Cryo and Microwave ablation scheduled for lung mets

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
behconsult

Cryo and Microwave ablation scheduled for lung mets

Postby behconsult » Thu May 11, 2017 5:48 pm

Hello everyone, I am bouncing my plan off the universe for feedback. I have four areas on my pet that light up. Two are seen on ct and all believed to be mets 1 cm and 6 mm). I have been on Avastin and Xeloda "for life." I have pushed and pushed to get my tumor burden reduced and after numerous consults (thoracic surgery; radiation oncology, Cleveland Clinic second opinion) I have finally got a interventional radiologist to do the cryo and microwave ablation next week.

I have asked my onc to restart my chemo regimen for 6 cycles to address micro mets if possible after the procedure; Then wait and see.
While everyone is finally accepting my plan. Everyone thinks chemo for life is the way to go. The cleveland clinic doc thinks I should do SBRT instead. The issue with SBRT is that the results are very similar to ablation and that it does more damage to respiratory function. Then chemo for life.

The reality is my genetic profile is fatal within 10-12 months from time of dx and not treatable by chemo. I am a statistical outlier as I am 3 years out, able to work, and my lesions have actually shrank some while on chemo. Thank God.

Does my plan sound solid? I think reducing tumor burden is always the way to go. I will be ned and everything is the same; it took two years for me to need chemo after initial primary removed and chemo completed. I am thinking at worst, I get close to a two year break off chemo. Any ablation stories? Bob
Stage 4 Age 56 BrafV660E 5/14
spot on perit/ Right side tumor
Resctn 6/9/2014
Folfox strt 7/2014. 6 of 12 tx
Chemo induced DM2
Pet 4 mets to lung (1 cm, 6 mm) Xeloda/Avastin 9/16 to present.
Cryo-ablation to four spots- Collapsed lung/chest tube 2x
Possible local recurrence in a spot or two on PET. Stable CT

Lee

Re: Cryo and Microwave ablation scheduled for lung mets

Postby Lee » Thu May 11, 2017 6:14 pm

I don't have any experience with cryo and microwave ablation, butt I'm gonna wish you much success with it. I will also throw this out there, 2 people on CT who have had success when traditional chemo has failed.

Sleen was given months to live and is NED today. Her success has been featured on major newspapers and TV networks. Here is her thread.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49736

BeansMama has had great success on Keytruda when all other chemos have failed her. Here is her most recent thread, notice her signature line.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49736

Maybe something to consider. All the best with your upcoming procedure.

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”