Atezolizumab & Cobimetinib in microsatellite stable

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
ACPdiddy
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:01 pm
Facebook Username: Albert Pierce

Atezolizumab & Cobimetinib in microsatellite stable

Postby ACPdiddy » Mon May 01, 2017 12:56 pm

This is old news for me, but maybe of interest here. I'm on the Atezo/Cobi phase 1b trial. I'm microsatellite stable, K-RAS mutant. FOLFOX didn't help me much and FOLFIRI didn't help at all. I entered the trial in January 2016.

My side effects have been pretty manageable. The only reliable side effect is acne on my face and shoulders/chest while I'm on the Cobi. It started out pretty nasty as acne goes, but became less aggressive as the treatment went on. It's generally a significantly better quality of life than my first 2 rounds of chemo.

My first scan after treatment started showed a ~25% shrinkage. The second scan (4 months in) showed over 30% reduction, so I became a "responder". The tumors continued to shrink over many months and eventually showed ~60% reduction. In January of 2017 one of my "innumerable" tumors started to grow, despite Atezo/Cobi. My doc got permission to irradiate that tumor while keeping me on the trial. That worked well, but the next set of scans showed a couple of other tumors starting to grow again. So I'm still on the trial, but maybe not for much longer. Because of my start date in 2016 and my dose schedule (Cobi 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off) I know that I am not included in the results that were reported at ASCO 2016 on this trial. I was the first patient at MGH to get on that trial and my doc says MGH had "a couple of responses" to the combo. So there have been more responders on that trial than the four originally reported.

I'm happy to answer questions about this combo/trial if people have them.

Lee
Posts: 5724
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:09 pm

Re: Atezolizumab & Cobimetinib in microsatellite stable

Postby Lee » Mon May 01, 2017 5:55 pm

A simple bump for those who did not see it the 1st time.

Thank you for your input and support,

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 10 years and counting!

User avatar
Maia
Posts: 2443
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:00 am

Re: Atezolizumab & Cobimetinib in microsatellite stable

Postby Maia » Thu May 04, 2017 7:34 pm

Albert, very glad to hear that you had such a good response!
We are seeing more and more responses from MSS patients, with different mutations, from immunotherapy trials. So far, several have good responses and later there is progression, but that doesn't stop them from going for other immunotherapy trial, for hopefully more time with responses and tolerable side effects. You can see some posts in this forum, but if you're interested, you could join a private group of people, on Facebook, who are all doing or looking for different MSS clinical trials --immunotherapy mainly. Just PM me, if you're interested.
You can see a link to a curated clinical trials finder on my signature --the database is curated by Tom Marsilje, user DK37 in this forum, a stage IV patient, scientist and patient advocate
I know people on a similar trial with the addition of Avastin, and people obtaining atezolizumab and cobimetinib from the companies that produce them, out of trial, when their oncologists prescribe them --pharmas have access programs so insurance cover that. Well, it used to be that way, in USA; not sure if that will last.
Wishing you the best with this trial and with the next immunotherapy combo! :)

mariane
Posts: 630
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: Atezolizumab & Cobimetinib in microsatellite stable

Postby mariane » Thu May 04, 2017 8:42 pm

Thank you very much for the information!
This gives us so much hope!
I wonder whether there were KRAS wild patients who responded to this trial? Maia - do you know it, maybe??
mom of now 9 years old twins, dx @ 40 in 6/2015 with upper rectal cancer, 10+ liver mets, CEA 140
chemo: 8/2015 - 10/2016 - 4xFOLFIRINOX, 2xFOLFOX, 8xFOLFIRI, 10x5FU, HAI pump -12xFUDR
4 surgeries, complete pathological response
CEA<2 since 10/2015
NED since May 2016

I praise God for every day with my family!

User avatar
Maia
Posts: 2443
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:00 am

Re: Atezolizumab & Cobimetinib in microsatellite stable

Postby Maia » Thu May 04, 2017 9:35 pm

mariane wrote:I wonder whether there were KRAS wild patients who responded to this trial? Maia - do you know it, maybe??

It was such small cohort --I'm talking about ASCO annual meeting paper: 23 patients: 22 were KRAS mutant and 1 KRAS wild.
I think it is remarkably that this worked for KRAS mutant but we wouldn't conclude from it that it won't work for KRAS wild --until that point, it was simply not tried on enough patients KRAS wild : )

mariane
Posts: 630
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: Atezolizumab & Cobimetinib in microsatellite stable

Postby mariane » Thu May 04, 2017 10:16 pm

Thank you, Maia!
mom of now 9 years old twins, dx @ 40 in 6/2015 with upper rectal cancer, 10+ liver mets, CEA 140
chemo: 8/2015 - 10/2016 - 4xFOLFIRINOX, 2xFOLFOX, 8xFOLFIRI, 10x5FU, HAI pump -12xFUDR
4 surgeries, complete pathological response
CEA<2 since 10/2015
NED since May 2016

I praise God for every day with my family!

mariane
Posts: 630
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:16 pm

Re: Atezolizumab & Cobimetinib in microsatellite stable

Postby mariane » Thu May 04, 2017 10:19 pm

I try to follow all the new research to have some back up plan...
mom of now 9 years old twins, dx @ 40 in 6/2015 with upper rectal cancer, 10+ liver mets, CEA 140
chemo: 8/2015 - 10/2016 - 4xFOLFIRINOX, 2xFOLFOX, 8xFOLFIRI, 10x5FU, HAI pump -12xFUDR
4 surgeries, complete pathological response
CEA<2 since 10/2015
NED since May 2016

I praise God for every day with my family!

ACPdiddy
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:01 pm
Facebook Username: Albert Pierce

Re: Atezolizumab & Cobimetinib in microsatellite stable

Postby ACPdiddy » Fri May 05, 2017 12:33 pm

Maia wrote:You can see some posts in this forum, but if you're interested, you could join a private group of people, on Facebook, who are all doing or looking for different MSS clinical trials --immunotherapy mainly. Just PM me, if you're interested.
You can see a link to a curated clinical trials finder on my signature --the database is curated by Tom Marsilje, user DK37 in this forum, a stage IV patient, scientist and patient advocate


Hi Maia, I'd love to join that Facebook group, but I can't figure out how to PM you.

Also, I really appreciate the clinical trial database you guys have put together. I'm also a scientist (a chemist) and have been keeping a list of interesting clinical trials that I might qualify for. It's a LOT of work, and I still missed a number of trials I found in your database. Thank you!

User avatar
Maia
Posts: 2443
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:00 am

Re: Atezolizumab & Cobimetinib in microsatellite stable

Postby Maia » Sat May 06, 2017 9:49 am

PM sent Albert!

deebashari
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:51 am

Re: Atezolizumab & Cobimetinib in microsatellite stable

Postby deebashari » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:40 am

Maia wrote:Albert, very glad to hear that you had such a good response!
We are seeing more and more responses from MSS patients, with different mutations, from immunotherapy trials. So far, several have good responses and later there is progression, but that doesn't stop them from going for other immunotherapy trial, for hopefully more time with responses and tolerable side effects. You can see some posts in this forum, but if you're interested, you could join a private group of people, on Facebook, who are all doing or looking for different MSS clinical trials --immunotherapy mainly. Just PM me, if you're interested.
You can see a link to a curated clinical trials finder on my signature --the database is curated by Tom Marsilje, user DK37 in this forum, a stage IV patient, scientist and patient advocate
I know people on a similar trial with the addition of Avastin, and people obtaining atezolizumab and cobimetinib from the companies that produce them, out of trial, when their oncologists prescribe them --pharmas have access programs so insurance cover that. Well, it used to be that way, in USA; not sure if that will last.
Wishing you the best with this trial and with the next immunotherapy combo! :)


I’m interested in the Facebook discussion group. How can I join?


Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BUD2016 and 30 guests