the big day

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
monkeyblam

the big day

Postby monkeyblam » Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:57 pm

Hey there. I haven't posted much here but I've been reading the forum for a few months. It's been extremely helpful at times, heartbreaking at times and unbelievably inspiring at times. You all seem like such wonderful people and I can't begin to imagine what you're going through. I don't have cancer myself.

My mother, however, does. She's been undergoing FOLFOX with Avastin for four months now and this Wednesday is her first CT Scan since her original diagnosis of Stage IV colorectal cancer in April.

If you're the religious type, please consider adding her to your prayers. She's a truly beautiful person in every way. She's the most kind, decent and lovable person you could ever hope to meet. (I guess I'm a little biased, being her son, but other people say this kind of stuff about her all the time too.) Losing her is going to leave a giant hole in my life and watching her suffer is the worst thing I could ever imagine.

So please keep my family and I in your prayers. I'll certainly be praying for all of you and your families.

Patrusha

Postby Patrusha » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:51 pm

I'm the praying type and I've already said some for your mom and your family, monkeyblam (love the name!). Your mom is blessed to have a child as wonderful as you. Don't lost faith. The reward comes to those who run the whole race...
KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!
6.29.06 Colonoscopy found the mass!
7.06.06 Colon resection a success. Stage II, T3, N0, MX. Doing the Folfox6 thing as part of a study.

michele

the big day

Postby michele » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:42 am

Monkeyblam,

Consider your mom prayed for!!!

I have read many of the people on this site that have stage 4 and been kicking for a long time. I am stage 3c and will definitely fight for all I am worth if it comes back. I just finished my Folfox with Avastin. I will definitely pray for your mom.

michele
Diagnosed Dec 2005 stage 3C
LAR Dec 2005
Mom finished chemo for stage 3B Jan 2006
I had chemo Feb 2006-Aug 2007
Currently NED

Holly

Wow

Postby Holly » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:02 am

Monkeyblam,

Remember that ALL things are truly possible! I will have both you and your mummy in my continued thoughts and prayers!

Holly

maria

Postby maria » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:38 pm

Monkeyblam,
Consider your mom added to my prayers. I have three sons myself (22,19,14) I know how difficult this can be on loved ones! I also had a follow up PET/CT Monday and are awaiting results - Stay strong in spirit and prayer!
Maria
StageIV Colon Cancer Survivor
Surgery 4/06, peritoneum, 4/11 lymph nodes age 42
11 Treatments 5/06-11/06
Avastin, Oxaliplatin, 5FU

monkeyblam

Postby monkeyblam » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:31 pm

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers and your kind words!!

My mom had her scan last Wednesday and it showed a 60% reduction in her largest tumor! :D

missj

BIG DAY

Postby missj » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:06 pm

HI MONKEYBLAM,
SAID A PRAYER FOR YOUR MOM HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL. WE WILL ALL BEAT THIS NASTY CRAP. I READ ON THE LIVER FOUNDATION THAT 1/3 OF PEOPLE WHO UNDERGO LIVER RESECTION FOR COLON METASTASIS ARE CURED SO THAT IS GREAT NEWS. IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN READING THE ARTICLE I BELIEVE IT IS THE LIVER FOUNDATION.ORG GO TO ARTICLES IT WAS FROM JANUARY 2006. MORE NEW DRUGS ARE COMING OUT AND AVASTIN SEEMS TO BE DOING WELL IN HELPING WITH TUMOR SHRINKAGE SO MORE PEOPLE ARE CANDIDATES FOR SURGERY. THERE SEEMS TO BE ALOT OF GOOD NEWS LATELY COMING OUT OF CANCER RESEARCH, A CURE WILL BE FOUND SOON.

Eileen

Prayers

Postby Eileen » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:26 am

Your mom is on my prayer list!
Love and Prayers,
Eileen
Stage IIIB

missjv

Postby missjv » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:05 pm

HI,
WELL I WOULD SAY A 60% REDUCTION IN 4 MONTHS HAS TO BE GOOD NEWS. DOES SHE HAVE LIVER OR LUNG METS? YOU KNOW THERE ARE SURGERIES THAT CAN BE DONE TO REMOVE METASTASIS. IT IS NOT ALWAYS CURABLE BUT THEY CAN MAKE THE UGLY TUMORS GO AWAY FOR A WHILE. IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY PLEASE CHECK INTO THE LARGE CANCER CENTERS SUCH AS MEMORIAL SLOAN KETTERING AND MD ANDERSON OR VANDERBILT IN NASHVILLE THEY HAVE GREAT WRITE UPS ABOUT METASTATIC COLON CANCER TO LIVER AND LUNG RESECTIONS. IT USED TO BE THAT THEY WOULD NOT RESECT IF METASTASIS WAS IN MORE THEN 1 PLACE BUT NOW I SEE THAT THEY DO SURGERY NOW ON LUNGS AND LIVER I GUESS THAT IS THANKS TO NEW MEDS SUCH AS AVASTIN TO HELP STARVE TUMORS SO THEY CAN'T GROW AND CHEMO TO SHRINK THEM SO THEY CAN BE RESECTED. MY ONCO TOLD ME THAT A GOOD TUMOR SHRINKAGE CAN ALSO INDICATE THE MICRO STUFF THAT CAN'T BE SEEN IS ALSO BEING EFFECTED. GOOD LUCK TO YOUR MOM AND DO SOME RESEARCH IF YOU HAVN'T ALREADY. I DID AND I AM GOING TO MEET SURGEON SOON FOR LIVER RESECTION.

MISSJV

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:36 pm

i will add your mom to my prayer list tonight. she will beat the beast :!:
take care, cherri

tandys24

in my prayers

Postby tandys24 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:44 pm

Hi I am stage 3c colon rectal cancer, your mom will be in my prayers. I do believe in the power of prayer. She will beat this!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”