Symptoms but no diagnosis. What should I do?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Lemoncake

Symptoms but no diagnosis. What should I do?

Postby Lemoncake » Tue May 16, 2017 9:13 am

In 2014, I noticed small amounts of fresh red blood coating stool. I went to the doctor. They couldn't find hemorrhoids or a fissure so they did a sigmoidoscopy. It was normal. In 2015, I moved out of state. Still had the same symptoms so I went to a new doctor. He did a sigmoidoscopy. Normal. I wasn't satisfied and went to another doctor who did a colonoscopy. Normal. Not even hemorrhoids. No explanation. Said probably just from constipation/hard stools which I've had my entire life. They also did an endoscopy which was perfectly normal.

I still have fresh blood, in small amounts. I am no longer on health insurance so everything I do is out of pocket and I'm frustrated!!

Do I need another colonoscopy? I am just so lost. Every time I see blood I freak out.

Bev G
Facebook Username: Bev Golde

Re: Symptoms but no diagnosis. What should I do?

Postby Bev G » Tue May 16, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi. If you've had a normal colonoscopy, I think you can relax. Try to stop worrying and relish your great results!

Best wishes to you.
58 yo Type1 DM 48 years
12/09 Stage IV 2/22 nodes + liver met, colon resec
3 tx FOLFIRI, liver resec 4/10
9/10 6 mos off chemo, Neg PET&CTC CEA nl
2/11 finished total 10 rounds chemo

9/13 ^17th clean PET/CT NED for now

Lemoncake

Postby Lemoncake » Tue May 16, 2017 12:25 pm

Bev G wrote:Hi. If you've had a normal colonoscopy, I think you can relax. Try to stop worrying and relish your great results!

Best wishes to you.

Thanks for your input. I just see stories about how its easy to miss something (even though I had 2 sig's and 1 colonoscopy) and it runs in my family. I would feel better knowing its coming from SOMETHING. But they cant give me any explanation.

LPL

Postby LPL » Tue May 16, 2017 12:47 pm

Hi Lemoncake,
you wrote:
Said probably just from constipation/hard stools which I've had my entire life.

I am a caregiver on this Forum, I'm not diagnosed with CRC nor am I a Health professional - I do not know what you have tried to do to resolve the problem with hard Stool? But I can share that what has helped me is adding probiotic and Resistant Starch.
I can not think of anything more you can do to find out why you see blood in your Stool. Hoping others can advice more.
Kind Regards /L
Last edited by LPL on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DH @ 65 DX 4/11/16 CC recto-sigmoid junction
Adenocarcenoma 35x15x9mm G3(biopsi) G1(surgical)
Mets 3 Liver resectable
T4aN1bM1a IVa 2/9 LN
MSS, KRAS-mut G13D
CEA & CA19-9: 5/18 2.5 78 8/17 1.4 48 2/14/17 1.8 29
4 Folfox 6/15-7/30 (b4 liver surgery) 8 after
CT: 8/8 no change 3/27/17 NED->Jan-19 mets to lung NED again Oct-19 :)
:!: Steroid induced hyperglycemia dx after 3chemo
Surgeries 2016: 3/18 Emergency colostomy
5/23 Primary+gallbl+stoma reversal+port 9/1 Liver mets
RFA 2019: Feb & Oct lung mets

Lemoncake

Postby Lemoncake » Tue May 16, 2017 12:51 pm

LPL wrote:Hi Lemoncake,
you wrote:
Said probably just from constipation/hard stools which I've had my entire life.

I am a caregiver on this Forum, I'm not diagnosed with CRC nor am I a Health professional - I do not know what you have tried to do to resolve the problem with hard Stool? But I can share that what has helped me is adding probiotic and Resistant Starch.
I can not think of anything more you can do to find out why you see blood in your Stool. Hoping others can advice more.
Kind Regards /Lena

I've tried it all - probiotics to metamucil which made it worse. The probiotics were fine but didn't cause the blood to stop. I am trying to save up for another colonoscopy but they're very expensive. I just feel lost.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”