So I did Flex Sigmoidoscopy today for tattooing and to check if tumor is still there. The tumor is totally gone. My mind is racing as at one point this is GREAT news, but worried about if the doctor is going to push on to do surgery and why if no tumor. Awaiting biopsy results again from the flex sig, but if negative, I think I should ask about watch and wait, because I rather not do surgery if I am cured by chemo radiation. This is great news, and I am very happy that I had CCR. Like some others here. I really hope things turn out like Weisssoccermon and PRS and some others, I would love to not do surgery and move on with my life.
I have totally changed my diet, no red meat since December 2016. Drink Soursop Tea, that my mother makes from the tree leaves, and 4 water bottles a day. Battle goes on, but I am going to do everything I can to never have a recurrence.
Will update once I here from Surgeon next week regarding results.
Diagnosed at 38 y/o male, 3 kids 7,9,14 - Now 39.
Chemo Rad, CCR - W&W 5/2017
Local Recurrence, discuss options 11/26/2017
CT Scan 11/2017 Liver Met 5.5cm Stable, Stage IV
Port Scheduled for 12/15/2017, folfox/oxapalatin + avastin starts on the 12/20/2017
Blood Clot in Neck 1/16/2018, stop avastin, continue FolFox