Good news bad news

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Adezroz

Good news bad news

Postby Adezroz » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:59 pm

In November I was diagnosed with rectal cancer the ct scan showed spots on lung one spot liver I had six weeks chemo radiation three after I started chemo radiation I had a pet scan the only thing that showed up cancer was tumor in rectum the dr I saw said I don't know what's on your liver but it's not cancer and the lung thingies are just lung thingies the next appt I saw the other onc in the office he ordered a ct with contrast when I saw him for results he said the rectal tumor is shrinking however the liver spot shrank too from 2.9 to 2.1 he feels it must be cancer since it shrank lung things stayed same I feel so divastated I was so afraid of stage four and when she said it had not spread I was so happy now I am back afraid of spread again he wants me to have a liver biopsy I am so afraid what happens in an liver biopsy could a spot in liver shrank that is not cancer?
Last edited by Adezroz on Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lee

Re: Good news bad newd

Postby Lee » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:13 pm

Adezroz wrote: . . . I had a pet scan the only thing that showed up cancer was tumor in rectum the dr I saw said I don't know what's on your liver but it's not cancer and the lung thingies are just lung thingies . . .

That comment right there makes me wonder if it is cancer. PET scan should have lit up if it was cancer, or at least that is my understand. Not aware of something skrinking in liver, butt honestly I have little knowledge there. Hopefully someone will come along and give you an informed answer to that question.

Good luck,

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

dianetavegia
Facebook Username: Diane Weldy Tavegia

Re: Good news bad newd

Postby dianetavegia » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:45 pm

My liver met was 1.4 cm and only the very center lit up. If it shrunk, it's cancer. Your best bet for a cure is surgery before it is larger than 3 cm.

I have 3 lung thingys mm's that have been there since my very first CT scan before my original colon resection. They have never changed in any way.

I was told by doctors at several major hospitals through my buddy/ onc from Australia to refuse a liver biopsy. The needle can spread cancer if it is cancerous. Seeding is the term and it can spread cancer cells into areas that cannot be treated in the normal ways.

I refused the needle biopsy and went right to hepatic resection 5 years ago April 11th with no follow up chemo. That made me Stage IVa IVa because it was more than 2 years post dx when my met appeared.

I just had my liver/ abominal pelvic MRI / MRU on Monday and all was clear.

http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamasur ... cle/398409 Solitary Colorectal Liver Metastasis
Resection Determines Outcome
Stage III cc surgery 1/7/09. 12 tx FOLFOX
Stage IV PET = 1.5cm liver met. HR 4/11/12

14 years since dx and 11 years post liver resection.
Pronounced CURED and discharged by onc

“O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me.” Psalms 30:2

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”