Another new Forum Member.

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Tdubz

Re: Another new Forum Member.

Postby Tdubz » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:26 pm

You are an ironman my friend. I try to walk at least a mile a day, but with the chest pain I have, it's impossible to do on treatment week. I feel weak on treatment week, can't imagine lifting weights now lol. I've also cut back to only 1 or 2 dex pills during treatment week so that might explain lower energy. I'll be honest, I wasn't the most in shape guy before. I'm probably in the better shape now than I have been in the last 10 years, which is sad and funny at the same time. Losing 40 lbs in a month is a good motivator for exercise lol.

I went into work last week. I think I can manage going in on off weeks just fine. Trying to work from home on treatment weeks but waiting for approval on that.

I did notice my cold sensitivity was much worse this go around. The past two times it was only a very slight sensitivity. It went away after a few days but the throat lingered on for a few more days after that. It wasn't to bad, just felt like something rough was in my throat each time I'd swallow something cold. It went away after day 7. Hands were good to go after day 3. No foot problems at all. This time around it was crazy. Tried drinking a milkshake and my entire mouth and throat exploded into a tingling sensation. Like when your hand falls asleep but more painful. Very strange sensation.

Hoping your round 2 is as easy as the first. It sounds like you live in a state that allows more alternative medicines. That sure would make these few days a lot more enjoyable lol.

Good luck

horizon

Postby horizon » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:27 am

benben wrote:
Tdubz wrote:You will feel like a new man next week and you have the holiday weekend. Gonna be a fun roller coaster ride for the next 6 months!

Pretty much right on Tdubz. I was down for just 1 day, back to 80% next and then pretty much full on from then on.
I worked everyday, including the 1 day of exhaustion, but just for 2 hours. I walked every day 2-4 miles, except for exhaustion day - I walked to mail box.
I did experience some mild chest pain around the port/liver/lung side a bit. I'm thinking it was just from lifting weights as I lifted the day before for about 30 minutes and had similar discomfort associated as when I first had port installed.
Perhaps I should limit the weight lifting to lifts that do not move the port.

Tomorrow is big day number 2 chemo session for me. I hope it will be as non-eventful as the first.

I was definitely sore for a while after the port was installed. Eventually it became a complete non-issue with regards to lifting weights. That tube the port is attached to looks so gross when it bends when you do pullups though. :shock:
I'm just a dude who still can't believe he had a resection and went through chemo (currently 13 years NED). Is this real life?

benben

Postby benben » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:07 pm

Tdubz wrote:You are an ironman my friend. I try to walk at least a mile a day, but with the chest pain I have, it's impossible to do on treatment week. I feel weak on treatment week, can't imagine lifting weights now lol. I've also cut back to only 1 or 2 dex pills during treatment week so that might explain lower energy. I'll be honest, I wasn't the most in shape guy before. I'm probably in the better shape now than I have been in the last 10 years, which is sad and funny at the same time. Losing 40 lbs in a month is a good motivator for exercise lol.

I went into work last week. I think I can manage going in on off weeks just fine. Trying to work from home on treatment weeks but waiting for approval on that.

I did notice my cold sensitivity was much worse this go around. The past two times it was only a very slight sensitivity. It went away after a few days but the throat lingered on for a few more days after that. It wasn't to bad, just felt like something rough was in my throat each time I'd swallow something cold. It went away after day 7. Hands were good to go after day 3. No foot problems at all. This time around it was crazy. Tried drinking a milkshake and my entire mouth and throat exploded into a tingling sensation. Like when your hand falls asleep but more painful. Very strange sensation.

Hoping your round 2 is as easy as the first. It sounds like you live in a state that allows more alternative medicines. That sure would make these few days a lot more enjoyable lol.

Good luck

Well it was second week that I was lifting weights. I did do some 15 minute bicep workouts with pump - nothing much.
Walking helps a lot for me, both physically, and mentally. Feels good to be out taking in some sun, smelling flowers, seeing trees and the blue sky.
Yes Washington is MJ friendly. I've tapered down my use, just one CBD mint in the morning and 1:1 CBD/THC candy at night. Keeps nausea at bay, while increasing appetite, and inducing sleep.
Working from home helps. I'm self employed and have multiple streams of income. I can't imagine going in to work somewhere. Especially during pump days.

I'm in chair now, getting DEX pumped in.
Had some less than good news on my LABs. My white blood cell count is low, but not low enough to postpone treatment according to the ONC.
They want to give me 2 injections of Granix before next treatment.
:(

Everything else is in check including blood sugar. I didn't eat before labs this time.
----------------------
3/29/17 diagnosed CRC - 44 y/o Male
4/17/17 ULAR - Straight anastomosis - no ostomy.
Path: low grade T3n1m0 - moderate diff.
KRAS - NO, MLH1/PMS2/MSH6/MSH2 - Normal.
5/3 med port install
5/22 folfox - first treatment.
3rd treat, delayed - low ANC - reduced to 90% OXI
zarxio all treats
Treat 7 - 75% OXI
Treats 8-12 - NO OXI, Luke & 5FU
10/20/17 CT- NED
3/18 Scope - Clean
11/8 PORT OUT!
7/22 CT - NED (5 years!)

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”