Hi Achilles, yes FolFox+Avastin currently has been very good to us. As of today, visit w/Onc, we will do 1 more chemo treatment at end of April then a CT scan in May. Then it will be a decision with our Onc at Roswell with Final approval from the MSKCC Onc on the treatment Plan moving forward. (possible chemo break) My frustration lies with really nothing has been addresses or discussed about the lungs. I understand the waiting game with CRC, but I guess I have to train myself to be more patient. So we are trying to educate ourselves about lung surgeries (not worried about colon tumor yet)…. As u can see from my wife’s sig, small multiple lung mets will need to discussed at some point.
Hi Jacques – Yes we had our first apt w/MSKCC. Essentially they are in agreement with Roswell’s approach with nothing discussed about lung mets. MSKCC will advise and approve all proposed treatments in the future. We have a follow-up with Sloan once we complete chemo and CT scan in Mid May. I do like the idea of tasking the Sloan Dr. to come up with a contingency plan.
Believe it or not, since I joined this Forum, first I found out about VATS, then investigating this further, we found out that Roswell has a VATS surgeon on staff. My Onc @ Roswell has made no mention of that … weird ! Also, we have been in contact with Dr Rosenburg’s Nurse at NIH/NCI but that’s another day if chemo goes south on us.
I want to thank you both to responding to us. Looks like we still have research to do. Thanks, Be well !
Caregiver for Wife 52 yrs old
DX:11/16-CC sigmoid colon
Lung Mets: Bilateral ranging 4mm-1.5cm
MSS, KRAS-mut G12D; TP53;
Completed 12 rounds Folfox/Avastin + Oxi 11/16 to 5/17, 8/17 Start Xeloda + Avastin
CT Scans: 5/17 colon & lung met shrinkage,11/17 and 1/18 disease progression lungs/colon
NCI TIL Trial - 1/18 VATs lung surgery 3 mets wedge resect
CEA: 16 - 11/16; 0.6 - 5/17; 3.0 - 11/17; 4.4 - 1/18; 5.7 - 2/18