Rectal cancer (Stage 3A) diagnosed late June 2017

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Eleda
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:28 am
Facebook Username: adele Morgan
Location: Ireland

Re: Rectal cancer (Stage 3A) diagnosed late June 2017

Postby Eleda » Fri May 10, 2019 8:57 am

Mike
I've no idea how u've delt with this for sooooo...... ur weigh must have taken a serious nose dive with all that. Fasting.
I had a surgical review this morning and saw the understudy and told him I'm basically housebound like an agrophic when I'm outand about ( waiting for an accident) anxious to get back home...
I've reduced the bicarbonate so I was hoping he wouldn't say stop because my doc did yesterday ( in fir a UTI) so I did...
And low and behold back to the same ,,, 6 trips to the toilet before 10 am :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , so took it again. When I got home@2 ( stomach still empty)
And I'm emptied now fir the day,,,,
I'm hoping my surgeon won't ring and say stop but as long as it not causing and problem " medically" he sees no probablem,,,,

It's worth a try if ur stuck,
It's giving me back normality, and I can eat what I want when I want whare I want now

Hope u feel better soon
Good luck with ur Colo

https://www.omicsonline.org/open-access ... ?aid=40608

ADELE X
SWF, 47
Mom to 3 sons 6/8/12
Dec4th 2017 colonoscopy for minor intermittent rectal bleeding during Summer
CEA 4.4
DX T3 L3C M0 2.5/3 cm above AV.
JAN 3RD started 1650mg Zelda 2xday, with 28 radiation
Did tagamet 800mg daily and 75mg IV VIT C WEEKLY UNTIL SURGERY and
Tumor reduce by 80% 1 LN still remaining
TATME May10th, temp illeostomy
10/07/2018 CEA 3
MMR INTACT
Began FOLFOX July 10th
24/08/2018 Allergic reaction so next infusion lucovorin and 5fu
CEA 4
Second attempt with oxi aug 12th

NHMike
Posts: 1969
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:43 am

Re: Rectal cancer (Stage 3A) diagnosed late June 2017

Postby NHMike » Fri May 10, 2019 9:07 am

Eleda wrote:Mike
I've no idea how u've delt with this for sooooo...... ur weigh must have taken a serious nose dive with all that. Fasting.
I had a surgical review this morning and saw the understudy and told him I'm basically housebound like an agrophic when I'm outand about ( waiting for an accident) anxious to get back home...
I've reduced the bicarbonate so I was hoping he wouldn't say stop because my doc did yesterday ( in fir a UTI) so I did...
And low and behold back to the same ,,, 6 trips to the toilet before 10 am :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , so took it again. When I got home@2 ( stomach still empty)
And I'm emptied now fir the day,,,,
I'm hoping my surgeon won't ring and say stop but as long as it not causing and problem " medically" he sees no probablem,,,,

It's worth a try if ur stuck,
It's giving me back normality, and I can eat what I want when I want whare I want now

Hope u feel better soon
Good luck with ur Colo


ADELE X


I've lost only 20 pounds. I eat calorically dense food when not fasting.

I started the fast on Tuesday after dinner. Someone asked to play tennis for yesterday evening and I didn't have any food but someone left a bunch of small, chocolate chip cookies. So I had those for lunch yesterday. Yesterday morning I had run 2.5 miles and did about 45 minutes of weights. I played tennis for about an hour. I had a late dinner of two plates of beans and rice and a salad. This morning I felt great.

I have doctors appointments on Tuesday so I will stop eating tomorrow (Saturday night). Another alternative would be to do a flush with Miralax before an appointment. I do plan to experiment with that in the future.

This morning I did have one trip to the bathroom. If I get a long sleep, things can run through pretty quickly. I'm not empty but I've had a couple of hours of peace this morning.

The colonoscopy should be relatively smooth. I just hope that I don't have to go in the week before for a pre-surgical visit.
6/17: ER rectal bleeding; Colonoscopy
7/17: 3B rectal. T3N1bM0. 5.2 4.5 4.3 cm. Lymphs: 6 x 4 mm, 8 x 6, 5 x 5
7/17-9/17: Xeloda radiation
7/5: CEA 2.7; 8/16: 1.9; 11/30: 0.6; 12/20 1.4; 1/10 1.8; 1/31 2.2; 2/28 2.6; 4/10 2.8; 5/1 2.8; 5/29 3.2; 7/13 4.5; 8/9 2.8, 2/12 1.2
MSS, KRAS G12D
10/17: 2.7 2.2 1.6 cm (-90%). Lymphs: 3 x 3 mm (-62.5%), 4 x 3 (-75%), 5 x 3 (-40%). 5.1 CM from AV
10/17: LAR, Temp Ileostomy, Path Complete Response
CapeOx (8) 12/17-6/18
7/18: Reversal, Port Removal
2/19: Clean CT

NHMike
Posts: 1969
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:43 am

Re: Rectal cancer (Stage 3A) diagnosed late June 2017

Postby NHMike » Tue May 14, 2019 4:11 pm

Bloodwork was fine. The only thing not normal was glucose which was a touch above normal. The oncologist's NP suggested fiber as did the surgeon, so it's fiber.

We discussed the obstruction a lot. She can go in to clean it up if it becomes a worsening problem. It is getting to be less of a problem - it might be that things are softening up.

Surgeon in six months.
6/17: ER rectal bleeding; Colonoscopy
7/17: 3B rectal. T3N1bM0. 5.2 4.5 4.3 cm. Lymphs: 6 x 4 mm, 8 x 6, 5 x 5
7/17-9/17: Xeloda radiation
7/5: CEA 2.7; 8/16: 1.9; 11/30: 0.6; 12/20 1.4; 1/10 1.8; 1/31 2.2; 2/28 2.6; 4/10 2.8; 5/1 2.8; 5/29 3.2; 7/13 4.5; 8/9 2.8, 2/12 1.2
MSS, KRAS G12D
10/17: 2.7 2.2 1.6 cm (-90%). Lymphs: 3 x 3 mm (-62.5%), 4 x 3 (-75%), 5 x 3 (-40%). 5.1 CM from AV
10/17: LAR, Temp Ileostomy, Path Complete Response
CapeOx (8) 12/17-6/18
7/18: Reversal, Port Removal
2/19: Clean CT

NHMike
Posts: 1969
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:43 am

Re: Rectal cancer (Stage 3A) diagnosed late June 2017

Postby NHMike » Tue May 14, 2019 4:27 pm

I just mixed a cup on Nopalina - it's nothing like I expected. It's like putting cereal or oatmeal on water and it tastes slightly sweet. I just recall that some swear by it.
6/17: ER rectal bleeding; Colonoscopy
7/17: 3B rectal. T3N1bM0. 5.2 4.5 4.3 cm. Lymphs: 6 x 4 mm, 8 x 6, 5 x 5
7/17-9/17: Xeloda radiation
7/5: CEA 2.7; 8/16: 1.9; 11/30: 0.6; 12/20 1.4; 1/10 1.8; 1/31 2.2; 2/28 2.6; 4/10 2.8; 5/1 2.8; 5/29 3.2; 7/13 4.5; 8/9 2.8, 2/12 1.2
MSS, KRAS G12D
10/17: 2.7 2.2 1.6 cm (-90%). Lymphs: 3 x 3 mm (-62.5%), 4 x 3 (-75%), 5 x 3 (-40%). 5.1 CM from AV
10/17: LAR, Temp Ileostomy, Path Complete Response
CapeOx (8) 12/17-6/18
7/18: Reversal, Port Removal
2/19: Clean CT

NHMike
Posts: 1969
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:43 am

Re: Rectal cancer (Stage 3A) diagnosed late June 2017

Postby NHMike » Wed May 15, 2019 9:17 am

The result this morning wasn't expected - total cleanout but it took two hours. It was rather soupy so not a very good result.

There are multiple schools of thought in the LARS forum - diet, fiber, enemas, fiber + Imodium, fasting (found someone else that fasts a few days a week and otherwise eats one meal a day). It would be helpful to do a paper or a book on the different approaches and the details of the different approaches because it's hard to understand what someone is doing in a sentence or two without interviewing the person. Facebook's interface isn't really geared for detailed conversations.

I didn't get a lot of sleep because of my appointments yesterday and didn't get enough last night and was tired because of not eating for two days and am tired now because I have nothing in me. And then I learned of another appointment today and I have a PCP appointment tomorrow. So life is coming at me very fast and hard. I need a vacation.
6/17: ER rectal bleeding; Colonoscopy
7/17: 3B rectal. T3N1bM0. 5.2 4.5 4.3 cm. Lymphs: 6 x 4 mm, 8 x 6, 5 x 5
7/17-9/17: Xeloda radiation
7/5: CEA 2.7; 8/16: 1.9; 11/30: 0.6; 12/20 1.4; 1/10 1.8; 1/31 2.2; 2/28 2.6; 4/10 2.8; 5/1 2.8; 5/29 3.2; 7/13 4.5; 8/9 2.8, 2/12 1.2
MSS, KRAS G12D
10/17: 2.7 2.2 1.6 cm (-90%). Lymphs: 3 x 3 mm (-62.5%), 4 x 3 (-75%), 5 x 3 (-40%). 5.1 CM from AV
10/17: LAR, Temp Ileostomy, Path Complete Response
CapeOx (8) 12/17-6/18
7/18: Reversal, Port Removal
2/19: Clean CT

Eleda
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:28 am
Facebook Username: adele Morgan
Location: Ireland

Re: Rectal cancer (Stage 3A) diagnosed late June 2017

Postby Eleda » Wed May 15, 2019 2:46 pm

[quote="NHMike"]The result this morning wasn't expected - total cleanout but it took two hours. It was rather soupy so not a very good result.

There are multiple schools of thought in the LARS forum - diet, fiber, enemas, fiber + Imodium, fasting (found someone else that fasts a few days a week and otherwise eats one meal a day). It would be helpful to do a paper or a book on the different approaches and the details of the different approaches because it's hard to understand what someone is doing in a sentence or two without interviewing the person. Facebook's interface isn't really geared for detailed conversations.

I didn't get a lot of sleep because of my appointments yesterday and didn't get enough last night and was tired because of not eating for two days and am tired now because I have nothing in me. And then I learned of another appointment today and I have a PCP appointment tomorrow. So life is coming at me very fast and hard. I need a vacation.[/quote

Eat the cake
Buy the shoes
Take the holiday

In theory it's great but u can't get a break from yourself :cry:
I hope u fine a balance soon Mike
Ur having a rough time of it
ADELE X
SWF, 47
Mom to 3 sons 6/8/12
Dec4th 2017 colonoscopy for minor intermittent rectal bleeding during Summer
CEA 4.4
DX T3 L3C M0 2.5/3 cm above AV.
JAN 3RD started 1650mg Zelda 2xday, with 28 radiation
Did tagamet 800mg daily and 75mg IV VIT C WEEKLY UNTIL SURGERY and
Tumor reduce by 80% 1 LN still remaining
TATME May10th, temp illeostomy
10/07/2018 CEA 3
MMR INTACT
Began FOLFOX July 10th
24/08/2018 Allergic reaction so next infusion lucovorin and 5fu
CEA 4
Second attempt with oxi aug 12th

User avatar
susie0915
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:17 am
Facebook Username: Susan DeGrazia Hostetter
Location: Michigan

Re: Rectal cancer (Stage 3A) diagnosed late June 2017

Postby susie0915 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:14 pm

Eleda wrote:
NHMike wrote:The result this morning wasn't expected - total cleanout but it took two hours. It was rather soupy so not a very good result.

There are multiple schools of thought in the LARS forum - diet, fiber, enemas, fiber + Imodium, fasting (found someone else that fasts a few days a week and otherwise eats one meal a day). It would be helpful to do a paper or a book on the different approaches and the details of the different approaches because it's hard to understand what someone is doing in a sentence or two without interviewing the person. Facebook's interface isn't really geared for detailed conversations.

I didn't get a lot of sleep because of my appointments yesterday and didn't get enough last night and was tired because of not eating for two days and am tired now because I have nothing in me. And then I learned of another appointment today and I have a PCP appointment tomorrow. So life is coming at me very fast and hard. I need a vacation.[/quote

Eat the cake
Buy the shoes
Take the holiday

In theory it's great but u can't get a break from yourself :cry:
I hope u fine a balance soon Mike
Ur having a rough time of it
ADELE X


There is a pamphlet that was created by the administrators on the Living with LARS facebook page. Livingwithlars.com. It is a compilation of all information provided by the members in the group. It is very informative and helpful.
58 yrs old Dx @ 55
5/15 DX T3N0MO
6/15 5 wks chemo/rad
7/15 sigmoidoscopy/only scar tissue left
8/15 Pet scan NED
9/15 LAR
0/24 nodes
10/15 Bowel blockage. surgery,early ileo rev, c-diff inf :(
12/15 6 rds of xelox
5/16 Clear CT lung scarring/inflammation
9/16 clear colonoscopy
4/17 CT 4mm lung nod
7/17 no change lung nod
10/17 Clear pel/abd CT
11/17 CEA<.5
1/18 CT/Lung no change in 4mm nodule
5/18 CEA<.5, clear CT pel/abd/lung nod no change
11/18 CEA .6
5/19 CT NED, CEA <.5

NHMike
Posts: 1969
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:43 am

Re: Rectal cancer (Stage 3A) diagnosed late June 2017

Postby NHMike » Wed May 15, 2019 5:16 pm

Thanks. I have it on one of my computers.
6/17: ER rectal bleeding; Colonoscopy
7/17: 3B rectal. T3N1bM0. 5.2 4.5 4.3 cm. Lymphs: 6 x 4 mm, 8 x 6, 5 x 5
7/17-9/17: Xeloda radiation
7/5: CEA 2.7; 8/16: 1.9; 11/30: 0.6; 12/20 1.4; 1/10 1.8; 1/31 2.2; 2/28 2.6; 4/10 2.8; 5/1 2.8; 5/29 3.2; 7/13 4.5; 8/9 2.8, 2/12 1.2
MSS, KRAS G12D
10/17: 2.7 2.2 1.6 cm (-90%). Lymphs: 3 x 3 mm (-62.5%), 4 x 3 (-75%), 5 x 3 (-40%). 5.1 CM from AV
10/17: LAR, Temp Ileostomy, Path Complete Response
CapeOx (8) 12/17-6/18
7/18: Reversal, Port Removal
2/19: Clean CT

User avatar
susie0915
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:17 am
Facebook Username: Susan DeGrazia Hostetter
Location: Michigan

Re: Rectal cancer (Stage 3A) diagnosed late June 2017

Postby susie0915 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:20 pm

susie0915 wrote:
Eleda wrote:
NHMike wrote:The result this morning wasn't expected - total cleanout but it took two hours. It was rather soupy so not a very good result.

There are multiple schools of thought in the LARS forum - diet, fiber, enemas, fiber + Imodium, fasting (found someone else that fasts a few days a week and otherwise eats one meal a day). It would be helpful to do a paper or a book on the different approaches and the details of the different approaches because it's hard to understand what someone is doing in a sentence or two without interviewing the person. Facebook's interface isn't really geared for detailed conversations.

I didn't get a lot of sleep because of my appointments yesterday and didn't get enough last night and was tired because of not eating for two days and am tired now because I have nothing in me. And then I learned of another appointment today and I have a PCP appointment tomorrow. So life is coming at me very fast and hard. I need a vacation.[/quote

Eat the cake
Buy the shoes
Take the holiday

In theory it's great but u can't get a break from yourself :cry:
I hope u fine a balance soon Mike
Ur having a rough time of it
ADELE X


There is a pamphlet that was created by the administrators on the Living with LARS facebook page. It is a compilation of all information provided by the members in the group. It is very informative and helpful. I'm not sure if you have to join the group to access it or not.
58 yrs old Dx @ 55
5/15 DX T3N0MO
6/15 5 wks chemo/rad
7/15 sigmoidoscopy/only scar tissue left
8/15 Pet scan NED
9/15 LAR
0/24 nodes
10/15 Bowel blockage. surgery,early ileo rev, c-diff inf :(
12/15 6 rds of xelox
5/16 Clear CT lung scarring/inflammation
9/16 clear colonoscopy
4/17 CT 4mm lung nod
7/17 no change lung nod
10/17 Clear pel/abd CT
11/17 CEA<.5
1/18 CT/Lung no change in 4mm nodule
5/18 CEA<.5, clear CT pel/abd/lung nod no change
11/18 CEA .6
5/19 CT NED, CEA <.5

NHMike
Posts: 1969
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:43 am

Re: Rectal cancer (Stage 3A) diagnosed late June 2017

Postby NHMike » Mon May 20, 2019 8:47 am

I had an obstruction on Friday night and threw up several times with a lot of output. Throwing up does provide pressure relief but then it builds back up. It does look like the stomach emptied out and that's good because it's not pleasant when there is too much in the small intestine. I was ready to go to the hospital when the pressure in the obstruction area was the worst and then a little gas passed out and I knew that I would be okay. I think that the pressure was from the body trying pretty hard to force the obstruction object through. So everything emptied out and I was rather exhausted afterwards. I was actually very tired for the whole weekend feeling weak, hungry and crampy. I took four magnesium tablets yesterday and two Nuun and another two Magnesium tablets this morning.

I had a tennis hit schedule for yesterday and I did go for it and I worked out as hard as I could but wasn't 100%. After the hit, though, I felt great. So I should workout even though I don't feel like it. Last night I slept very well.

That said, I realize that I have my problems but read mbspr's posts about her husband and his HAI difficulties and my problems are small in comparison.
6/17: ER rectal bleeding; Colonoscopy
7/17: 3B rectal. T3N1bM0. 5.2 4.5 4.3 cm. Lymphs: 6 x 4 mm, 8 x 6, 5 x 5
7/17-9/17: Xeloda radiation
7/5: CEA 2.7; 8/16: 1.9; 11/30: 0.6; 12/20 1.4; 1/10 1.8; 1/31 2.2; 2/28 2.6; 4/10 2.8; 5/1 2.8; 5/29 3.2; 7/13 4.5; 8/9 2.8, 2/12 1.2
MSS, KRAS G12D
10/17: 2.7 2.2 1.6 cm (-90%). Lymphs: 3 x 3 mm (-62.5%), 4 x 3 (-75%), 5 x 3 (-40%). 5.1 CM from AV
10/17: LAR, Temp Ileostomy, Path Complete Response
CapeOx (8) 12/17-6/18
7/18: Reversal, Port Removal
2/19: Clean CT

User avatar
susie0915
Posts: 923
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:17 am
Facebook Username: Susan DeGrazia Hostetter
Location: Michigan

Re: Rectal cancer (Stage 3A) diagnosed late June 2017

Postby susie0915 » Mon May 20, 2019 1:11 pm

NHMike wrote:I had an obstruction on Friday night and threw up several times with a lot of output. Throwing up does provide pressure relief but then it builds back up. It does look like the stomach emptied out and that's good because it's not pleasant when there is too much in the small intestine. I was ready to go to the hospital when the pressure in the obstruction area was the worst and then a little gas passed out and I knew that I would be okay. I think that the pressure was from the body trying pretty hard to force the obstruction object through. So everything emptied out and I was rather exhausted afterwards. I was actually very tired for the whole weekend feeling weak, hungry and crampy. I took four magnesium tablets yesterday and two Nuun and another two Magnesium tablets this morning.

I had a tennis hit schedule for yesterday and I did go for it and I worked out as hard as I could but wasn't 100%. After the hit, though, I felt great. So I should workout even though I don't feel like it. Last night I slept very well.

That said, I realize that I have my problems but read mbspr's posts about her husband and his HAI difficulties and my problems are small in comparison.


So true Mike. When I have my off days, and I do on occasion, I try to remember those that are having a much more difficult time than I. It can be difficult at times, but I do my best. I hope your doctor can get these obstructions resolved. I know the one obstruction I had was only 4 weeks after my resection and would not resolve. The ct scan did show scar tissue, but I had an ng tube for over a week to get it to resolve on it's own. Ended up having surgery to remove scar tissue and reverse ileo. Luckily I have not had another in 3 1/2 years but it is a big fear of mine. What does your surgeon suggest? Maybe daily miralax to soften things up i dont know. It can solve one problem, but cause another, I know. It is so difficult finding balance in dealing with these issues.
58 yrs old Dx @ 55
5/15 DX T3N0MO
6/15 5 wks chemo/rad
7/15 sigmoidoscopy/only scar tissue left
8/15 Pet scan NED
9/15 LAR
0/24 nodes
10/15 Bowel blockage. surgery,early ileo rev, c-diff inf :(
12/15 6 rds of xelox
5/16 Clear CT lung scarring/inflammation
9/16 clear colonoscopy
4/17 CT 4mm lung nod
7/17 no change lung nod
10/17 Clear pel/abd CT
11/17 CEA<.5
1/18 CT/Lung no change in 4mm nodule
5/18 CEA<.5, clear CT pel/abd/lung nod no change
11/18 CEA .6
5/19 CT NED, CEA <.5

NHMike
Posts: 1969
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:43 am

Re: Rectal cancer (Stage 3A) diagnosed late June 2017

Postby NHMike » Mon May 20, 2019 1:21 pm

susie0915 wrote:
NHMike wrote:I had an obstruction on Friday night and threw up several times with a lot of output. Throwing up does provide pressure relief but then it builds back up. It does look like the stomach emptied out and that's good because it's not pleasant when there is too much in the small intestine. I was ready to go to the hospital when the pressure in the obstruction area was the worst and then a little gas passed out and I knew that I would be okay. I think that the pressure was from the body trying pretty hard to force the obstruction object through. So everything emptied out and I was rather exhausted afterwards. I was actually very tired for the whole weekend feeling weak, hungry and crampy. I took four magnesium tablets yesterday and two Nuun and another two Magnesium tablets this morning.

I had a tennis hit schedule for yesterday and I did go for it and I worked out as hard as I could but wasn't 100%. After the hit, though, I felt great. So I should workout even though I don't feel like it. Last night I slept very well.

That said, I realize that I have my problems but read mbspr's posts about her husband and his HAI difficulties and my problems are small in comparison.


So true Mike. When I have my off days, and I do on occasion, I try to remember those that are having a much more difficult time than I. It can be difficult at times, but I do my best. I hope your doctor can get these obstructions resolved. I know the one obstruction I had was only 4 weeks after my resection and would not resolve. The ct scan did show scar tissue, but I had an ng tube for over a week to get it to resolve on it's own. Ended up having surgery to remove scar tissue and reverse ileo. Luckily I have not had another in 3 1/2 years but it is a big fear of mine. What does your surgeon suggest? Maybe daily miralax to soften things up i dont know. It can solve one problem, but cause another, I know. It is so difficult finding balance in dealing with these issues.


I'm pretty sure that it was some kind of vegetable. The likely culprits are eggplant rind and romaine lettuce. So those two get banned from my diet. Unless they're put in a blender.
6/17: ER rectal bleeding; Colonoscopy
7/17: 3B rectal. T3N1bM0. 5.2 4.5 4.3 cm. Lymphs: 6 x 4 mm, 8 x 6, 5 x 5
7/17-9/17: Xeloda radiation
7/5: CEA 2.7; 8/16: 1.9; 11/30: 0.6; 12/20 1.4; 1/10 1.8; 1/31 2.2; 2/28 2.6; 4/10 2.8; 5/1 2.8; 5/29 3.2; 7/13 4.5; 8/9 2.8, 2/12 1.2
MSS, KRAS G12D
10/17: 2.7 2.2 1.6 cm (-90%). Lymphs: 3 x 3 mm (-62.5%), 4 x 3 (-75%), 5 x 3 (-40%). 5.1 CM from AV
10/17: LAR, Temp Ileostomy, Path Complete Response
CapeOx (8) 12/17-6/18
7/18: Reversal, Port Removal
2/19: Clean CT

Caat55
Posts: 659
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:01 pm

Re: Rectal cancer (Stage 3A) diagnosed late June 2017

Postby Caat55 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:23 pm

I have add a difficulty time with veggies too. I peeled my eggplant and it was okay. Butter lettuce also is easy to digest. I find I have a night of emptying and two days of just little stuff. The gas is probably the most uncomfortable thing. I honestly think the colonoscopy and aragon gas treatment were the best thing to have before reversal.
I am happy you have been able to enjoy tennis again. I can't imagine your frustration with the bowel issues.
Susan
55 y.o. Female
Dx 9/26/17 RC Stage 3
Completed 33 rad. tx, xeolda 12/8/17
MRI and PET 1/18 sign. regression
Surgery 1/31/18 Ileostomy, clean margins, no lymph node involved
Port 3/1/2018
Oxaliplatin and Xeloda start 3/22/18
Last Oxaliplatin 7/5/18, 5 rounds
CT NED 9/2018
PET NED 12/18
Clear Colonoscopy 2/19

Eleda
Posts: 293
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:28 am
Facebook Username: adele Morgan
Location: Ireland

Re: Rectal cancer (Stage 3A) diagnosed late June 2017

Postby Eleda » Tue May 21, 2019 5:17 am

My God I've a stomach if steel lol
Good for me not fir my weight lol
Funny u mentioned the egg plant because I made a beef chilli last night with eggplant ( should have removed the skin " very bitter" )

I can't put any one food down to causing a problem because I eat so many things at one time and because they then digest at different times I gave up the food diary....... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Oh one thing did!!!! RED WINE...... Follow night I was demented from clustering and wind,,,, so only white for me :D :D :D

Nuts can b painful passing when you already have a sore bum
I tried a keto diet to loose some weight and I found in the morning the food from the previous day was too difficult for the bicarbonate to cut through and act so I scrapped that and back on high fiber which I love
Salads and nuts etc .....
I've a long day Thursday, work etc starting on the road at 6am,, Don't think I could stomach bicarbonate at that hour so I think I'll do like you Mike and fast the day before for one day to get me through

Jesus Christ when is it going to settle????

ADELE X
SWF, 47
Mom to 3 sons 6/8/12
Dec4th 2017 colonoscopy for minor intermittent rectal bleeding during Summer
CEA 4.4
DX T3 L3C M0 2.5/3 cm above AV.
JAN 3RD started 1650mg Zelda 2xday, with 28 radiation
Did tagamet 800mg daily and 75mg IV VIT C WEEKLY UNTIL SURGERY and
Tumor reduce by 80% 1 LN still remaining
TATME May10th, temp illeostomy
10/07/2018 CEA 3
MMR INTACT
Began FOLFOX July 10th
24/08/2018 Allergic reaction so next infusion lucovorin and 5fu
CEA 4
Second attempt with oxi aug 12th

NHMike
Posts: 1969
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:43 am

Re: Rectal cancer (Stage 3A) diagnosed late June 2017

Postby NHMike » Tue May 21, 2019 5:19 am

Caat55 wrote:I have add a difficulty time with veggies too. I peeled my eggplant and it was okay. Butter lettuce also is easy to digest. I find I have a night of emptying and two days of just little stuff. The gas is probably the most uncomfortable thing. I honestly think the colonoscopy and aragon gas treatment were the best thing to have before reversal.
I am happy you have been able to enjoy tennis again. I can't imagine your frustration with the bowel issues.
Susan


My wife noticed that I seem to be fine with butter lettuce but not romaine. It may be that she chops the butter lettuce as opposed to the romaine which are in sheets. I have had chopped salads with no problem too. Those are probably the safest.
6/17: ER rectal bleeding; Colonoscopy
7/17: 3B rectal. T3N1bM0. 5.2 4.5 4.3 cm. Lymphs: 6 x 4 mm, 8 x 6, 5 x 5
7/17-9/17: Xeloda radiation
7/5: CEA 2.7; 8/16: 1.9; 11/30: 0.6; 12/20 1.4; 1/10 1.8; 1/31 2.2; 2/28 2.6; 4/10 2.8; 5/1 2.8; 5/29 3.2; 7/13 4.5; 8/9 2.8, 2/12 1.2
MSS, KRAS G12D
10/17: 2.7 2.2 1.6 cm (-90%). Lymphs: 3 x 3 mm (-62.5%), 4 x 3 (-75%), 5 x 3 (-40%). 5.1 CM from AV
10/17: LAR, Temp Ileostomy, Path Complete Response
CapeOx (8) 12/17-6/18
7/18: Reversal, Port Removal
2/19: Clean CT


Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Rock_Robster and 34 guests