Do you imagine being told you are cured?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
MissMolly

Re: Do you imagine being told you are cured?

Postby MissMolly » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:52 pm

juliej wrote:I can identify with this. I've spent the last year looking for Julie B. C. (Julie before cancer). I rock-climbed, bicycled, kayaked, ran hundreds of miles up and down the mountains around me, practiced my t'ai chi, meditated and meditated some more. But the more I looked, the more I began to realize she no longer exists

Julie's statement resonates with me.

I have been on Palliative Care approaching 4 years for a life-limiting illness for which there is no prospect of getting better.

It is not a matter of trying to be who I used to be . . but rather to make the best of a less than good situation to create my best life given the present circumstances.

It is a surreal experience to witness my health and physical body deteriorate - despite a life-time of "clean" living and a passion for long-distance running. As a physical therapist I aided others in regaining of their health, and yet I am unable to do the same for myself.

If there is one caveat that I hold true to it is to live my life with no regrets.

To live my life with honesty. To be available fully for my family. Family is precious to me. When the chips are down, it is family who will be there for you.

I wish for everyone here more love than loss,
- Karen -
Dear friend to Bella Piazza, former Colon Club member (NWGirl).
I have a permanent ileostomy and offer advice on living with an ostomy - in loving remembrance of Bella
I am on Palliative Care for broad endocrine failure + Addison's disease + osteonecrosis of both hips/jaw + immunosuppression. I live a simple life due to frail health.

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:01 pm

juliej wrote:But CRguy has words of wisdom for me: "Today I AM this." And that's a beautiful message.
Inspired by him, I am a little braver in my heart today, flames a little taller in my soul, liquid-centered. Within me, flow. Namaste, my friend.

Namaste, juliej
you always seem
to find a way
to find ....
the Way

" Be like water my friend ... "
Harmony
CR
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

LPL

Postby LPL » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:21 pm

Dear Steph20021 & MissMolly & Julie,
Oh yes I do imagine DH being told that! I would Love to hear that !! If DH were to be told that - for sure I/we would never be the same again, taking health for granted.
I wish everyone the 'best possible health'-day!
/L
DH @ 65 DX 4/11/16 CC recto-sigmoid junction
Adenocarcenoma 35x15x9mm G3(biopsi) G1(surgical)
Mets 3 Liver resectable
T4aN1bM1a IVa 2/9 LN
MSS, KRAS-mut G13D
CEA & CA19-9: 5/18 2.5 78 8/17 1.4 48 2/14/17 1.8 29
4 Folfox 6/15-7/30 (b4 liver surgery) 8 after
CT: 8/8 no change 3/27/17 NED->Jan-19 mets to lung NED again Oct-19 :)
:!: Steroid induced hyperglycemia dx after 3chemo
Surgeries 2016: 3/18 Emergency colostomy
5/23 Primary+gallbl+stoma reversal+port 9/1 Liver mets
RFA 2019: Feb & Oct lung mets

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”