PREP GETS HARDER TO TOLERATE

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
mpbser

Re: PREP GETS HARDER TO TOLERATE

Postby mpbser » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:04 am

http://www.hygieacare.com/ looks to me to be colon hydrotherapy. I had a number of "colonics" of this sort done many years ago to clean up my colon which had years of impacted buildup from my terrible diet back then. The procedure is super easy. You lie on a table while an inserted probe shoots water into the colon. The device makes sure that the water fills up the colon all the way to the ileocecal valve. It stops when you are full. That takes about 15 or so minutes if I recall correctly. (This was 17 years ago.) Then you sit on a toilet and everything comes shooting out. You sit there until you are evacuating your bowels no further. It isn't painful at all.

Here is a description:

Colon hydrotherapy is a safe, effective method of removing waste from the large intestine. By introducing a small amount of water into the colon, the waste is softened and loosened, then released resulting in evacuation through natural peristalsis. This process is repeated several times during a session… water in and waste out. This simple practice has a long history of use in promoting digestive health throughout many cultures. A professional and therapeutic gentle colon hydrotherapy session can help you eliminate toxins, enhance colon activity, increase proper digestion, and improve your overall vitality, while decreasing bloating, relieving acute constipation and chronic sluggishness of the bowel. With today’s modern technique and FDA registered and approved equipment the access to this beneficial treatment is safer and easier than ever.

Once, I had one additional moment where I had diarrhea once I got home but the effects are not uncontrollable. That is, my body signaled that I could wait until I was at home which was about 40-45 minutes away from the hydrotherapist.

If we had hydrotherapy near us, this would totally be the prep to use.
Wife 4/17 Dx age 45
5/17 LAR
Adenocarcinoma
low grade
1st primary T3 N2b M1a
Stage IVA
8/17 Sub-total colectomy
2nd primary 5.5 cm T1 N0
9 of 96 nodes
CEA: < 2.9
MSS
Lynch no; KRAS wild
Immunohistochemsistry Normal
Fall 2017 FOLFOX shrank the 1 met in liver
1/18 Liver left hepatectomy seg 4
5/18 CT clear
12/18 MRI 1 liver met
3/7/19 Resection & HAI
4/1/19 Folfiri & FUDR
5/13/19 HAI pump catheter dislodge, nearly bled to death
6-7 '19 5FU 4 cycles
NED

horizon

Re: PREP GETS HARDER TO TOLERATE

Postby horizon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:18 pm

kellywin wrote:I told my doc a couple of colonoscopies ago that I would never drink that golytley stuff again, so don't bother trying to make me. They gave me Suprep and it was really pretty easy. Not a lot to drink (just one dose that you can chug in one sitting, followed by regular water and then later in the day, another dose). Tastes like cherry cough syrup, but there isn't much of it and it's fairly easy.

Congrats on your clean colonoscopy!

I never thought about just flat out saying I won't ever do that again. The golytley is the work of the devil I am convinced.
I'm just a dude who still can't believe he had a resection and went through chemo (currently 13 years NED). Is this real life?

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”