O/T They Say Things Come In Threes...Update #3/Photo Shoot of My Furbaby Chloe

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
bitchslapped

Re: O/T They Say Things Come In Threes...Update #3/Photo Shoot of My Furbaby Chloe

Postby bitchslapped » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:49 pm

The REDHEAD is BACK w/sniffer in full force! Very short walk @ the park (she did fine, no apparent tenderness) + some rock climbing :lol: :mrgreen: Right paw a little bare vs left (last 2 pics) :oops:

I want one of those buggies, peanut. Looked into them a few years ago = $$$ "sticker shock" :shock:

Good to know about bathroom issues & jury duty Lee. Think I'm going to have to bite the bullet on this one & hope no jury trial. Maybe my # won't be pulled. I have to call in the night b4. W/b nice if "puppy pardons" were issued. Can't kennel her on account of autoimmune disease prevents from getting "the shots" anymore + needs to stay away from pups (such as Fonzie :( ) as apparently they shed virus. Truth be told I wouldn't kennel her anyway...too much stress for her. She doesn't know she's a dog. :o :lol:

Over & Out,
BS

P.S. Update on 75 yr old SNL w/St IV pancreatic cancer dx'd mid-late June: Given 2 weeks, Hospice brought in & apparently they told her not to eat. Obviously that is the short version; assuming there is more to that story. I did read on NCCN Guidelines awhile back that recommended first-line tx for Stage IV pancreatic cancer is clinical trial! :shock: Certainly is in line w/what some of you had shared in earlier posts on this thread.
DSS,35YO,unresect mCRC DX 7/'14,lvr,LN,peri,rib
FOLFOX+Avstn 4 Rnds d/c 10/'14
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14
Gone From My Sight 2/20/15
Me:garden variety polyps + precancerous polyp
Carergver x2 DH,DM dbl occupancy,'03-'10
DH dx 47YO mCRC,'04-'07 fried x HAI
DM dx CC 85YO,CC,CHF,stroke,dementia,aphasia

peanut_8

Re: O/T They Say Things Come In Threes...Update #3/Photo Shoot of My Furbaby Chloe

Postby peanut_8 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:30 pm

What a gorgeous girl! And an athletic rock climber as well. To cute for words!

Hopefully your jury duty # won't be called. I've been notified 3 times and so far have not needed to attend.

Sorry about your SNL.

Hugs,
peanut
Terri aka peanut
diagnosed Jan 14, RC stage 2a, age 56
permanent colostomy
MSS
April 14, 28 chemo/rad with Xeloda
June 14 adjuvant Xeloda 6 rounds
currently NED

MissMolly

Postby MissMolly » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:32 pm

BS:
I am tickled to see Miss Cloe doing so well after her foot surgery.

You have taken precious care of Miss Chloe, and it shows.

Miss Chloe is a darling. It is heartwarming to see her back at your neighborhood park, engaging with nature, rock climbing, and looking for squirrels. Way to Go ! Miss Chloe.

I have to admit that my little tea-cup Maltese, Molly, does have a high-end pet stroller. We refer to the stroller as her pumpkin carriage - as the stroller is a perky orange color and similar in story to Cinderella's sparkling carriage that was transformed from a lowly pumpkin at the strike of midnight. The stroller has been well worth the expense, as I take Molly almost everywhere with me. Molly loves riding in the pet stroller.

Best wishes and healing energy to Miss Chloe, wet nose kisses and tail wags,
Karen + Molly ^..^__/
Devoted daughter to my father, diagnosed with stage 2 colon cancer Nov-2014.
Dear friend to Bella Piazza, former CC member.
I have a permanent ileostomy and offer advice on living with an ostomy.
I have been on Palliative Care for broad endocrine failure + Addison's disease + osteonecrosis of both hips/jaw + immunosuppression and recurrent infection x 4 years. I transitioned to Hospice Sept-2016, but it was not yet my time. I am back on Palliative Care and live a simple life due to frail health.

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:30 am

Aw shucks, you guys...now she's all embarrassed :oops:

Karen, A pic of Princess Molly in her carriage w/b something to see! I bet that is so cute :D Did you order online? Chloe pretty much goes everywhere w/me as well, however depending on the store, I sometimes have to leave her in the car = summertime c/b challenging. If I traveled more w/h been easier to justify the $ in my own mind & gotten one...even looked for a used one. May still do so. I probably saved the website. Wet season also problematic as she's so close to the ground, comes back like a wet mop, dirt, grit & all. Belly hair like a mud flap.

BS
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:25 pm

Fonzie enjoys his stroller. It's a mid-range model, purchased from Amazon. We're expecting him to get to about 25 lbs. so thought we needed a tougher model. Used it a lot in the early weeks before he was fully vaccinated, but needed socializing. It also works well for lunch at our favorite dog friendly restaurant. He ends up at about table level, and doesn't complain quite as much. He is a mouthy little fellow, and loves to pick up crud off the ground and eat it, so rollin' is the way to go for him.

Hope to Miss Molly as well for a total cuteness overload.
peanut
Terri aka peanut
permanent colostomy
MSS
currently NED

susie0915
Facebook Username: Susan DeGrazia Hostetter

Postby susie0915 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:15 pm

I just love your babies. I have two havanese. Baxter is 5 yrs old cream and gold, Cameron is chocolate and white and a year old. If I figure out how to upload a pic I will.
58 yr old mother of 3 Dx @ 55
5/15 DX T3N0MO/ 2A
6/15 5 wks of chemo/rad
7/15 sigmoidoscopy/scar tissue left
8/15 Pet scan NED
9/15 LAR
0/24 nodes
10/15 Bowel blockage. 3 1/2 weeks in hospital,early ileo rev since
surgery to repair blockage. c-diff inf :(
12/15 6 rds of xelox
5/16 Clear CT lung scarring/inflammation
9/16 clear colonoscopy
4/17 CT 4mm lung nod onc thinks scar tissue
monitored for autoimmune disorder/interstitial lung disease
7/17 no change lung nodule
10/17 Clear CT

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:50 pm

OMG peanut...it's 'EASY RIDER' Fonzie! 8) :lol: Remember the movie w/Peter Fonda?? How cute is that :?: :!: Smart purchase. You will get so much use out of that over the years, I bet.
For us, well, Chloe is 14 now. We'll see. So tempting!

The stroller I was looking at was from a Canadian company, well made such as yours:
https://dogquality.com/collections/dog-strollers

It sits high up, which I like, sturdy w/good wheels like yours + shock absorbers in the back & a rain cover (& a hefty price to go w/it). Wish I had gotten it a couple of years ago, but I wanted to keep her walking, sniffing, pmailing :). Would've come in handy after her recent surgery :|

Susie, Posting a link to a recent thread on how to post pics using Igmur host, though there are others out there. Look forward to seeing your little furbabies. :)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=58657

Yah,yah, we need to get "Driving Miss Molly" pic on here. Where are you Karen?!

BS
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

susie0915

Postby susie0915 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:30 pm

[img]NzhZKwn - Imgur.jpg/img]

Hi susie I just tweaked the BBcodes for you to the format peanut noted
your code should look like this when you copy from imgur - CRguy

Code: Select all

[img]https://i.imgur.com/NzhZKwn.jpg[/img]

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:32 pm

peanut_8 wrote:Image

Fonzie enjoys his stroller. It's a mid-range model, purchased from Amazon. We're expecting him to get to about 25 lbs. so thought we needed a tougher model. Used it a lot in the early weeks before he was fully vaccinated, but needed socializing. It also works well for lunch at our favorite dog friendly restaurant. He ends up at about table level, and doesn't complain quite as much. He is a mouthy little fellow, and loves to pick up crud off the ground and eat it, so rollin' is the way to go for him.

Hope to Miss Molly as well for a total cuteness overload.
peanut

My Harlee has the same type of stroller. I believe it's the all terrain type stroller. Harlee has been my walking partner since day one (she 12 1/2yrs old), few years back she tore the ligament in one of her knee caps. Per the vet, her days of power walking are over, thus the stroller. Fonzie looks as spoiled as mine.

And yes, MIss Chloe look adorable in her photo shoot.

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 10 years and counting!

MissMolly

Postby MissMolly » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:37 pm

BS:
Fonzie looks mighty comfy in his all-terrain stroller. Happy Trails to Fonzie and family.

Miss Molly would love to join the photo gallery. However, I am not technologically adept at posting photos using PhotoBucket or any variation therein. I would need to send a photo of Molly via e-mail to someone who could then post the photo on this thread. Anyone so willing?

Molly is adorable and her photo would be certain to bring a smile. She is 5 pound ball of short white hair with jet black marble eyes and nose. She looks like a mini baby Einstein, with her hair askew.

Susie, the Dogger is a great stroller. Molly’s previous stroller was The Dogger. It has a high profile, perfect for dogs who enjoy sitting up high and taking in the view. I highly recommend The Dogger.

Molly’s current stroller is called the Mini Doggy-ride. The stroller is made in Holland (European countries have more dog-friendly laws). The Mini Doggy-Ride is a low-profile stroller, perfect for aging dogs who are arthritic - dogs can walk in and out of the stroller through a zippered rear entrance. It even comes with a Temperpedic memory-foam pad.

Molly is my sunshine and kindred companion. It is this little dog who has given me the will to live when physicians were preparing my family for a bleak and dire outcome. My love and respect for Molly knows no bounds.

Warm hugs and belly rubs to all of the special pets on this forum,
Karen + ^..^__/
Devoted daughter to my father, diagnosed with stage 2 colon cancer Nov-2014.
Dear friend to Bella Piazza, former CC member.
I have a permanent ileostomy and offer advice on living with an ostomy.
I have been on Palliative Care for broad endocrine failure + Addison's disease + osteonecrosis of both hips/jaw + immunosuppression and recurrent infection x 4 years. I transitioned to Hospice Sept-2016, but it was not yet my time. I am back on Palliative Care and live a simple life due to frail health.

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:42 pm

Susie, it looks like you're on the right track if you have your photo on Imgur.

Copy the link that says-- BBCode (message boards & forums), and paste it into the reply box. You don't need to add anything. You can preview before you post.

Edit:
Your babies are adorable!!!

BS
I love Easy Rider. Fonzie is Born to be Wild, for sure. Your stroller choice looks really sturdy, an excellent choice. The only other thing that seems important is if it is easy to fold down for storage in your vehicle.

Lee, Sista Nut, any chance we can get a pic of Harlee in her stroller?

Karen, CRGuy has been known to post pics for folks. You may be able to get him to assist, if not you could email BS or myself.

Best Wishes,
peanut
Terri aka peanut
permanent colostomy
MSS
currently NED

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:33 pm

I'm loving seeing ya'll's furbabies! Dog in a stroller is just over the top...love it :lol: :mrgreen:

Susie, Your furbabies compliment one another in color. I guess if you're going to have more than one, then they s/b color coordinated :mrgreen: Very sweet sprawled out on the carpet like that, eyes on the camera :)

peanut_8 wrote:Karen, CRGuy has been known to post pics for folks. You may be able to get him to assist, if not you could email BS or myself.

Yes, of course. Karen you can email through any of our profiles. Why did you get rid of your Dogger?

Then we have to get Lee's Harlee on here. With a name like that, sounds like another 'born to be wild' pup hehehe

BS
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:02 pm

I have not set up a new hosting pic account since phoneybucket screwed us over :evil:

BUTT yes I think we all have some pretty cool hounds hangin' out with us around here !
Mysterious lack of felines though.
Probably just proves my adage :
" Dogs have family ... cats have staff ! "

CR
Caregiver x 3
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
10 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:37 pm

The first time we took Fonzie out to lunch in his new stroller, we were seated next to an identical stroller with the only exception being it had pink trim.

I was facing the other direction, so I didn't get a glimpse of it's occupant, until she left and showed us her cat. hehe.

Apparently she loves to stroll about town as well.

To bad I didn't get my camera out fast enough. :mrgreen:
Terri aka peanut
permanent colostomy
MSS
currently NED

susie0915

Postby susie0915 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:36 am

Thank you CRguy. I'll keep working on it.
58 yr old mother of 3 Dx @ 55
5/15 DX T3N0MO/ 2A
6/15 5 wks of chemo/rad
7/15 sigmoidoscopy/scar tissue left
8/15 Pet scan NED
9/15 LAR
0/24 nodes
10/15 Bowel blockage. 3 1/2 weeks in hospital,early ileo rev since
surgery to repair blockage. c-diff inf :(
12/15 6 rds of xelox
5/16 Clear CT lung scarring/inflammation
9/16 clear colonoscopy