Lungs metastasis in Rectal cancer_12 tumors, RAS wild, MSS, incurable, 27 yo man

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Dimple

Lungs metastasis in Rectal cancer_12 tumors, RAS wild, MSS, incurable, 27 yo man

Postby Dimple » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:00 am

My husband Nitesh is 27 yo, KRAS Wild (normal), BRAF not mutated, MSS Rectal cancer with primary resected with recurrence in bilateral Lung Mets, Tailbone, Abdomen and Prostate mets. Within 15 days of his last 12 cycles of FOLFOX his unresected disease metastasized and largest tumor size out of 12 tumors is 5x4x4 cm. Currently he is getting FOLFIRI with PANITUMUMAB as Target agents. His Doctors have told that this is incurable.
We are searching for Clinical trials with our limited knowledge and his current med oncologist at India is not familiar with specific trials or alternative options available. Kindly suggest suitable clinical trials for him, since he's MSS.
A little background on my husband: He was diagnosed last year with stage III Rectum cancer (4 out of 15 nodes positive) in June of 2016 at the age of 26. He had Radiation therapy followed by APR Surgery and 12 cycles of FOLFOX (Oxaliplatin) which ended in May 2017. Unfortunately, after 15 days in the next scan, he had 12 tumors in bilateral lungs, abdomen, prostate, tailbone and colostomy region. Radiation and surgery are out of options for him.
Please suggest suitable trials for my husband.

LMighty

Re: Lungs metastasis in Rectal cancer_12 tumors, RAS wild, MSS, incurable, 27 yo man

Postby LMighty » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:34 pm

Hi Dimple,

Sorry for the reason you are here. Have you searched in the Late Stage MSS-CRC CURATED Trial Finder?
http://trialfinder.fightcrc.org/
Supporter to my mom (64 yr); KRAS wild type; MSS

2012: DX Stage I, rectal cancer; resection and colostomy
5/16: DX Stage III, mets found; right groin lymph node and soft tissue
5-6/16: Radiation + Xeloda
7/16: DX Stage IV, pleural effusion; cancer cells found in fluid
7-12/16: Xelox + Avastin X 6
1/17: Clean PET scan, NED
2/17: Pleural effusion; recurrence
4/17: Iri + Erb X 3
5/17: Ascites; Chemo failed
6/17: Keytruda X 1
7/17: TECENTRIQ (atezolizumab) + COTELLIC (cobimetinib)
9/17: At peace

ACPdiddy
Facebook Username: Albert Pierce

Re: Lungs metastasis in Rectal cancer_12 tumors, RAS wild, MSS, incurable, 27 yo man

Postby ACPdiddy » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:16 pm

When was the last time he had a scan? I wouldn't think it's even possible for a new (colorectal) tumor to show up at 5 cm. Typically it would take quite a few months to reach that size.

That said, he's probably on the right treatment for now. As I mentioned in another thread, a second opinion is definitely in order.
In addition to clinical trials (there are lots of good ones, though mostly in the States and Europe) you might try getting Cobimetinib and Atezolizumab as a next line of treatment. They're both approved drugs and the combination has showed good results in some MSS CRC patients.

Maia

Postby Maia » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:18 am

LMighty wrote:Hi Dimple,

Sorry for the reason you are here. Have you searched in the Late Stage MSS-CRC CURATED Trial Finder?
http://trialfinder.fightcrc.org/

LMighty, Dimple is a member of the MSS CLINIC group, so she has been pointed to that clinical trial finder by now :)
Hi, Dimple, I'm Maia from that other group.
The option of cobimetinib + atezolizumab that ACPdiddy mentioned (he has been on a trial with it) is that that I already mentioned to you too, as one some people are getting outside trials, if traveling immediately is not an option. It's the one that LMighty' mom, who is in Hong Kong, is exploring right now: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58371

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”