Moviprep jelly?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Usedtoberoche

Moviprep jelly?

Postby Usedtoberoche » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:29 am

Hi
I've just made up my first batch of moviprep and gagged at the smell making it up! Strong gag reflex and generally unable to take large liquid quantities

Has anyone tried making jelly with it and eating! I have a lime jelly pack and am wondering if it would work?

Thanks

horizon

Re: Moviprep jelly?

Postby horizon » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:20 pm

I doubt that would work. You have to drink so much much moviprep. That would be a ton of eating. I feel you pain because I'm gagging just thinking about it. I've found that a small packet of crystal light poured into the large container does help.
I'm just a dude who still can't believe he had a resection and went through chemo (currently 13 years NED). Is this real life?

Ron50

Postby Ron50 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:50 pm

I have just had a scope with moviprep. I came close to losing the lot a couple of times with both the evening and morning doses. There is no way to make it pleasant. I just pour it down as quickly as possible and flush the taste away with lots of water. It did a good job and my GI was happy with the result. I was not so happy, four polyps between four and eleven mm. They grew in just 3 years since my last scope thanks to the cyclosporine I take for auto-immune kidney disease. Ron.
dx 1/98
st 3 c 6 nodes
48 sessions 5Fu/levamisole
no recurrence cea <.5
numerous l/t side effects of chemo

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:33 pm

I found what works for me, drink it slower. If you are suppose to drink 8 oz every 15 mins. I would drink 8 oz every 20+ minutes and just take it slower. A nurse once told me, the directions they give you are for the latest time slot they want you to start the prep procedures. It's okay to start earlier if you want, which is what I do. Usually around noon.

Good luck,

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

horizon

Postby horizon » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:11 pm

Lee wrote:I found what works for me, drink it slower. If you are suppose to drink 8 oz every 15 mins. I would drink 8 oz every 20+ minutes and just take it slower. A nurse once told me, the directions they give you are for the latest time slot they want you to start the prep procedures. It's okay to start earlier if you want, which is what I do. Usually around noon.

I was years into this before I realized that I was filling a 16 oz cup each time when I was supposed to be doing 8 oz. :shock:
I'm just a dude who still can't believe he had a resection and went through chemo (currently 13 years NED). Is this real life?

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:49 pm

Usedtoberoche wrote:Has anyone tried making jelly with it and eating! I have a lime jelly pack and am wondering if it would work?

I seriously think this would be the world's best Spring Break party gag :
.... => purgative lime jelly shots ! :shock:
Seriously folks, let us know if you make it work, and NO I won't come over for coffee and dessert :mrgreen:

MORE seriously, I have chirped and chimed in here for the past 9 years :

PICO SALAX is the best scopin' prep I have ever encountered
( Prepopik in the US )

Best wishes
CRguy
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”