only thing I know about the Roomba's peanut is that they are $$$$!! Sounds nice though in between manual vacuuming = floors always look presentable. My niece has one & apparently uses on carpet only...so THAT w/b an issue for me.

Besides being BLOWN AWAY by zx's last two pics (spectacular :!: :!: ) :shock: :shock: ... I'm beginning to wonder, zx...maybe YOU could even make ME look good in my old age...black & white of course :!: :!: :!: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

I am wondering about those tomato sandwiches mob mentioned. Think they are popular in the South here in the USA, but personally never had one.
Do have some garden tomatoes & peppers to use up + avocado & lettuce on hand. YOU reading mob? Imagine bread would get soggy unless toasted.

Ever wonder why tomato & potato in plural adds "es"? :lol:

BS
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

Soccermom2boys

Postby Soccermom2boys » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:01 pm

First let me say how much I love this thread and get excited when I see it’s been added to. It makes our world seem so small in the sense that we are able to share our piece of the world with each other. Thank you all so much for contributing to this thread and sharing so generously not just your pictures (which as I previously stated I love!), but for also sharing the human side of your lives—what you do or like or your pets or family members, etc.—that whole other life outside of CRC and that alone is a gift! And eventually one of these days I will take the time to figure out how to post a picture on here, not that I can think of anything I have to share at the moment, but it is on my list of things to learn, to be able to get a picture up on here without anyone having to do it for me. LOL

Ok, zx10guy, I kept looking at the recent pictures and thinking I had seen that bridge somewhere—especially as you said the pictures were from the Eastern Shore. Then when you included the lit up version of it, I knew what it was! The Indian River Inlet bridge—I have been over that numerous times as I live in DE and pass over it when traveling down to Bethany Beach or OC, MD. Great pics and the night-time version ones are impressive! Do you know the history of that bridge? :shock:
8/3/15 Went in with a hemorrhoid, came out with a tumor
8/12/15 Biopsy from colonoscopy confirms RC (45 yrs old--zero family history!)
9/21 - 10/29/15 chemorad 28 tx (with Xeloda)
12/17/15 APR with perm colostomy
Pathology report stages me as IIIA (T2N1M0)--1/15 LN detects cancer
2/3/16 chemo port inserted
2/8-6/2/16 8 rounds of Folfox

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:11 pm

Soccermom, If you look on pages 1 & 6 you'll see options for posting pics. You just have to play around w/it a bit.

I agree w/you wholeheartedly. Who would think one could visit a cancer forum while getting a reprieve from the subject of cancer :?: :!:
This is where Colon Talk is a cut above in support of the whole person. :)

BTW, I too, was a soccer mom of 2 boys. Spent many cold, wet weekend mornings on some soccer field way across town, hope to God you can find a bathroom. I remember when my boys first asked @ about ages 5,6 if they could play soccer. I remember thinking: "What is soccer?" Well I learned as they played all through high school. In fact, who would think over approx 30+ year time span I would occasionally be on a soccer field or indoor facility watching my son play &/or referee? Along w/reffing adult recreational soccer, The League has asked him to coach new refs getting started out on the field. No picnic being a ref. You have to have a love for the game, know your stuff & know that you know your stuff to tolerate the abuse that is thrown your way, manage discord on & off the field, remove people from the field. One thing he won't do anymore is referee attorney teams...or @ least THAT team! There was a brawl between two opposing players on the field. He didn't want to "card" anybody the last 3 minutes of the game; thought they could finish okay...NOPE :lol: Oh, the stories he tells... :roll: :mrgreen: :lol:

BS
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

canadiandaughter

Postby canadiandaughter » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:43 pm

Hey BS, I know a thing or two about vacuums and dog hair being I have 4 of the hairy beasts in my house. I have a Roomba, but it's not great with the dog hair. I had a dyson, blew the motor. So, I did some research and went with a shark similar to what is pictured above, but I got the pet version. I love it!! It was not overly expensive and has survived almost 2 years in my crazy house. It's had a real test lately as the weather here gets colder, dogs in the house more, and the vacuuming was not done as often as it should have been with harvest happening.
DD to 81 year old father
dx 24/07/14 iv cc mets liver/lung
folifiri started 19/07/14
shrinkage of all mets
growth in the liver,started folfox/avastin 80% 13/01/16
reduced to 70% due to side effects 27/01/16
First scan on folfox shows shrinkage in lungs, but liver just stable
6 rounds of vectibix-fail. 3cm growth and new spots showing Waiting for panel recommendations
At peace January 8, 2017

mobrouser

Postby mobrouser » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Capt. Matthew Dawe was killed in Afghanistan in 2007 at the age of 27.
This picture was on the front page of the Toronto Star the day after he was killed and the first thing that struck me was the contrast between his son's tiny shoes and his big army boots.
Capt. Dawe was the cousin of a friend I made through a forum similar to this one that was dedicated to hockey. She is also military (as is her husband, in fact the entire Dawe family is military) and also a breast cancer survivor.
Sadly she is an Ottawa Senators fan.
It's been a couple of years since we last chatted, but I post this picture on my facebook page every year on Remembrance Day to let her know I won't forget.

mob
Last edited by mobrouser on Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CC Dx Oct 2017 @ age 58
Laparoscopic hemi-colectomy Dec 2017
Adenocarcinoma ascending colon – 6cm x 6cm x 2cm, Low Grade, penetrates to peritoneum
T4a N2a M0, Stage IIIC
lymph nodes 6 positive out of 18
FOLFOX started Jan 16 2018; finished Aug 2 2018 (felt like a year)
CEA - 01/15/18 - 2.8; 07/29/18 - 5.3
CT scan Aug 8 2018 - Clear
PET scan Sept 6 2018 (thought about bringing the cat :wink: ) - Clear

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:47 pm

Beautiful Remembrance mob
thank you for sharing and honouring your friend

Respectfully
CRguy
Caregiver x 3
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
11 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

mobrouser

Postby mobrouser » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:04 pm

bitchslapped wrote:Only thing I know about the Roomba's peanut is that they are $$$$!! Sounds nice though in between manual vacuuming = floors always look presentable. My niece has one & apparently uses on carpet only...so THAT w/b an issue for me.

Besides being BLOWN AWAY by zx's last two pics (spectacular :!: :!: ) :shock: :shock: ... I'm beginning to wonder, zx...maybe YOU could even make ME look good in my old age...black & white of course :!: :!: :!: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

I am wondering about those tomato sandwiches mob mentioned. Think they are popular in the South here in the USA, but personally never had one.
Do have some garden tomatoes & peppers to use up + avocado & lettuce on hand. YOU reading mob? Imagine bread would get soggy unless toasted.

Ever wonder why tomato & potato in plural adds "es"? :lol:

BS

I'm reading. You need to add mayonnaise and skip the peppers and then you will have perfection. We call them sink sandwiches. Pluck a ripe tomato off the plant, wash it and slice it up onto a piece of bread with mayonnaise, add salt and pepper if you like, then lean over the kitchen sink when you take a bite in case some juice wants to drip and enjoy. No fuss and no muss.

8) mob
CC Dx Oct 2017 @ age 58
Laparoscopic hemi-colectomy Dec 2017
Adenocarcinoma ascending colon – 6cm x 6cm x 2cm, Low Grade, penetrates to peritoneum
T4a N2a M0, Stage IIIC
lymph nodes 6 positive out of 18
FOLFOX started Jan 16 2018; finished Aug 2 2018 (felt like a year)
CEA - 01/15/18 - 2.8; 07/29/18 - 5.3
CT scan Aug 8 2018 - Clear
PET scan Sept 6 2018 (thought about bringing the cat :wink: ) - Clear

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”