CT Scan said, "colon consistent with cancer"

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
NHMike

Re: CT Scan said, "colon consistent with cancer"

Postby NHMike » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:47 pm

Maelleous wrote:I can tell you, that Feb of last year I had symptoms. (Blood in my stool) but I thought, and everyone else, that it was just hemmoroids. I am younger (35) and was very healthy. I decided to ignore it... I ran a 16k in April. I won a holiday run just before that. I was in the best shape of my life. I was eating super healthy, etc etc.

I finally decided in August after the symptoms got worse and worse to get the colonoscopy. I came SOOOOO close to cancelling right before because I didn't see blood for several days and convinced myself that my ultra healthy diet got rid of it. I am so glad I wasn't a fool. Mine was stage 3C and was just reaching its evil tendrils out to the rest of my body, had I waited a bit longer... it would have gotten to my lungs/liver and I would be significantly lowering my odds.

If you go, it is caught early, you may not even have to go through the horror that is chemo. GO NOW and get it checked. I am a firm believer of diet/exercise, etc. But all the healthy food in the world has a LOT better chance of helping you if you go and get the damn thing cut out first. It is scary to go, scary to face it, but not facing it very will likely take away all your options.

The earlier the better, go now.

Thanks for some details about you. Sounds like you work out, eat healthy, are young and do the right things for your body. People are floored when I tell them that I have cancer as they look at me and consider me a very healthy person. I saw a study indicating that 66% of cancer is caused by random mutations so you can do everything well and still get it.
6/17: ER rectal bleeding; Colonoscopy
7/17: 3B rectal. T3N1bM0. 5.2 4.5 4.3 cm. Lymphs: 6 x 4 mm, 8 x 6, 5 x 5
7/17-9/17: Xeloda radiation
7/5: CEA 2.7; 8/16: 1.9; 11/30: 0.6; 12/20 1.4; 1/10 1.8; 1/31 2.2; 2/28 2.6; 4/10 2.8; 5/1 2.8; 5/29 3.2; 7/13 4.5; 8/9 2.8, 2/12 1.2
MSS, KRAS G12D
10/17: 2.7 2.2 1.6 cm (-90%). Lymphs: 3 x 3 mm (-62.5%), 4 x 3 (-75%), 5 x 3 (-40%). 5.1 CM from AV
10/17: LAR, Temp Ileostomy, Path Complete Response
CapeOx (8) 12/17-6/18
7/18: Reversal, Port Removal
2/19: Clean CT

Lee

Re: CT Scan said, "colon consistent with cancer"

Postby Lee » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:13 pm

I too was one of those people who had no symptom, healthy and active. Yet I was one of the unlucky ones to get it.

Vanghtower,

For what it is worth, I knew 2 people who thought they could cure there cancer on their own. I'm sure similar to what you are doing. Sorry to say they are both dead today. I was diagnosed stage IIIC, yet I'm alive thanks to modern medicine. And that was over 13 years ago.

These other people who did not make it, are 2 women. One was stage 1, she felt fine when she was diagnosed. Truly believed she could cure her cancer with diet and vitamins, etc. For many years she thought she killing it off until the blockage kicked in, very painful. She was now diagnosed stage IV. They did emergency surgery with a permanent colostomy, started her on chemo. Butt by this point, she was skin and bones and did not live much longer. Stage 1 with medical intervention has a 90-95% cure rate.

The other women was a stage II, had surgery, butt chose no chemo, she too died in time. Again her survival rate should have been better than mine.

It's your life, butt you might want to consider getting a colonoscopy just to confirm.

all the best,

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”