Colonoscopy is tomorrow!

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
bmason01

Colonoscopy is tomorrow!

Postby bmason01 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:29 am

First off, I hope everyone has had a great weekend and is starting the week off well!

I'm a 28 year old male with a colonoscopy appt next week.

Some background info. Years ago, i would say 7 or 8ish, I had my first, and currently only colonoscopy done because I was having some severe issues with passing a stool and some very light blood on the TP when wiping. Had the procedure, no polyps were found, and was told IBS.

Since that time, I have always had an uneasy stomach. Bathroom vists after meals were virtually a guarantee.

Fast forwarding to within the last year, I have had excessive amounts of passing gas daily. Like, a really excessive amount. Chalked up to being IBS. Along with that, I have full body fatigue almost on a daily basis. Which has caused me to gain a lot of weight due to not exercising and a terrible, really terrible, diet.

Made my appt last week with the gastro Dr. for some swallowing/belching issues I have been having. She made two appts. One for an endoscopy, and one for a colonoscopy.

Had the endo earlier this week, was told they found a mild ring st the bottom of the esophagus, that they were able to remove. And severe gastritis with no bleeding. They did biopsies and such, and I'm waiting for those results now.

The day I get home from the endo, that afternoon, I start having crazy chills and sweats along with high fever and stomach discomfort. Went to the ER. Ran a blood count test And did a chest X-ray. All was normal except for a little high WBC. Doc said could be infection from procedure and prescribed antibiotics.

Fast fairward to early this morning, fever and chills are gone. Stomach discomfort is still there and spikes with pain. Back to the ER. ER performs a CT scan if abdomen, comes back "unremarkable ". Said he found something in my lung area and said it was pneumonia? I had virtually no coughing or shortness of breath, so this struck me as odd. Was discharged with antibiotics and was sent on my way.

So, a few questions. I'm a little Leary of what the colonoscopy will reveal, but with the CY scan being unremarkable, would that have shown if a mass was there? And the chest X-ray? Could the "thing"
He saw that he called pneumonia, actually be something sinister?

I'm resting today. Still have the stomach discomfort and excessive gas going. Stools are not very frequent , and when I do "go", it's small amounts and very light brown and stringy/small pellets.

Sorry for the lengthy post, would just love some insight from those here. Hope all is well.l, that well can be.

Thanks!
-Brent

Jacques

Re: Colonoscopy is tomorrow!

Postby Jacques » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:08 pm

For your colonoscopy appointment, be sure to do the prep so that you are completely cleaned out. The doctor needs to have a very clean colon in order to see things clearly.

Here's a post with some additional information on colonoscopy prep.

Colonoscopy prep
https://coloncancersupport.colonclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53348&p=422050#p422050
Last edited by Jacques on Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarknessEmbraced
Facebook Username: Riann Fletcher

Postby DarknessEmbraced » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:52 pm

I hope your colonoscopy went well!*hugs*
Diagnosed 10/28/14, age 36
Colon Resection 11/20/14, LAR (no illeo)
Stage 2a colon cancer, T3NOMO
Lymph-vascular invasion undetermined
0/22 lymph nodes
No chemo, no radiation
Clear Colonoscopy 04/29/15
NED 10/20/15
Ischemic Colitis 01/21/16
NED 11/10/16
CT Scan moved up due to high CEA 08/21/17
NED 09/25/17
NED 12/21/18
Clear colonoscopy 09/23/19
Clear 5 year scans 11/21/19- Considered cured! :)

Prayforme

Postby Prayforme » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi... hope you are ok

Did you get your results
Praying for you

TXLiz

Postby TXLiz » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:34 pm

Hoping your colonoscopy was unremarkable.

It's possible you could have other less complicated reasons for your symptoms. Still not fun, but not cancer.

My son had a lot of the same symptoms you are having and I insisted he have a colonoscopy. He did, and they found nothing.

Hope it's the same for you.
Vomiting and blockage 9/19/16 46 y F
R hemi colectomy 9/20/16
Stage 3 B CRC, located in cecum
3 out of 16 lymph nodes positive
perineural invasion/lymphovascular invasion
infiltrating, mod differentiated adenocarcinoma with a mucinous component
separate tumor nodules present in pericolonic adipose tissue
MSI-high
Baseline PET scan clear 9/16 CEA 0.5
FOLFOX 10/16- 3/17
April 16th, CT scan clear. CEA 1.1