Vaccine Clinical Trial

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Maelleous

Vaccine Clinical Trial

Postby Maelleous » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:49 pm

I was finally able to find and (looking positive) to get into a vaccine clinical trial. For those of you who hadn't seen my previous posts, I had 3 rounds of chemo and cardiac arrest on the 3rd round in December. I have been searching for other options to avoid reoccurance but the docs stated radiation wasn't worth the risk and I can't do anymore chemo.

I did learn that in early Jan the hospital did CT scans while I was on ice and everything was clean, that was a relief, so far so good. I am getting an S-ICD installed for my heart on the 28th (just in case, they are certain it was the chemo though, but you have higher risk once you had arrest once.) Then on March 14th flying to see about getting in the trail, they do all the tests then, and assuming I have no issues, can start on the first of 4 vaccines. Hopefully they work and later this year I get the reversal and smooth sailing! Done with this stuff!
M 35 yr
DX Rectal Cancer, 10/16 (symptoms Feb 2016)
Dx stage 2 - Surgery Oct 25 201 Loop ileo w/ j-pouch
Close margins within 1mm
9/38 lymph nodes involved on path / Stg IIIc,pT4, pN2 B, p.M0. MSS, K‐ras, NRAS, no mutation
Started Folfox - 3rd Treament, Dec 30th 2016 Cardiac Arrest - Lucky to be part of the 6% to survive!
S-ICD installed / Port Removed
Vaccine Clinical trial at UPMC - last shot June 2017
Reversal 8/1/17 - Praying this is it!
Still NED

Maia

Re: Vaccine Clinical Trial

Postby Maia » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:55 pm

I'm sending all my best so this can help you to prevent any recurrence, since chemo is not an option! Sending strong thoughts your way : )

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”