HELP - Stage 3C Mucinous Adenocarcinoma - Colon

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Andyroid
Facebook Username: Aniruddha Totewar

HELP - Stage 3C Mucinous Adenocarcinoma - Colon

Postby Andyroid » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:10 pm

Hello everyone. I was diagnosed with stage 3C mucinous adenocarcinoma in colon. Had surgery to remove the tumor with free margins. Metastasis not found. Please can someone help me with what my next steps should be in terms of alternative treatments or whatever measures I can take from my side to help with the treatment. I am currently on adjuvant chemo.

ocstacy
Facebook Username: stacy

Re: HELP - Stage 3C Mucinous Adenocarcinoma - Colon

Postby ocstacy » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:03 am

Please can someone help me with what my next steps should be in terms of alternative treatments or whatever measures I can take from my side to help with the treatment. I am currently on adjuvant chemo.

My mom did opposite, she did the NEOADJUVANT and has Stage 3A.
I asked my mom's oncologist if she could take Turmeric or b17, (google both) She said yes to Turmeric curcumin, which I take. Both are known to fight cancer cells or stop https://authoritynutrition.com/top-10-e ... -turmeric/

"There are many different forms of cancer, but they do have several commonalities, some of which appear to be affected by curcumin supplementation (33).

Researchers have been studying curcumin as a beneficial herb in cancer treatment. It can affect cancer growth, development and spread at the molecular level (34).

Studies have shown that it can reduce angiogenesis (growth of new blood vessels in tumors), metastasis (spread of cancer), as well as contributing to the death of cancerous cells (35).

Multiple studies have shown that curcumin can reduce the growth of cancerous cells in the laboratory and inhibit the growth of tumours in test animals (36, 37).

Whether high-dose curcumin (preferably with an absorption enhancer like pepper) can help treat cancer in humans has yet to be tested properly.

However, there is some evidence that it may help prevent cancer from occurring in the first place, especially cancers of the digestive system (like colorectal cancer).

In one study in 44 men with lesions in the colon that sometimes turn cancerous, 4 grams of curcumin per day for 30 days reduced the number of lesions by 40% (38).

Maybe curcumin will be used along with conventional cancer treatment one day. It’s too early to say for sure, but it looks promising and this is being intensively studied as we speak.

Bottom Line: Curcumin leads to several changes on the molecular level that may help prevent and perhaps even treat cancer.
Caregiver/daughter to dear mother age 78, dx 5/09/17 because of me!! :wink:
Rectal CA Stage 3 low-grade adenocarcinoma- 6 cm
Neoadjuvant start 7/10/17 ended 08/16/17
3D Lap. surgery @ Keck USC, Dr. Sang Lee 10/17/17 temp ileostomy
11/1 hospitalized abscess/hernia - home 11/06/17 antibiotics
NO LYMPHS INVOLVED! NEAR PATHOLOGICAL RESPONSE! YAY! :shock:
Took her last chemo med 05/10/18! Ileo reversal 07/24/18
1st BM after reversal 07/25/18 Anal Fissure 8/15/18
Me:1st Colonoscopy age 38. 08/17 Benign polp.

Jacques

Postby Jacques » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:49 am

Andyroid wrote:... Please can someone help me with what my next steps should be in terms of alternative treatments or whatever measures I can take from my side to help with the treatment. I am currently on adjuvant chemo.

Some people here have followed recommendations from Life Extension Foundation.

You might want to check their website to see if there is anything of interest there:

http://www.lifeextension.com/Protocols/Cancer/Colorectal/Page-01

fumaros

Postby fumaros » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:17 am

Some people here have followed recommendations from Life Extension Foundation.

You might want to check their website to see if there is anything of interest there:

http://www.lifeextension.com/Protocols/ ... al/Page-01

I was just about to link to the lifeextensions page that Jacques did. I found it to be the most comprehensive collection of supplementary treatments one can try. I found page 2 which covered the a life style and dietary considerations to be really helpful. You should run each treatment you decide to go with by your oncologist, as there is the potential for them to lower the effectiveness of your chemo. My oncologist only approved tumeric, and so I had to wait to try other things till after chemo.
Diagnosed 4/8/16, age 29
Colectomy 4/20/16
Stage III, T4bN1 Tumor 7x6.5x2. Muscinous Adenocarcinoma with SRC features
2/16 lymph nodes
Stage IV, Peri mets 5/2019
CEA 4/14/16 - 16.8
CEA 6/2/16 - 1.9
CEA 6/17/16 - 0.87, 7/16 - 1.33, 12/16 - 1.14, 4/17 - 0.6, 7/17 - 0.5, 10/17 - 0.9, 3/19 -5.8, 4/19 -10
FOLFOX began 6/24/16 - 11/25/16, FOLFIRI - 5/10/19
10 round FOLFOX, 2 round 5-FU & Leucovorin, 1 round FOLFIRI
MRI & CT 8/16 - NED, CT 12/16 - 10/17 - NED

Ozland123

Postby Ozland123 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:27 pm

I'm new here, hi. My fiance has been diagnosed with stage IV mucinous adenocarcinoma colon with liver mets. We are scared of course, both of us lost our first spouses and we've been together a short time and want much more time! He's about to begin FOLFOX with Avastin. Anyone else out there with this diagnosis that can give us hope? Thank you

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”