Post CT scan pains

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
DBF
Facebook Username: https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1000008

Post CT scan pains

Postby DBF » Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:50 pm

Hello, friends.

I've been having some issues with scar tissue, so I had a recent CT scan. I didn't get contrast through an IV, but I did drink a solution before the scan. At my regular hospital where I get my scans, the drink is a thick, berry-flavored drink, and I tolerate it fine. This one was clear and thinner in texture. Anyway, after the scan I had diarrhea for 3-4 days, and I've developed a pain in my right abdomen (level with my belly button) that comes in waves.

I have an appointment tomorrow, but I'm wondering if this could be a reaction to the scan drink since all of these problems occurred right after the scan. Has anyone experienced problems like this after a CT scan?

On a positive note, I'm still in remission, the baby I was pregnant with when diagnosed will be four soon, and sometimes I go a full day without even thinking about cancer, which I never thought would be possible.

Donna
6/13 Dx @ 29 Wks pregnant, 42 yo
Adenocarcinoma, mucinous
7/13 C-sec/col resec/part. hysterectomy
8/13 Pulm embolism
8/13 Spread to liver
9/13 Liver resection
FOLFOX
CEA UP
ADAPT: Xeloda/Celebrex
2/14 oopherectomy
10/15 obstruction surg
10/17 Scar tissue removal/vsg surg
2019: NED :)
2021: NED :D
2022: NED :)
Mom to 3 boys: 24, 13 & 9

Maia

Re: Post CT scan pains

Postby Maia » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:45 pm

Donna!!
So happy to 'see' you!
Sorry about the diarrhea. My friend used to have several days of diarrhea after the CT scans --while she had not really a problem while having irinotecan, go figures. I don't know about the pain but it's possible that it just because of the inflammation going on from the diarrhea.
I don't know what kind of contrast you got but I did a search and came across an article that might be of interest: Delayed side effects persist in IV iodinated contrast media http://www.diagnosticimaging.com/articl ... rast-media Gastrointestinal side effects are the main ones.
If you don't mind me asking: How long have you been on ADAPT/XCEL by now? Is your doctor or are you in contact with Dr Lin? Do you experience any side effects from the capecitabine - celecoxib? How is your dose/ schedule?

Your baby has four years!!! I do remember your pregnancy!! :) :)
Best best wishes for you and your family
xoxoxo

TXLiz

Re: Post CT scan pains

Postby TXLiz » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:41 pm

I don't have any wisdom to your issue but I think it's great you and your sweet baby are well!
Vomiting and blockage 9/19/16 46 y F
R hemi colectomy 9/20/16
Stage 3 B CRC, located in cecum
3 out of 16 lymph nodes positive
perineural invasion/lymphovascular invasion
infiltrating, mod differentiated adenocarcinoma with a mucinous component
separate tumor nodules present in pericolonic adipose tissue
MSI-high
Baseline PET scan clear 9/16 CEA 0.5
FOLFOX 10/16- 3/17
April 16th, CT scan clear. CEA 1.1
Lynch "inconclusive"