Things Not to Say and the Responses I want to Make (Rant)

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
justin case

Re: Things Not to Say and the Responses I want to Make (Rant)

Postby justin case » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:42 pm

Swirdfish wrote:
mpbser wrote:Dr. Gary Null has had a couple callers to his radio program within the past week or two describing how they reversed their Stage IV cancers naturally by strictly following his protocols. The alternative to chemo does not involve simply adding more carrots to one's diet, so the comments here are very misguided. What I personally would do if I was diagnosed with cancer would most likely include, to start for initial detox:

>5 miles of power walking or jogging daily
absolutely no meat or animal products
whole grains, e.g. millet, quinoa, etc.
juices at least 5x/day... comprised of organic greens, beets, etc... (Chris at chrisbeatcancer.com describes an ideal diet in detail)
mega supplements, e.g. IV vit C, etc. (described in more detail at the "what supplements are you taking?" thread
meditation daily

My friend who goes to Chipsa Hospital in Mexico, who was given a death sentence of a few months to live about a year ago, is doing great, btw.

An alternative to chemo? Alot of forum members are undergoing chemo regimes with high hopes of curative intent. Your rubbish seems to follow you from post to post. Perhaps this forum isnt the medium you require perhaps chris beat cancer is a better alternative. As usual more propaganda from the internet machine. Perhaps ET was real. Was on a movie i seen from a friend of a friend. How about you think before you type before you affect other people with your rubbish.

Hmm, MD Anderson is in my town, and I do believe there is no preface to your gregarious statement, that organic vegetables and fruits, could possibly be the answer. Cancer has been written about in ancient times, when everything had to be organic !! So poof goes your heal all with organics. Perhaps you should check the origin of the word cancer, it was developed in the BC, as a disease that spread like a crab !
7/11 diagnosed Stage 2 colon and rectal cancer
chemo/rad
lar/temp ilio
Reversal & port removal
21 round of chemo Folfox 9tx, 5fu 12 tx
Last treatment July 2012

inorganic8

Postby inorganic8 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:00 pm

I always wondered why there was a cancer zodiac sign. It seemed weird. Thanks, Justin. I learned something really cool today.

Lee, thank you for sharing your story. I've read a lot of your posts and they give me hope every time.

Peanut, the Folgers meme is awesome.

OK, I got a new one:
Person: What you need is alkalized water. There's a guy in California who sells the machine for $4000.
Me: I'm an engineer. I'll make you one for $2,500.
Person: I don't need one.
Me: I thought you were offering to buy one for me. Don't you want to help? What kind of friend are you?
Alternate Response: Can he just drink alkalized beer?

I see now that while focusing on BigCarrot, I have ignored another threat, the Alkalized Water Industrial Complex (AWIC). I fear the day their agendas align.
Wife to DH with CRC
Stage IV Diagnosis 1/27/17, Mets to Liver, Omentum, Peri
KRAS Mutation, G12, MSS
Folfirinox 2/8/17
Folfiri 6/14/17
Nov. scan - disease progression
1/24/18 15-hour HIPEC surgery.
June 2018 It's back, starting Stivarga
Aug. 2018 stopping Stivarga
Sep. 2018 clinical trial of Keytruda and ibrutanib
Dec. 2018 disease progression, stopped trial
Jan. 2019 small bowel obstruction and surgery
Mar. 2019 clinical trial TAK-164
May 2019 deteriorating rapidly
June 12, 2019 At Peace

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:09 pm

I like it :

Big Carrots watered only with Alkalinized Water ....

is there a Ponzi investment scheme you know where I can invest all my life savings ???? :shock:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Cheers
CR
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

Maggie Nell

Postby Maggie Nell » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:53 am

inorganic8 wrote:I always wondered why there was a cancer zodiac sign. It seemed weird.

The zodiacal constellations were named by folk in the northern hemisphere, whose imaginations were limited
by the species in their location. None of them had travelled to the southern hemisphere to broaden their
repertoire.

This is a good website to while away some hours if you like stargazing. The constellation of Scorpius is
prominent in Australian skies now; Polynesian peoples and indigenous Australians do not see it as a scorpion.

http://www.constellationsofwords.com/Co ... ancer.html

Cancer is the sign of the summer solstice, and represents the sun at the highest point of summer.
The constellation is identified with the crab, Karkinos, or Carcinus, that was sent by Hera to bite the foot
of Hercules as he battled with the monstrous Hydra. Hercules crushed the crab with his foot. Hera placed the
crab in the sky for this service. The crab is a symbol of powerful gripping and holding power.

According to Chaldaean and Platonist philosophy, Cancer was the 'Gate of Men' through which souls
descended from heaven into human bodies, or into creation

The crab lives part of its time on the earth, and part in the water. In this constellation there is a
configuration of two Asses, the Aselli (gamma, Asellus Borealis, and delta, Asellus Australis) outflanking
a star cluster called the 'Manger' (Praesaepe). Some think this might be the origin, as seen in nativity
pictures of the birth of Christ, of the positioning of a donkey always behind the manger.
The baby born in a manger might relate to this idea of Cancer being the 'Gate of Men'.

With tongue-in-cheek, I could say that it is guaranteed that with cancer you will encounter two asses....... :P

At least.
DX April 2015, @ 54
35mm poorly diff. tumour, incidental finding following emergency R. hemicolectomy
for ileo-colic intussusception.
Lymph nodes: 0/22
T3 N0 MX
Stage II CRC, no adjuvant chemo required.

Maggie Nell

Postby Maggie Nell » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:08 am

peanut_8 wrote:If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone tell me that coffee enemas cure cancer, I could treat myself to a fine pair of shoes. GRRRRR :roll: :shock: :roll:

Boldly going where no coffee-bean has been before!

May the faucet be with you!
DX April 2015, @ 54
35mm poorly diff. tumour, incidental finding following emergency R. hemicolectomy
for ileo-colic intussusception.
Lymph nodes: 0/22
T3 N0 MX
Stage II CRC, no adjuvant chemo required.

ocstacy
Facebook Username: stacy

Postby ocstacy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:48 am

My cousin who doesn't believe in going to the doctor is a health freak and cooks clean, eats healthy and smokes the good stuff. She talked my brain off about b17 which I didn't know about until she lmk that it's only sold in Europe and not in the U.S and that is why the cancer is getting everyone here in the U.S. She said I could shrink the cancer with juicing like the medical medium does and only feed b17. She doesn't believe in chemo, she says it's poison. Also, she mentioned that cancer grows like cavities and they love milk. So the more milk you drink , the more the cancer will live and keep growing. So I found the b17 at mother's market showed it the dr. of course she didn't say anything. I do love raw almonds but it gives me big acne breakouts.

Anyhow, I don't even have cancer (yet) but I am advocating for my mother. It's nice to know what not to say sometimes. I always get "Well, what stage is she in?" "What letter is after the stage number" "There is still hope" "You are lucky that it's not like brain cancer or liver cancer" "Lucky it's not stage 4 cancer" "Your mom got real lucky, colorectal cancer is the best cancer you can get, it's slow growing and easily operable when detected early" "Oh, stage 3, will she be okay?" "Have her eat eat b17, and no milk" "No greet tea, no turmeric" High fiber diet only and no red meat"
Caregiver/daughter to dear mother age 78, dx 5/09/17 because of me!! :wink:
Rectal CA Stage 3 low-grade adenocarcinoma- 6 cm
Neoadjuvant start 7/10/17 ended 08/16/17
3D Lap. surgery @ Keck USC, Dr. Sang Lee 10/17/17 temp ileostomy
11/1 hospitalized abscess/hernia - home 11/06/17 antibiotics
NO LYMPHS INVOLVED! NEAR PATHOLOGICAL RESPONSE! YAY! :shock:
Took her last chemo med 05/10/18! Ileo reversal 07/24/18
1st BM after reversal 07/25/18 Anal Fissure 8/15/18
Me:1st Colonoscopy age 38. 08/17 Benign polp.

Swirdfish

Postby Swirdfish » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:22 am

ocstacy wrote:My cousin who doesn't believe in going to the doctor is a health freak and cooks clean, eats healthy and smokes the good stuff. She talked my brain off about b17 which I didn't know about until she lmk that it's only sold in Europe and not in the U.S and that is why the cancer is getting everyone here in the U.S. She said I could shrink the cancer with juicing like the medical medium does and only feed b17. She doesn't believe in chemo, she says it's poison. Also, she mentioned that cancer grows like cavities and they love milk. So the more milk you drink , the more the cancer will live and keep growing. So I found the b17 at mother's market showed it the dr. of course she didn't say anything. I do love raw almonds but it gives me big acne breakouts.

Anyhow, I don't even have cancer (yet) but I am advocating for my mother. It's nice to know what not to say sometimes. I always get "Well, what stage is she in?" "What letter is after the stage number" "There is still hope" "You are lucky that it's not like brain cancer or liver cancer" "Lucky it's not stage 4 cancer" "Your mom got real lucky, colorectal cancer is the best cancer you can get, it's slow growing and easily operable when detected early" "Oh, stage 3, will she be okay?" "Have her eat eat b17, and no milk" "No greet tea, no turmeric" High fiber diet only and no red meat"

There is so many different cures for cancer i dont know which one too choose. I kind of like the alkalined dipped carrots up my butt. Have to be at least 12 cm long.
06/2016 Went in for colonoscopy came out with a tumor. Age 35
12cm from verge at junction. Rectal cancer.
Clinical stage T3 NO MO
Temp illestomy
Completed 5FU and Radiation
LAR surgery planned 13 Oct 2016
Completed ULAR surgery 11-10-2016.
0/22 nodes
pT3 N0 M0 R1
Stage 2A

Pathology reviewed and changed
ypT3 N0 M0 R0

Started folfox 21-11-2016
5-4-17 NED
Reversal 12-4-17

mpbser

Postby mpbser » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:00 am

We drink water that I collect from a spring on top of a mountain at a national forest that we live in the foothills of. I wonder what its pH is. Also, whenever I can, I buy alkalized water. I have recently been making sure that my husband drinks it also, now that he has been DXed.
Wife 4/17 Dx age 45
5/17 LAR
Adenocarcinoma
low grade
1st primary T3 N2b M1a
Stage IVA
8/17 Sub-total colectomy
2nd primary 5.5 cm T1 N0
9 of 96 nodes
CEA: < 2.9
MSS
Lynch no; KRAS wild
Immunohistochemsistry Normal
Fall 2017 FOLFOX shrank the 1 met in liver
1/18 Liver left hepatectomy seg 4
5/18 CT clear
12/18 MRI 1 liver met
3/7/19 Resection & HAI
4/1/19 Folfiri & FUDR
5/13/19 HAI pump catheter dislodge, nearly bled to death
6-7 '19 5FU 4 cycles
NED

Swirdfish

Postby Swirdfish » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:48 am

mpbser wrote:We drink water that I collect from a spring on top of a mountain at a national forest that we live in the foothills of. I wonder what its pH is. Also, whenever I can, I buy alkalized water. I have recently been making sure that my husband drinks it also, now that he has been DXed.

I wish i had something like that here. My wife is a naturopath and has studied natural medicine for quite some time. She would be excited to say the least.
06/2016 Went in for colonoscopy came out with a tumor. Age 35
12cm from verge at junction. Rectal cancer.
Clinical stage T3 NO MO
Temp illestomy
Completed 5FU and Radiation
LAR surgery planned 13 Oct 2016
Completed ULAR surgery 11-10-2016.
0/22 nodes
pT3 N0 M0 R1
Stage 2A

Pathology reviewed and changed
ypT3 N0 M0 R0

Started folfox 21-11-2016
5-4-17 NED
Reversal 12-4-17

cbsmith

Postby cbsmith » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:06 am

mpbser wrote:We drink water that I collect from a spring on top of a mountain at a national forest that we live in the foothills of. I wonder what its pH is. Also, whenever I can, I buy alkalized water. I have recently been making sure that my husband drinks it also, now that he has been DXed.

The thing with drinking alkalized water is that it goes into your stomach with an acidic ph of about 2. It would be hard for any alkalinity to survive that and make it into the bloodstream.
06/14-DX with FAP as 36yo Male
07/14-total colectomy, rectum removal, permanent ileostomy
08/14-DX Stage IIIC, KRAS mutant, MSS
09/14-04/15 - 12 rounds of FOLFOX
07/15-CT showed para-aortic lymph node, onc thght inflammation
10/15-DX Stage IV, CT lymph node tripled in size, 1 small lung met
11/15-FOLFIRI + Avastin
06/16-lymph node is stable, now have a 2nd lung met
01/16-lymph node is stable, lung mets grown 2mm. Still on FOLFIRI + Avastin
11/17 - no chemo since. Lung growth minimal, lymph node is stable

inorganic8

Postby inorganic8 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:52 am

cbsmith wrote:

The thing with drinking alkalized water is that it goes into your stomach with an acidic ph of about 2. It would be hard for any alkalinity to survive that and make it into the bloodstream.

The interesting thing to me is that a little alkalinity is what makes water taste good. If you had water from a membrane treatment process that was almost pure H2O, you probably wouldn't like it. (You might, but most folks don't). I worked on a high-level reverse osmosis treatment facility once, and we had to add a chemical process at the end to add back some calcium carbonate. It seemed like a waste of money at first, but it makes a big difference in how taste affects people's perception of water quality.
Wife to DH with CRC
KRAS Mutation, G12, MSS
Folfirinox 2/8/17
Folfiri 6/14/17
June 12, 2019 At Peace

Aqx99
Facebook Username: aqx99

Postby Aqx99 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:31 pm

I'm senior operator at a water treatment plant. We add caustic soda at the end of the process in order to raise the pH of the water we send into the system. The reason for this is that water with a pH below 7.0 or so will leach the lead out of old pipes. We put out water at about 7.5, but some other systems put out higher pH water as a corrosion control measure.
Anne, 40
Stage IIIB Rectal Cancer
T3N1bM0
2/21/17 Dx, Age 39
2/21/17 CEA 0.9
3/23/17 - 5/2/17 Chemoradiation, 28 treatments
6/14/17 Robotic LAR w/temp loop ileostomy, ovaries & fallopian tubes removed, 2/21 lymph nodes positive
7/24/17 - 12/18/17 CapeOx, 6 Cycles
7/24/17 Dx w/ovarian cancer
9/6/17 CA 125 11.1
11/27/17 CEA 2.6
12/5/17 CT NED
12/13/17 CEA 2.9
1/11/18 CA 125 8.6
1/23/18 Reversal
3/21/18 CT enlarged thymus
4/6/18 PET NED
7/10/18 CT NED
7/11/18 CEA 2.6
9/18 Bilateral Prophylactic Mastectomy

Lee

Postby Lee » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:55 pm

Maggie Nell wrote:
peanut_8 wrote:If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone tell me that coffee enemas cure cancer, I could treat myself to a fine pair of shoes. GRRRRR :roll: :shock: :roll:

Boldly going where no coffee-bean has been before!

May the faucet be with you!

OMG :shock:

That is just waaay to funny.

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

inorganic8

Postby inorganic8 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:57 pm

Aqx99 wrote:I'm senior operator at a water treatment plant. We add caustic soda at the end of the process in order to raise the pH of the water we send into the system. The reason for this is that water with a pH below 7.0 or so will leach the lead out of old pipes. We put out water at about 7.5, but some other systems put out higher pH water as a corrosion control measure.

I'd forgotten about the corrosion issue. That was one of the major issues with Flint, MI. Thanks for the education.
Wife to DH with CRC
KRAS Mutation, G12, MSS
Folfirinox 2/8/17
Folfiri 6/14/17
June 12, 2019 At Peace

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:06 pm

cbsmith wrote:The thing with drinking alkalized water is that it goes into your stomach with an acidic ph of about 2. It would be hard for any alkalinity to survive that and make it into the bloodstream.

It doesn't. We've had this topic many times here and basically your blood pH is a very closely self regulated feedback mechanism whereby to stay alive ... you stay in the protected range.

CR
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”