Oxi done

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Teachergirl

Oxi done

Postby Teachergirl » Mon May 22, 2017 10:07 pm

Hi! I'm new and just finished my 8th treatment on oxi and 5-fu. I've now stopped the oxi due to side effects and am wondering how the side effects change when just on the 5-fu. Any change or does it stay about the same? Thanks for any feedback.
Dx dec 2016/ 43 yrs old
Tumor removal Jan 2017
Dx stage three/ 2 lymph nodes out of 12
Started folfox feb 2017
Stopped oxi after 8 cycles

JudiB

Re: Oxi done

Postby JudiB » Tue May 23, 2017 1:40 am

We are following the same journey... I had my resection in January too, staged like you, with 2/12 nodes affected and on Folfox!
My oxi was withdrawn after 4 treatments due to neuropathy.
Losing the oxi made such a big difference!
I feel as though I've got my life back! Apart from my feet, neuropathy almost gone, far less fatigue, stopped Zofran as the Emend and Prednisolone now keep the nausea at bay. With the oxi, I always felt it lurking in the background! I also find my morale is great now...no more tearfulness!
I still have sore eyes and nose and horrible acid reflex but have started omiprazole to control this. So you can look forward to an easier time now!
Sending love and hugs across the miles and hoping that you too notice a huge positive difference now!
Xxx
May 2004 Breast cancer lumpectomy followed by radiotherapy, Tamoxifen 5 years, then Femara 2 years.

Jan 2017 resection around colo-rectal junction
T2bN1 M0
March 2017 Chemo Folfox started. Oxaliplatin for 4 treatments, then just 5 FU and Leucovorin for remaining 8 treatments.
June 2017 clear scan
Last chemo August 2017
August 2017 clear scan
February 2018 clear scan

Teachergirl

Re: Oxi done

Postby Teachergirl » Tue May 23, 2017 11:44 am

Thank you! I talked to my oncology nurse and she said the same thing but it helps to hear from someone actually experiencing the same thing. I am so hopeful the effects are less because this treatment has been rough to say the least. I know some seem to sail right through it but it's kicking my butt!
Dx dec 2016/ 43 yrs old
Tumor removal Jan 2017
Dx stage three/ 2 lymph nodes out of 12
Started folfox feb 2017
Stopped oxi after 8 cycles

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”