Need suggestions

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
JDinNC

Need suggestions

Postby JDinNC » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:12 am

A person reached out to me on FB by way of the messager ( I thought I had to invite her but there she was ). Foolish me responsed and now I can't seen to get rid of her. Supposedly she was diagnosed 9 months ago with stage 4 colon cancer that metastatized to the liver. Her doctor told her she has two cancers, colon and liver. Her TM at the time was 22,000, no removal of colon or liver tumors yet, is on chemo pills and was given 30 months to live by her doctor. Now I know each persons treatment can be different some have their tumors remove, others have treatments to reduce them. I started talking to her about 5 days ago where she keeps asking me the same questions over and over.. On our first talk, her TM was 45...last night she said it was now 0 asking if she was now cancer free. I've told her a number of time to come to this message board as it is full of knowledgeable people that can answer her questions better then me. And her reply would be "oh, ok" to everything I tell her. I'm beginning to think that she might be messing with my mind or maybe she's just not all together. I'm at the point of trying to avoid her. Any suggestions....
61 y/o female @ DX...........
T3N0M1
6/13 DX- stage 4
Sigmoid colon cancer.
One met to lung
7/13 colon resection
8/13 lung resection
7/17 four years....NED
8/18 five years....NED
MELANOMA
63 y/o @ DX
6/15 stage 2a
7/15 surgery on arm
7/15 NED
4/16 recurrance
5/16 remove metastasis from back
5/16. Started immunotherapy
8/16 discontinue treatment
7/18...PET scan...NED

LPL

Re: Need suggestions

Postby LPL » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:22 am

Very Odd :|
If it was me I would not continue this conversation.
It sounds as you feel uncomfortable with this, messages coming from a complete stranger - I would too.
Maybe write (and say it is) a last message, again giving the link to join Colon Club to read & ask questions and explaining that you have your own health to take care of and that you are not a doctor so can not give medical advice.
I wonder how she found you?
Kind Regards /L
DH @ 65 DX 4/11/16 CC recto-sigmoid junction
Adenocarcenoma 35x15x9mm G3(biopsi) G1(surgical)
Mets 3 Liver resectable
T4aN1bM1a IVa 2/9 LN
MSS, KRAS-mut G13D
CEA & CA19-9: 5/18 2.5 78 8/17 1.4 48 2/14/17 1.8 29
4 Folfox 6/15-7/30 (b4 liver surgery) 8 after
CT: 8/8 no change 3/27/17 NED->Jan-19 mets to lung NED again Oct-19 :)
:!: Steroid induced hyperglycemia dx after 3chemo
Surgeries 2016: 3/18 Emergency colostomy
5/23 Primary+gallbl+stoma reversal+port 9/1 Liver mets
RFA 2019: Feb & Oct lung mets

KimT

Postby KimT » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:16 pm

Block her. I have zero patience for behaving like an asshat.
2/10 dx colon cancer
right hemicolectomy 3/19/10
Stage 2a 0/43 nodes
Lynch syndrome
3/14/10 colon resection/ removal of metal clips
Nov 11 dx ovarian cancer

MissMolly

Postby MissMolly » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:46 pm

JDInNC:
You have to recognize that internet support forums cast a wide net of people. The scrupulous and the non-scrupulous.

People who are lonely and isolated or have aspects of mental illness can visit and engage in support forums without having any inkling of the particular disease entity that is the focus of the support forum.

On the United Ostomy Forum we have had a few people over the years who have flocked to the forum out of sheer loneliness. They have not had ostomy surgery but have tried to act the part. The online dynamics of the forum usually picks up on inconsistencies of their responses or atypical questions.

As a physical therapist, I came upon a patient with an amputated hand. This gentleman actually severed his own hand with a butcher knife so that he could join in and belong to a local support group for amputees. I was shocked at the time to think that someone could commit an act of serious self-harm due to extreme isolation and loneliness.

JDinNC: There are people with underlying mental instability who visit support forums. If your intuition is telling you that something is askew with this woman, cease and disest your communication with her. Protect yourself.
Karen
Dear friend to Bella Piazza, former Colon Club member (NWGirl).
I have a permanent ileostomy and offer advice on living with an ostomy - in loving remembrance of Bella
I am on Palliative Care for broad endocrine failure + Addison's disease + osteonecrosis of both hips/jaw + immunosuppression. I live a simple life due to frail health.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”