Odd Feeling

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Karen1968

Odd Feeling

Postby Karen1968 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:38 pm

I had a reversal don't November 18, 2015 and have been doing great but in the past couple weeks or so ive been having this off pressure feeling in the left side in the same place where they reconnected me .. I don't feel any swelling or anything or any unusual buldge. Kind of worried... Making my anxiety go through the roof and I'm afraid to see the Dr cause I'm scared he will want to put the bag back on me and that again is my worst nightmare... Any thoughts as to what it could be?

KElizabeth
Facebook Username: KElizabeth

Re: Odd Feeling

Postby KElizabeth » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:33 am

I have no reversal experience, so I have nothing to offer there, but I really believe you should bring this up with your doctor. Just for example, It may be a tear in rectus muscle from incision or something similar, that would not jeopardize your reversal but could get worse if not taken care of properly.
I've let things go until disaster too many times. I think now I have finally learned to listen to my body and just go to the doctor even when it feels silly.

I hope you feel better soon.
Elizabeth
Female age 39- ,2 teens.
Colon Cancer - DX March 2013
Age 34 at DX - Stage III B
Resection surgery -May 2013
FOLFOX - June, 2013 to Sept, 2013
5FU plus leukavorin Sept, 2013 to Dec, 2013
METs liver and lungs discovered Sept, 2015
KRAS - MSS
FOLFIRI plus Avastin - Sept, 2015 - July 2017
Durvalumab and Cediranib Sept 2017 Dec 17
FOLFOX with desensitization protocol - current

Eternal optimist

Postby Eternal optimist » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:13 pm

I have similar 'odd feelings' around my previous stoma site and (less so) around my resection site. I have been told its adhesions and other scar tissue. Mostly I have a pulling sensation- which is the scar tissue not being flexible, but I also get a pressure feeling and some crampy pain when I have a partial bowel blockage due to the adhesions or even just a general upset bowel. Bowel blockages happens for me after a big meal or if im dehydrated so I can prevent/ manage it now fine. My team were not particularly interested (as my scans and were clear and I am managing ok)- if it is adhesions you can manage it through diet or operate if necessary but this is a last resort because surgery would likely cause more adhesions again. Definitely ask your Dr about it- whatever it is it is much better to sort it out when it is an annoyance for you rather than waiting untill it is an emergency, and what they have to say will most likely put yoir mind at rest. I hope you feel better soon
Diagnosed age 34 in Feb 2015, sigmoid tumour & PALNs
CapOx Mar-Oct 15
Resection of colon and PALNs Dec 15 -T3a N2 M1a
Xeloda Apr- Nov 16
Dec 16 - PALN recurrence, Radiotherapy
Aug 17 - FDG uptake in para aortic and retro peritoneal nodes, peritoneum, ovary plus small nodues on lungs. Only enlarged PALNs and small lung nodules visible on CT, but possible spine mets seen.
Sept 17 Folfiri and Cetuximab
April 18 NED
July 18 -surgery to examine what turned out to be a benign peritoneal inclusion cyst

TXLiz

Postby TXLiz » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:21 pm

I am so new here and didn't have the surgery and issues you have...but...on my right side, where I had my tumor removed, sometimes I feel a slight twinge, pulling, or heaviness when I have to have a bowel movement.

I am not even a year out from surgery and I haven't mentioned it to my onc, but I will.

I feel I get the twingey feeling because of my surgery and removal of part of my colon. After all, our bodies are working differently now, right?

I hope it's nothing! Take care!
Vomiting and blockage 9/19/16 46 y F
R hemi colectomy 9/20/16
Stage 3 B CRC, located in cecum
3 out of 16 lymph nodes positive
perineural invasion/lymphovascular invasion
infiltrating, mod differentiated adenocarcinoma with a mucinous component
separate tumor nodules present in pericolonic adipose tissue
MSI-high
Baseline PET scan clear 9/16 CEA 0.5
FOLFOX 10/16- 3/17
April 16th, CT scan clear. CEA 1.1
Lynch "inconclusive"
Colonoscopy 10/5/2017 clear

tarheelmom

Postby tarheelmom » Mon May 01, 2017 8:27 pm

Whenever my colon is "full," I get a pinching pain right underneath the ileostomy scar. I asked the physical therapist about it, and she says it is quite common to have adhesions from surgery that can cause weird feelings as the digestive system expands and contracts. She showed me how to massage the area to help loosen the adhesion. It sort of grosses me out to touch the scar (it's very lumpy underneath) so my husband does it. It's not a big deal so for the most part I ignore it.
52 y at dx, mom to 4
DX: RC on 2/22/2016
Stage I, T2N0M0, 0/32 LN
23 mm x 7 mm moderately differentiated invasive adenocarcinoma
3 cm from anal verge
4/12/16: ULAR, TME, & temp ileostomy
6/14/16: ileo reversal

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”