O/T They Say Things Come In Threes...Update #3/Photo Shoot of My Furbaby Chloe

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
bitchslapped

Re: O/T They Say Things Come In Threes...Update #3/Photo Shoot of My Furbaby Chloe

Postby bitchslapped » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:19 pm

peanut_8 wrote:DH is out of town for a few days, so I thought what a perfect time for Fonzie to try sleeping on the bed for the first time. Well, I like a little fresh air when sleeping so I left the window open. Apparently Fonz got a little chilly and decided to creep under the covers. Eventually he ended up with his head on my pillow licking my ear. Not a lot of sleeping went on last night.:

peanut_8 wrote:Anyway, while I was laying there deciding what to do with the lead weight next to me, I was thinking about how lucky that pit bull was to have CRGuy pry the bone out of his throat, and how appreciative he was. Tail thumping is the best.

For a minute thought DH was back home?! :mrgreen: :lol:

Sounded like it was years ago, teenage boy probably a grown man by now, but w/a mean A-hole of a father as described, makes you wonder just how that bone really did get stuffed down the throat like that. On the other hand, kids & dogs can get themselves into some tight situations.

Ya, Miss Molly looks cute & perky like Gidget. Doesn't show her age.

BS
DSS,35YO,unresect mCRC DX 7/'14,lvr,LN,peri,rib
FOLFOX+Avstn 4 Rnds d/c 10/'14
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14
Gone From My Sight 2/20/15
Me:garden variety polyps + precancerous polyp
Carergver x2 DH,DM dbl occupancy,'03-'10
DH dx 47YO mCRC,'04-'07 fried x HAI
DM dx CC 85YO,CC,CHF,stroke,dementia,aphasia

MissMolly

Re: O/T They Say Things Come In Threes...Update #3/Photo Shoot of My Furbaby Chloe

Postby MissMolly » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:29 pm

BS and Peanut:
The NG tube and gut decompression was not alleviating the small bowel obstruction, so I underwent a relatively simple surgery yesterday to snip the offending adhesions. Ordeal over. Relief.

I am a bit woozy as I type . . .

But I am smiling a broad smile seeing the photograph of famously perky Gidget poised as Miss Molly’s side-by-side look-alike. Maybe it’s the overload of post-op medications flowing through my body, but I see an uncanny resemblance between Gidget and my petite Maltese Miss Molly.

BS and Peanut, I commend you both. Find minds work alike. You are The Best of a Lucille Ball and Ethyl Merman duet.

I come from a family that values the role of all creatures in the world’s vast ecosystem. All creatures great and small. My mother serves on the Board of the Oregon Humane Society and has done so for many years, and I credit my mother for instilling in me a respect for the genuine gift that are pet’s that come to share our lives with us.

My surgeon, dear soul that he is, wrote a physician order allowing Molly an opportunity to visit with me in my room this afternoon. All of the rooms at St. Vincent's are private rooms. It was so GOOD to see Molly and to be engulfed with wet nose kisses and a Maltese song of “Roo Roo Roo.”

Thank you both for immensely brightening my day and for making me feel welcomed in this forum. I hope to honor Belle’s (NWGirl’s) participation and heartfelt memory on this forum by offering helpful tips to people new to a temporary loop ileostomy.

I am doing better and should be aiming for a discharge to home soon.

Nameste,
Karen + ^..^__/
Devoted daughter to my father, diagnosed with stage 2 colon cancer Nov-2014.
Dear friend to Bella Piazza, former CC member.
I have a permanent ileostomy and offer advice on living with an ostomy.
I have been on Palliative Care for broad endocrine failure + Addison's disease + osteonecrosis of both hips/jaw + immunosuppression and recurrent infection x 4 years. I transitioned to Hospice Sept-2016, but it was not yet my time. I am back on Palliative Care and live a simple life due to frail health.

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:33 pm

Karen, your post has warmed my heart this evening. Thank goodness you're on the road to recovery, and Miss Molly (aka Gidget) was able to visit.

Hope you heading home very soon
peanut
Terri aka peanut
diagnosed Jan 14, RC stage 2a, age 56
permanent colostomy
MSS
April 14, 28 chemo/rad with Xeloda
June 14 adjuvant Xeloda 6 rounds
currently NED

MissMolly

Postby MissMolly » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:44 pm

Peanut:
I believe in the positive influence of collective prayer and collective energy to those who are healing. Thank You for thinking of me and wishing me well. I appreciate it.

CR Guy:
Your narrative of the pit bull with a deeply lodged knuckle bone obstructing the dog’s breathing deeply touched me. I can appreciate how this encounter has remained a defining moment of your veterinary career.

YOU were the person who that pit bull needed the most in his moment of need.

Wow. You have my respect.
Karen
I have been on Palliative Care for broad endocrine failure + Addison's disease + osteonecrosis of both hips/jaw + immunosuppression and recurrent infection x 4 years. I transitioned to Hospice Sept-2016, but it was not yet my time. I am back on Palliative Care and live a simple life due to frail health.

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:20 pm

Thanks Karen,

yes, when he raised his head, looked at me and wagged his tail ....
it was a powerful moment

Harmony
CRguy
Caregiver x 3
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
10 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:50 pm

MissMolly wrote:BS and Peanut, I commend you both. Find minds work alike. You are The Best of a Lucille Ball and Ethyl Merman duet.

Thank you both for immensely brightening my day and for making me feel welcomed in this forum. I hope to honor Belle’s (NWGirl’s) participation and heartfelt memory on this forum by offering helpful tips to people new to a temporary loop ileostomy.

Hi Karen, Wonderful news on your end. Hopeful this surgery puts an end to these small bowel blockages + a long overdue reunion w/your Miss Molly + going home soon = good things are taking place. :)

You very much honor Belle's memory on this forum through your well thought out, informative contributions. She had a beautiful friend in you.
I'm hanging around here chronicling the history of Chloe's kibble regimen over the years, posting pics of dog lookalikes until CRguy BLOCKS me :mrgreen: :lol: :P
Little bit of comic relief helpful for me right now. Peanut's always game & if it puts a smile on your face = trifecta!

One episode of the I Love Lucy show that stands out as one of my favs, was when Lucy was baking bread using too much yeast. The loaf got so big it shoved open the oven door growing half way out into the kitchen :shock: :lol:
I can somehow picture peanut & me as Lucy & Ethel in the chocolate factory episode. I kinda identify w/Ethel Mertz as Lucy's sidekick (little bit jaded). peanut: "you wanna be Lucy?"

Examine those pics again of Chloe, Fonzie, Molly lookalikes. Bone structure, coloring, facial features.

Sending get well wishes!

BS
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:00 pm

Yes, I guess I can be Lucy. Now I'm going to try and remember how to change my avatar.

Karen, Hope you will be heading home soon, and the special fabric will prevent future blockages.
Terri aka peanut
permanent colostomy
MSS
currently NED

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:26 pm

Here's a celebrity/canine look-a-like that might bring a smile to someones day.

uncanny resemblance :shock:
Terri aka peanut
permanent colostomy
MSS
currently NED

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:20 pm

That is an uncanny resemblance peanut! 'Ol Vlad & Lad :lol: :mrgreen:

Couple of my favorite I Love Lucy episodes: Too much yeast in the bread & working @ the chocolate factory :lol:

Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:10 am

classics all around BS.

Well done.

hugs
Lucille
Terri aka peanut
permanent colostomy
MSS
currently NED

MissMolly

Postby MissMolly » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:37 am

Tag Team Lucille (peanut) and Ethyl (BS):

This thread is morphing into a creative expose at its best. The talent expressed is right up there with Late Night televisions’s best (Jimmy Kimmel, Steve Colbert, Noah Trevor).

Who would have thought that BS’s original post to problem-solve Miss Chloe’s questionable forefoot/paw biopsy would germinate into a mini-series of pet parenting and showcase the indelible bonds of kindred friendship between BS and Peanut? In a forum devoted to colo-rectal cancer, it is important to have available avenues of light-hearted and humerous expression to relieve inherent stress and worry. I hope others can find a moment of respite when browsing through this thread and posted readings.

I have had to keep a pillow close to my abdomen to keep post-op pain at bay due to laughing. The clips of Lucille Ball are classics and among my favorites. I applaud both Peanut and BS (aka the tag team of Lucille and Ethyl) for their technological finess in being able to attach photographs and video clips. Those clips have me smiling and laughing, good medicine. A picture is with a thousand words.

Well done. Well done.
Karen

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:06 pm

Well, you got us goin again Karen. We've been known to hijack a thread or two, taking it way off course as it snowballs w/others jumping in too...or the other way around. But that Lucy is a party girl; make no mistake about that. She's always up to some shenanigan, dragging me into the plot. :roll: Next thing ya know, the fellas are all riled up, posturing. Happens.every.time.
Anybody notice flour all over the kitchen floor :lol:

Hope you are healing well & @ home w/Miss Molly! No more laughing allowed for you for a week! :D

Not answering the phone today, LuuuCY. :P
Ethel
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:38 pm

hello?

Oh it's you Ethyl. What's that your saying about shenanigans?

oh, not shenanigans, you want my recipe for cranberry ham?

A couple of Christmases ago, BS saved my butt, by sharing her recipe for prime rib. She's a good egg.

As for you Karen, hope you''re healing up nicely, and are comfortable at home. Hope you're not being deluged with rain.
Terri aka peanut
permanent colostomy
MSS
currently NED

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:00 pm

:wink:
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”