Need some advice - handling accidents

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
recruiter
Facebook Username: Bill Wilson

Re: Need some advice - handling accidents

Postby recruiter » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:48 am

My bosses here are pretty understanding - but the complainant took it to corporate HR in North Carolina, which made the situation even more difficult, including undergoing questioning about whether I needed FMLA.

It's a pretty simple issue - the cumulative side effects of Avastin - and I'm taking one Immodium daily now to deal with it.

And all this in a building that is responsible for some of the issues - two male stalls and one business that refuses to allow male employees to use the restrooms it installed itself. I'm keeping that issue in my hip pocket in case this nonsense continues to escalate - and I have already spoken with an attorney friend about it.

So you have concluded correctly. It has been a difficult week, between the hassle and the worry surrounding all the furor. That's about all my last year has been, between the cancer and the loss of my best friend, my Mom.

With the great advice here, I think that I have built a firewall - hahahah - against further problems, but you wonder when you're dealing with someone willing to make a big stink - hahahah - at this level.

If I'm ever sure who it was ...
DX Stage 4 2/16 with lung mets
4/16 CT, PET show "marked improvement" in size and number of lung mets, rectal tumor.
8/16 "Great report" from scans, lung mets continue to shrink in size and number, CEA 1.6, cancer "in remission" but surgeon believes tumor remains too large.
10/16 Xrays for constipation problems reveal tumor occupies 25 percent of rectal canal: Occupied 80 percent upon diagnosis 2/16
12/16 Back on Avastin; tumor can be removed, but need better margins.

Lee

Re: Need some advice - handling accidents

Postby Lee » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:16 pm

Bill,

Glad to hear your bosses are very understanding. And it probably is wise to have the consult of an attorney. Hope the HR folks are also understand the whole situation. I really hope you can put this behind you (no pun intended :D ) the sooner the better. I've decided this certain individual causing this problem does not have a life, thus want to make those people around him/her as miserable as this person is.

(((Bill))) that this goes away in the next few days,

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”