O/T They Say Things Come In Threes...Pancreatic Cancer (Not Me)

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
CRguy

Re: O/T They Say Things Come In Threes...Pancreatic Cancer (Not Me)

Postby CRguy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:48 pm

bitchslapped wrote:Image

Whoopee shit ..... IS imgur going F*&#Bucket on us too :twisted:
I am getting a " not available " notice of Miss Chloe pix here
and a http://i.imgur.com/removed.png link to it

and we all know ... don't be messin' wit redheads !!!

Cheers sista'
CR
Caregiver x 3
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
10 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing NONrandomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

MissMolly

Postby MissMolly » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:55 pm

BS:'
I will second the notion that your little Chloe is "too cute for words."

Chloe is precious. I can see why you love Chloe so deeply. She has beautiful eyes that are a window into her soul.

Our fur-buddies are faithful companions during difficult times.

I will offer a gentle prayer for Chloe,
Karen
Devoted daughter to my father, diagnosed with stage 2 colon cancer Nov-2014.
Dear friend to Bella Piazza, former CC member.
I have a permanent ileostomy and offer advice on living with an ostomy.
I have been on Palliative Care for broad endocrine failure + Addison's disease + osteonecrosis of both hips/jaw + immunosuppression and recurrent infection x 4 years. I transitioned to Hospice Sept-2016, but it was not yet my time. I am back on Palliative Care and live a simple life due to frail health.

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:38 pm

Ya, peanut, she's a princess all right. Never been a barker.

Read the links CR & a few others to get better educated. Even though I knew cancer was a possibility, even likely for Chloe, I zoned out just the same when I heard that word yet again. Vet has me giving her Benadryl right now.

Leg/foot giving me fits yesterday, though it's not about me necessarily. Just need to focus on Chloe & HER upcoming dr. appts so timing not good. Somewhat better today, so maybe I won't need to get checked out. Hope not. BECAUSE...I also ordered new dishwasher, washer & dryer. Dishwasher been out for months, dryer quit this last week, so went Fri after Chloe's appt (took her to my brother's) cause I knew this was going to be exhausting, but could not have imagined how uninformed the customer service would really be. Wouldn't you know...I GOT THE NEWER PERSON just out of high school it if you ask me. But I was not going to leave until I made a purchase as was not going all over town looking. It was going to be done Fri & be done w/it. Anyway laundry set to be delivered Mon & dishwasher on Wed. Dishwasher can wait if interferes w/any possible appts for the baby. Of course you know it's anytime between morning & afternoon. Nature of that biz. No time for me to go lame, no time for laundrymats!! :twisted:

Karen, your little girl sounds lovely. Chloe is about double Miss Molly's size on account of she is a bit long in the waist :P Chloe will gladly take those tail wags & wet nose kisses, however butt sniffs she's very particular about who's near her caboose waaay back there! :lol: :mrgreen:

Chloe was dx'd w/auto immune disease in 2011, IBD, cut stem to sternum for gallbladder removal of one huge stone + a lot of sludge, enterococcus & ecoli infections gallbladder to liver; liver wedges taken @ that time + biopsy of her colon too for IBD dx. Two yrs later thrombocytopenia. Her platelets were so low, her doc ordered manual count to doublecheck the machine count as she was in danger of bleeding out. Two yrs later myelodysplastic syndrome (bone marrow). Red blood cells so low, it was damned near blood transfusion time. Guess what? It occurred to me last night it has been two years...

Thanks you guys for your input & good wishes. I'll take em. Chloe & I have weathered a lot of storms together, she & I. We won't talk about root canals, yes, plural, etc. (yes, I brush her teeth), but the dentist said if you can't bend it, don't give it to your dog.

Thank God I bought insurance for her shortly after bringing her home as a pup 8)

Woops, deleted off of igmur. See what I can do 'bout that.

Forever a caregiver...

BS
DSS,35YO,unresect mCRC DX 7/'14,lvr,LN,peri,rib
FOLFOX+Avstn 4 Rnds d/c 10/'14
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14
Gone From My Sight 2/20/15
Me:garden variety polyps + precancerous polyp
Carergver x2 DH,DM dbl occupancy,'03-'10
DH dx 47YO mCRC,'04-'07 fried x HAI
DM dx CC 85YO,CC,CHF,stroke,dementia,aphasia

MissMolly

Postby MissMolly » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:34 pm

BS:
My little Miss Molly is sending your little Miss Chloe a flotilla of Lucky Lady bugs, well-wishes, wet nose kisses, tail wags, positive karma and collective positive energy for a hopeful Veterinary consultation tomorrow.

I bet the two of them would be kindred spirits were the two of them to meet - close in age, close in size, and BIG in heart.

I do understand the closeness of the bond that you have with Chloe. I would not have made it this far were it not for the love and companionship of Molly.

I, too, have had pet medical insurance for Molly since she was a wee pup. The policy has more than paid for itself and allowed me to provide her the medical care that she has needed without financial worry.

Tail wags and sincere well-wishes and gentle prayer to Chloe and to you,
Karen + ^..^ __/ (tea-cup Maltese, Molly)
I have been on Palliative Care for broad endocrine failure + Addison's disease + osteonecrosis of both hips/jaw + immunosuppression and recurrent infection x 4 years. I transitioned to Hospice Sept-2016, but it was not yet my time. I am back on Palliative Care and live a simple life due to frail health.

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:55 pm

Lee, thanks for stoppin in. I'm @ the computer w/the middle dresser drawer pulled out w/a pillow on it & my leg sprawled out on top of that. Not a pretty sight, I can tell you that. :shock: :mrgreen: :lol: Keeping it elevated has helped w/swelling & discomfort. I'm horrible about going to doctors (so much of it w/family over the years I guess + Chloe) & a sore puffy leg/foot is ok @ this moment...provided that is all it is. Against the caregiver's rulebook :evil:

Added the pics back in + 1 :) Wish I could post a couple of videos, but maybe that's going a little too far :shock: :roll: :mrgreen: :D :mrgreen: DH brought home commercial accordian-type duct venting (clear plastic) for Chloe years ago. Grandson got it out & snaked it out on the floor, threw a treat in there & away she went. Forward, reverse, flipping around in that tubing. So long as I can keep her interested, social networking, peemail on walks, to the park etc., then options need to be considered. Putting her down, well, I just don't know how to get through that one.

Because of Chloe's lengthy history of health issues, she has been poked, prodded, cut open, needle aspirations, IV's hydration, subq hydration, you name it over & over again & sometimes over a prolonged period of time. I'm just really sensitive to that & the very reason I take her w/me to the vet for food, treats, toothpaste, you name it. This way it is not all negative & let me tell you, it has made a huge difference re: vet visits over the years. This redhead charges handsome rewards for coming into her space w/thermometer, needles. They are called "owietime" & owietime nummies" & she is not one bit shy about it.

This growth is about a dime in size, extending into the actual pad of her paw, so not so sure re: margins. Guess we'll find out. Gave her a "pruning" & shaved her "slippers" off this week so that's how I found it. Had been about 3 mos since last grooming (not to be confused w/bathing)!

Karen, your puppy dog wishes make me smile & laugh :lol: Just know that I respect what your little girl means to you & does for your spirit during your struggles w/health issues.
I'm sending that "flotilla of Lucky Lady bugs, well-wishes, wet nose kisses, tail wags, positive karma and collective positive energy"
right back to you & Miss Molly through sunbeams, moonlight & rainbows. :)

BS
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:18 pm

just an addon reference
http://wearethecure.org/learn-more-abou ... ll-tumors/

Steve Withrow (lead author) was one of my Surg/Med profs and is a highly regarded Oncology Vet
( we used to call him Stevie Wonder ... he was THAT GOOD ! )

Benadryl and corticosteroids are needed and ask your vet about cromolyn sodium ...
not main stream BUTT has been used in vet patients as a specific mast cell degranulation inhibitor

wide excision and radiotherapy are definitley on the table

"limping" ? ...... FIRST the Dx ... then the Tx ( refer to our PMs )
PLEASE PM me anytime ..... BUTT lasers are only good for surgical removal of tumors, not to treat the symptoms :twisted:

the vet maybe shoulda woulda coulda ..... ?????? done a complete and FULL physical exam ?????

sorry sista' been doin' this since > 35 years

It all starts with a FULL exam, history and signalment
if there is a dime sized lesion referable to the "limping" ... that shoulda been noted and reported by the vet .....
just sayin'

PLEASE PM me
gotchur back here

CR on the Journey
Caregiver x 3
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
10 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing NONrandomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:03 pm

[quote="CRguy"]wide excision and radiotherapy are definitley on the table

Yes, came to that conclusion from the reference material links.
Gonna read the next link you provided in this post.

Will send pm w/my take.

Thanks CR.
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

Teddi
Facebook Username: teddimcfarland

Postby Teddi » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:42 am

My cousin had pancreatic, but not metastatic. I believe she was stage 3. Her oncologist just fired her in September because she made it 5 years and is considered cured. She was treated in Seattle at Virginia Mason. Her oncologist's name is Dr. Picosi (or something like that). He is considered one of the best for pancreatic. I realize she is very lucky, but just wanted to share some hope.

Hope your leg feels better quickly.
Teddi
47 at diagnosis
Colonoscopy, biopsy, CT, PET 6/14
Rectal cancer (tentatively) Stage III-b, MSS
Xeloda and radiation 25x finished 8/14
FOLFOX 5 cycles
Surgery 1/23/14 ~ T1N0MX ~ temp illeostomy
FOLFOX 3 cycles = total of 8
Illeostomy reversal 4/8/15
Clean scans x2, clear colonoscopy 9/15

MissMolly

Postby MissMolly » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:22 am

Here offered to Chloe, The Prayer of St. Francis . .

"Good St. Francis, lover of all animals. To you, they were your brothera and sisters. By the power of love, we ask you to bless Miss Chloe, enable her to live by Your plan. St. Francis, watch over Miss Chloe and keep her safe, on earth and in heaven."

Throughout his life and travels, the beloved St. Francis of Assisi spoke of God's great love and care for animals. Today, St. Francis continues to protect all animals with this prayer

BS:
I am thinking of you and Chloe as the daylight breaks here on the west coast.

I hope the above Prayer of St. Francis can help you and Chloe's veterinarian team to navigate a treatment for her mast cell tumor so that Chloe can enjoy a longer and healthier life.

With paw prints on your heart,
Karen + ^..^__/ (Molly)

canadiandaughter

Postby canadiandaughter » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:41 am

Wow, I cannot believe your bad luck my friend!! I hope the swelling and pain is better today. So, so sorry to hear about Miss Chloe. Having 5 dogs myself, you know I am a lover of the furbabies. Hopefully the vet can do something to help her out. I know my babies have been my therapists through all of dads cancer and since his death with all the family bs we have had going on. They know when we are sad and are a great comfort. I am sure two of mine really think they are my children. I am scared to tell them they are actually dogs! Sending healing prayers, hugs and positive thoughts for both of you!!! Take care of yourself!!!
DD to 81 year old father
dx 24/07/14 iv cc mets liver/lung
folifiri started 19/07/14
shrinkage of all mets
growth in the liver,started folfox/avastin 80% 13/01/16
reduced to 70% due to side effects 27/01/16
First scan on folfox shows shrinkage in lungs, but liver just stable
6 rounds of vectibix-fail. 3cm growth and new spots showing Waiting for panel recommendations
At peace January 8, 2017

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:34 pm

Both smears from needle biopsy of Chloe's paw came back negative for cancer. Vet says she counted 3 or 4 of the suspicious mast cells in a row & went "Ugh" which she says she doesn't do very often. My son found a suspicious lump on her left side near outer armpit which needle biopsy showed is a lipoma (fatty tumor). She has one on her underside for years now.

CRguy wrote:the vet maybe shoulda woulda coulda ..... ?????? done a complete and FULL physical exam ?????

sorry sista' been doin' this since > 35 years

It all starts with a FULL exam, history and signalment

I couldn't agree more, CRguy & I don't think that has ever been done there. The vet has been her doc since she was a pup, so basically 13 1/2 or so yrs now. I reminded her on the phone Fri, that every two years since 2011 Chloe has come down w/something major, so she's due. So vet had one of staff give her the once over (I didn't say a word). They found a cyst on underbelly to be nothing, but did take a needle aspirate of a lump they found on left lower hindquarter + did two core biopsies of tumor on paw (which is what I wanted in the first place)...all done on Fri & samples off to the lab.

Though I give Chloe rubs & scratches, etc. it asppears I need to do a conscious touchy feely on Chloe while brushing & combing & otherwise & ask the vet office does as well for her semi-anual exams.

This is one time both vet & client hope she is wrong. Otherwise, we have done our best to "seed" this thing, yet don't know what else to do to be thorough. She is off the Benadryl till further findings, as I think w/current dx to date, + who knows how auto immune disease reacts to it, it might be what was making her "urpy". Doc agrees the lump has decreased in size which is typical of mast cell tumor to change.

Labs s/b back Mon...should be however vet headed for Jacksonhole, WY on vacation. Said she will get a hold of me when she gets results of labs from the office while on vacation.

SNL doing better on chemo. Nerve block this last week for pain. They are very confident in young, board certified onc, up on the most recent research. Even though she is a ST IV, I always hope. Thanks Teddi.

What's a farm CD w/o dogs, cats & whatever?! :lol: For me, this one little purebred has given me a run for my $ & worries!

BS
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14

DarknessEmbraced
Facebook Username: Riann Fletcher

Postby DarknessEmbraced » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:03 pm

I'm sorry for SIL's diagnosis and your friend's husband's heart attack!*hugs* I hope your SIL's chemo goes well!
Diagnosed 10/28/14, age 36
Colon Resection 11/20/14, LAR (no illeo)
Stage 2a colon cancer, T3NOMO
Lymph-vascular invasion undetermined
0/22 lymph nodes
No chemo, no radiation
Clear Colonoscopy 04/29/15
NED 10/20/15
Ischemic Colitis 01/21/2016
NED 11/10/16

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”