Hemorrhoid banding, my experience

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
CLD

Hemorrhoid banding, my experience

Postby CLD » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:09 am

A rectal bleeding episode 2 weeks ago led me to my 1st GI apt yesterday. I had a bad diarrhea episode at 4 AM (which I'm attributing to eating too much melon) then at 8 PM that night, while sitting on the floor playing with my kids, I felt a very wet feeling in my pants. I had bleed through my underwear, pajamas, and onto the carpet. I called the GI the next day. Now, I'm guessing my hemorrhoids caused the bleeding, but I've been on Colon Talk too long to know to not assume anything! The dr immediately said he'd do a colonoscopy, although he didn't anticipate any issues. So in the meantime, I asked him to remove the hemorrhoids. The rectal exam was kind of what I expected, unpainful but awkward. The dr banded 1 of them and said he would do 2 others after scope. Anyhow, I find the band to be extremely painful. I've been awake since 4 AM and can't fall back asleep from the pain. I feel constant rectal fullness and abdominal pressure. As a woman, I feel like its the closest I'll come to feeling like I got kicked in the "nuts". I took Tylenol 2x and it does seem to help. An online search revealed many people have pain with this procedure and that the problem may last a couple days. Anyhow, I wanted to share with you all knowing that many of you may consider this treatment at some point and you can anticipate what to expect.
Wife to DH/ Father of 6 (age 42 at dx) diagnosed Jan 2015 stage IIIC
Tumor deposit in mesentery 13/24 lymph nodes +
CEA at dx: 5
MSS
Low Grade/Mod. Diff.
FOLFOX 6 months
N.E.D until June 2018
PET Scan 6/18
Biopsy confirms cancer in 3 Paraaortic lymph nodes
Folfiri + Avastin (6tx) and Xeloda during radiation
Cancer all over both lungs dx Jan 2019
FOLFIRI +AVASTIN presently

Sams wife

Re: Hemorrhoid banding, my experience

Postby Sams wife » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:19 am

So when is the scope? I hope soon. I'm sure I have already told you, but I'll put it here too.
I have a hemerhoid. They never suggested anything for it (banding). Maybe because mine wasnt bleeding a bunch?
But one of my 2 polyps were precancerous. I'm glad you are getting checked. I think the age needs to be changed from 50 to 40! Something! Way to many young people ending up on this website. I hate to see that. Good luck! Sorry about the hemmeroid too : (
Husband dx 1/13/15 St.2 CEA 7.1
Chemo/25rad 2/15 till 4/24/15
5FU/leucovorin
Surgery 6/8/2015 Stage IIa T3N0MX microscopic cancer left
Watching 4 lung spots
0/5 lymph nodes. Lap. APR
25% less 5FU/leucovorin 7/14/2015 x 26 CEA 3.4
25% more 5fu 9/2015
9/16/15 CEA 7.7
1/16/16 @ 9.2 during allergy?
3/16 New lung spot 4x4 mm
6/16 CEA 6.9 spot 5x5

CLD

Re: Hemorrhoid banding, my experience

Postby CLD » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:25 pm

Hi Sams wife!!!! Scope is May 3 at 3:40, not happy about the time but that's the closest they had. I'm glad dr ordered the scope but I'm not expecting him to find anything (famous last words!) And the pain from the banding disappeared after 24 hours. Hope all is well.
Wife to DH/ Father of 6 (age 42 at dx) diagnosed Jan 2015 stage IIIC
Tumor deposit in mesentery 13/24 lymph nodes +
CEA at dx: 5
MSS
Low Grade/Mod. Diff.
FOLFOX 6 months
N.E.D until June 2018
PET Scan 6/18
Biopsy confirms cancer in 3 Paraaortic lymph nodes
Folfiri + Avastin (6tx) and Xeloda during radiation
Cancer all over both lungs dx Jan 2019
FOLFIRI +AVASTIN presently