19th year fast approaching

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
Harleyman

19th year fast approaching

Postby Harleyman » Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:34 pm

Just a heads up and a bit of encouragment for those just recently diagnoised. On Sept 21St, 2006 will be my 19th year since i had my Colon cancer surgery and was freed from stage 4 colon cancer. i was 8 days after my 16th birthday that i was DSX. keep a stiff upper lip and tell the Dr's that it can happen and dont give up hope. dont let anyone tell you differant. pray For God's Will to be done in your situation. I know im still hear to help raise the awareness of this Disease and will continue my fight untill it is over with or im dead. I would also like to thank Molly for inviting me for next years colondar. what a gret bunch of people i got to meet and finally relize in my heart that i am not alone in this fight. as we come together we are all fighting everyday. Live each and everyday. dont stress on the little things. they will always work themseves out somehow. Peace all, god Bless and good luck

birdie

congratulations!!

Postby birdie » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:04 am

Wow, congratulations on your 19 years free of cancer!!
Thanks for letting us know, that's very encouraging. I can't imagine going through this at 16, such a hard age in itself. Thanks for the advice.
I'm so happy for you. Praise the Lord!!
God bless you,
Kris

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:02 am

Harley, you just made my day!

luv2teach

wow!

Postby luv2teach » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:47 pm

Im amazed at your success!! Good for you! Do you have HNPCC?

Harleyman

Postby Harleyman » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:50 am

forgive my ignorance but what is HNPCC

cbroughton

19th year

Postby cbroughton » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:12 am

Harley

What a wonderful post! Truly gives all of us hopeQ

Thank you

Candace

Harleyman

Postby Harleyman » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:36 pm

Im just glad that Everyone at the Colon Club was able to create such a wonderful gathering place for me to share My story and here of so many others and offer my encouragment. God Bless you all.

johnmeissner

Postby johnmeissner » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:46 pm

Thank you for writing Harleyman. I was DX at stage 1 on July 13th and had surgery 3 weeks ago. I am proud to say that I am now cancer free and that colon club has been an incredible support during my diagnosis, treatment and recovery. To hear your story gives us all hope that we can all kick colon cancer's ass!

Thanks for sharing.
Hi, I'm John. But you can call me NED! Meet our son Jimmy at http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn243/jimmymize/

Magnolia

Postby Magnolia » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:47 am

HNPCC is a genetic glitch that predisposes people to colon cancer, but is not the familial polyposis thing that causes hundreds of polyps in very young people. Hereditary Non-Polyposis Colon Cancer is also linked to GYN cancers, kidney and bladder cancers, and, I think, pancreatic and breast cancers. My family should be screened for it. I've had two uncles and an aunt with colon cancer, and the same aunt had bladder cancer. My grandmother had uterine cancer. It's not a dramatic family history, but it's more than average. BTW, one of my uncles survived his colon cancer, and my aunt survived both her colon and bladder cancers. I'm planning on surviving mine. We're tough people.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”