UPDATE ON OZONE Therapy from my "personal trial"

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
vilca11
Location: Moscow, Russia; Baltimore, USA 1992; Vilcabamba, Ecuador 2012

UPDATE ON OZONE Therapy from my "personal trial"

Postby vilca11 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:40 pm

Hello good people,

As I promised in my last post on CCT, here are the results of my experiment with Ozonotherapy for mCRC in Spain with Dr. Olmedo. For those, who do not want to read much more, the brief answer is - NO, it did not help me. Last MRI at Sloan a week ago showed progression and now (it was 25 mets on my liver) there are innumerable mets covering all liver....

Having said that, I have to say , that I saw a person in clinic who manages to maintain stable his pulmonary CRC mets and a person with a bladder ca, who was cured eight years ago by ozone and came back now with another ca. But my overall impression is that ozone is good for infections, anti-aging, kidney problems, arthritis, etc, not really for the advanced cancer. Good news - my wrinkles on the neck disappeared and skin looks young - great, I will go back HOME in good shape, young and beautiful :roll:

So, after a 1.5 years of sleeping in rental beds and travelling between 3 continents with the severe hip contusion and severe neuralgia of cervical spine, speaking foreign language (my Spanish got much better in Spain), I am back home in my Heaven on Earth... I asked if liver failure can happen without symptoms being present (edema, yellow skin, gases, ascites, weight loss, etc) - they do not have end of life care in Ecuador, well, may be in Quito, but not in my mountain region - and yes, it can, unfortunately. So, if it happens to me without symptoms (so far I do not have them), I will be doomed... no real help here... But if I have symptoms first, I will have time to fly to the USA to hospice. I do not know if I have mets in any other places in the body, we did not do PET for the last 8 mo, but it does not matter now. That is the situation.

I want to summarize the alternatives I tried thru my 5 years of battling mCRC (since nothing in traditional medicine helped me) - Berkson Clinic in New Mexico (helps in tons of autoimmune conditions) , Hoxey Clinic in Tijuana (there are thousands of handwritten notes in the journals on the table with gratitude for healing their cancer, thou), intermittent herbal, LEF supplements including Bio Curcumin double dose, could not hold on to ketogenic diet,marijuana oil 90 grams RSO in 4mo... I have a feeling that I am forgetting a couple of alternatives I've done, but cant remember anything anymore.... Anyway, for my cancer it was no help. I did not try laetrile, carrot juice, oleander soup, colloidal silver, MSM , Gerson Therapy or simply juicing/raw food, Budwig diet, or other more complex and expensive things Cancer Tutor writes about, or clinics they are fond of (BS!). I tried only things I personally had reasons to think, that they might be helpful, usually after the science data. Just trying to give you a sense what does not work for our advanced cancer, in case anyone is desperate to try. I am sure that Gerson Therapy can at least prolong your life, but who wants to live like that for the rest of your life? May be Budwig is worth a try and MSM for cleansing, but I am too tired of trying... I am letting it go... And I do not want to travel again for clinical trials either....

If I remember anything else important to note, I will add to this post later. To say I am disappointed in my results - to say nothing... I was sure that direct ozone to liver (yes, I used my HAI pump to put ozone directly into hepatic artery) will not just sustain, but cure mCRC... 10 passes via IV is great, but it was clear to me that it cant cure, and that was what I aimed for...Well, Russians say:
"Fakir was drunk and focus pocus did not happen" ...

Hugs and best in treatments to everyone.
Stella (Vilca)
11/2005 CC stage 1, F,50yo@dx
Mod dif adenocar, MSS, APC, TP53, CEAs1.6-4.8
1/12 1met liver@Vena Cava, RFA, 3oxi,11 5FU
8/13 2 mets same place,SBRT
4/14 2 Xeliri+Avastin
5/14 Nano Knife liver same 2 mets
6/14 2 Xeliri, ADAPT
4/15 PET, 2 same mets,Cryo Liver
5/15 MJ Oil, Herbs, Suppl, ADAPT
10/15 PET, same area, doubled in size, high SUV
10/15 RH, HAI, visceral involv., no LN
2/16 red FF, 50% red dose FUDR, CEA trends up
3/16 CT, PET, MRI L.Lobe all in small tumors
4/16 No acceptable options, going home

lpas

Re: UPDATE ON OZONE Therapy from my "personal trial"

Postby lpas » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:55 pm

I'm so very sorry to hear that, Stella. Unfortunately it appears that ozone therapy wasn't effective for Hawk either. Thanks for coming back to update on your efforts. Was just thinking of you the other day and wondering how you were doing. I wish there's a way we could talk you into trying an immunotherapy trial but it sounds like you've made up your mind (and I know you aren't one to be easily swayed from your chosen course!).

Wishing you peace and happiness in your beloved Vilcabamba.
11/14 Dx sigmoid CC @ 45yo
12/14 Colectomy + hysterectomy
Stage IIIB, T3N1bM0, 2/20 nodes, MSS, G2, KRAS(A146T), TP53, SMAD4, ERBB2, CEA 1.0
2/15-7/15 XELOX & celecoxib
2/19 clean scope
11/19 clean CT
Ongoing cimetidine & other targeted supplements
Mom to a 6 & 8yo

jortego128

Postby jortego128 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:15 pm

Thank you for the update Stella, and I am so sorry that you were not able to find a treatment to cure the cancer. You are a true fighter. We will keep you in our prayers.
DM 57 yrs old dx 6/8/15 T:4a N:1b M:1
KRAS G12D and TP53 C242fs mutations
Poorly Differentiated, Prominent Signet Ring Component(~50%)
Microsatellite Stable, 3 of (13)lymph nodes positive
15 Liver mets, largest 3.2 cm
Prim. Resection, Right Hemicolectomy 6/21/15
Start Chemo 7/20/15
2 rounds FOLFOX, 1 round FOLFOX +Avastin
CT 8/28/15, met growth, largest 4.5cm
4 rounds FOLFOX+Avastin
CT 11/06/15 mets stable, lungs clear
Begin FOLFIRI+Avastin 11/17/15, Stop chemo 1/26/16
Entered Paradise 3/11/2016

Stanfordmom

Postby Stanfordmom » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:55 pm

Sorry to hear that, Stella.
Sending you love, hugs, and positive thoughts...

Sha
DX 4/2/2014 at 44, stage 4, mets liver and ovaries
Mom to 2 boys
Three surgeries, HAI pump and lots of chemo
fighting!

stu

Postby stu » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:24 am

Hi ,
Thanks for taking the time to update and your honesty. I am deeply sorry it did not give you better results but I am pleased your heading home .
Take special care
Stu
supporter to my mum who lives a great life despite a difficult diagnosis
stage4 2009 significant spread to liver
2010 colon /liver resection
chemo following recurrence
73% of liver removed
enjoying life treatment free
2016 lung resection
Oct 2017 nice clear scan . Two lung nodules disappeared
Oct 2018. Another clear scan .

peanut_8

Postby peanut_8 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:09 am

I've been thinking about you Stella, wondering how the ozone therapy was going. So sorry to hear it didn't work out.

You're pluckiness and intelligence are inspirational. You pretty much threw everything butt the kitchen sink at the beast.

Glad you're back home.

Love, peanut
female, diagnosed Jan 14, RC stage 2a, age 56
MSS
April 14, 28 chemo/rad with Xeloda
June 14 adjuvant Xeloda 6 rounds
currently NED

CRguy

Postby CRguy » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:51 pm

My dear friend Stella,

YOU are truly a remarkable human being, to have tried all you have, sharing everything and caring enough for us to come back here with any and all information, so we can learn and share with you.

Thank You seems inadequate ....

Namasté
CRguy on the Journey
Caregiver x 4
Stage IV A rectal cancer/lung met
17 Year survivor
my life is an ongoing totally randomized UNcontrolled experiment with N=1 !
Review of my Journey so far

bitchslapped

Postby bitchslapped » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:27 pm

vilca11 wrote:Good news - my wrinkles on the neck disappeared and skin looks young - great, I will go back HOME in good shape, young and beautiful :roll:

So, after a 1.5 years of sleeping in rental beds and travelling between 3 continents with the severe hip contusion and severe neuralgia of cervical spine, speaking foreign language (my Spanish got much better in Spain), I am back home in my Heaven on Earth... I asked if liver failure can happen without symptoms being present (edema, yellow skin, gases, ascites, weight loss, etc) - they do not have end of life care in Ecuador, well, may be in Quito, but not in my mountain region - and yes, it can, unfortunately. So, if it happens to me without symptoms (so far I do not have them), I will be doomed... no real help here... But if I have symptoms first, I will have time to fly to the USA to hospice. I do not know if I have mets in any other places in the body, we did not do PET for the last 8 mo, but it does not matter now. That is the situation.

Dear Sweet Stella, Thanks for the beauty tip, but think I'll keep those stripes I earned. You've come a long way, baby, been through so much. 100% respect for where you've been, how far you have come, & where you decide to land - on your own terms. You really are that ol T34 Russian tank we joked about. I think you are the definition of tenacity, courage, perseverance & compassion here on the forum. If you ever come to the States again, my wish w/b for a clinical trial vs hospice, yet nobody knows better than the patient when enough is enough. Sorry, Darlin...just Me being ME. I know there comes a time when a person is just done w/it all.

Thanks for coming back to update as promised. Hoping you will continue to check in or at least check pm's.

BIG HUGS My Friend,
BS
DSS,35YO,unresect mCRC DX 7/'14,lvr,LN,peri,rib
FOLFOX+Avstn 4 Rnds d/c 10/'14
Stent 9/'14
FOLFIRI+Avstn 10/'14
Gone From My Sight 2/20/15
Me:garden variety polyps + precancerous polyp, diverticulitis
Carergver x2 DH,DM dbl occupancy,'03-'10
DH dx 47YO mCRC,'04-'07, lvr, billiary tree fried x HAI
DM dx CC 85YO,CC,CHF,stroke,dementia,aphasia

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:58 pm

Hi Stella,

So very sorry to read the OZONE therapy did not help. Glad to read you are back home to your "heaven on Earth". It truly is a beautiful place. I hope and pray you have many good days ahead at your home surrounded by family and friends. And that when the time does come you will know it and get back to the USA for hospice care.

Until then, enjoy each day.

(((Stella)))

Lee
rectal cancer - April 2004
46 yrs old at diagnoses
stage III C - 6/13 lymph positive
radiation - 6 weeks
surgery - August 2004/hernia repair 2014
permanent colostomy
chemo - FOLFOX
NED - 16 years and counting!

vilca11

Postby vilca11 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:10 pm

Thank you all , my dear fellows, for all your kind words, understanding and good wishes... I am trying to get up from my knees and your and my other CCT friends responses to me matter a great deal. I so hope, that the Beauty that surrounds me, and love of my dear lifelong friends, my husband and my daughter will help me to get back in my spirits, whether the death is really imminent soon, or postponed a bit for some reason.

My dear CR, very touched by your message - thank you, dear friend... Too bad Maia still did not forgive me for whatever I did awkwardly say long time ago... I love her and think of her often, please send her my love. Same to Lois (bitchslapped) and Bev G. I am not saying good by, thou... I know myself - after I get my spirits up, I, as usual in my life, will find another adventure on my butt... if time allows, of course... There are so many absolutely great American movies, but I have two favorites - Gone with the Wind is one of them - so, "I will think about it tomorrow"....

I was interrupted for a few hours, so finishing writing just now...Oh, Lois, just saw your message, thank you, sweetheart for your heartfelt words, always needed to hear your thought... Two of my CCT friends already sent me 2 links for 2 interesting trials, so, you might be right, and when I get back from my knees, may be I eventually would consider them or others (Russians say "if you have to die, die with the music", meaning with fun, standing, not on the knees.... Tom/DK37 wrote that he would respect my wishes not to do trials, so he did not suggest me any. But when (and IF) time comes, I certainly would consult with our dearest Terminally Optimistic Fantastic Guy.... Lee, honey, thank you, your messages always have been so kind to me and everyone else...
Hugs and love to all. Stella
4/14 2 Xeliri+Avastin
6/14 2 Xeliri, ADAPT

Maia

Postby Maia » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:30 pm

vilca11 wrote: Too bad Maia still did not forgive me for whatever I did awkwardly say long time ago... I love her and think of her often, please send her my love.

Silly Russian!! :shock: I never had any pending business with you!! Ask the people here... I was not posting and only read here and there during months! Nothing related to you --just some things going on in my life. Just two weeks ago, I asked a friend here if she knows something about you --I wanted to contact but lost many of my email contacts, my computer got friend some months ago. :) I was going to contact you this weekend and then I hurt my back badly in Friday. I saw your post yesterday and only now I've been able to come to the computer, only to contact you here on the forum --before crawling into bed, looking for a comfortable position.
Dearest Stella, I understand perfectly your wish to stay in your beloved Vilcabamba, and stop pursing more treatments. But I need to mention this: what about a totally oral metronomic regime? Just to give it a try and hopefully have more time to enjoy/ better quality of life. You would have the control, so you stop if the side effects are bad or it's not working. There is an ongoing clinical trial with it in Israel. Of course, you can't go to Israel --but maybe it is possible that you gather the agents and you find an Ecuatorian oncologist willing to monitor you?

Low Dose Metronomic Poly-chemotherapy for Metastatic CRC (LDMchemoCRC) https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02280694

"This study investigates the activity of a new regimen of treatment for patients with metastatic colorectal carcinoma. This includes a combination of well-known chemotherapy agents and anti-inflammatory agents, when administered orally at low daily doses and without planed brakes (Low Dose Metronomic regimen), in contrast with the conventional and already exhausted regimens of treatment at Maximal Tolerated Doses (MTD) which required pre-planned brakes between treatment days."
"Patients suffering from metastases of colorectal cancer whose tumor cells develop resistance to conventionally administered treatments are in need for new methods of treatment.

While their chemotherapy had been administered up till then at the classical regimen of Maximal Tolerated Doses (MTD), which is aimed to directly killing maximal fractions of tumor cells, the present study evaluates the clinical benefit of a treatment which is based on old chemotherapeutic and old anti-inflammatory drugs, when these are administered at low doses,on daily basis and orally taken, without planed brakes (Low Dose Metronomic regimen).

Treatments based on this type of regimen have already been studied on other models of cancer and showed the capacity of suppressing tumor growth by a new category of anti-tumor effects. Namely, by affecting factors and mechanisms which prevail in the microenvironment that surrounds tumor deposits, thus circumventing the resistance of their cancer cells to chemotherapy."

Low Dose Metronomic Poly-chemotherapy for Metastatic CRC (LDMchemoCRC)

1. Tab. CYCLOPHOSPHAMIDE 50mg, 1X1/day ONLY days 1-5 / week; At evening only (at the end of meal)
2. Tab. CAPECITABINE 500mg, fixed dose of 1500mg/day (1000mg at morning + 500mg at evening) ONLY on days 1-5 / week; At morning AND at evening (at the end of meals)
3. Tab. METHOTREXATE 2.5mg, 1x2/day ONLY on days 6-7/week; At morning AND evening (one hour before meal)
4. Tab. CELECOXIB 200 mg, 1x2/day EVERY day (at the end of meal)

All those agents are oral (pills, tablets). Only the second one, capecitabine (Xeloda) is approved for colon cancer; the last one, celecoxib, is not chemo but a NSAID, an anti-arthritic, that happens to have anticancer properties. The 1. and 3. are chemotherapies that doctors should have to prescribe for off-label use, for her. But they are not expensive. And at that low, continue doses, they are not as toxic as you might think (cyclophosphamide is NOT given as one could think of, at the maximum tolerated doses of the past... this is other logic). Metrhotrexate at low doses is used during years for people with reumatoid arthritis, for example, as you probably now.
I was going to post about this in an old thread but had not the time these days (you can read about METRONOMIC (low dose) chemotherapy in this forum. Sorry to quote myself:
METRONOMIC ( low dose ) chemotherapy has the potential to be a resource / an alternative for those who are thinking about stopping treatment at all (when offered only MTD -maximum tolerated dose- chemotherapy- in a palliative setting); for those who want to hang in there until immunotherapy offers a long term, sure remission; for those looking for some maintenance regimen after NED.

Metronomic, low dose chemotherapy may *restore* sensitivity to already-used chemo agents; may put the immune system back in action, may keep the tumour burden low, even if not eliminating cancer completely, with good quality of life. Even if you have had some of the agents, don't think about the same side effects --it's about doses and schedule. Think of bleach --drinking bleach may be a bad idea, but if you put 2 drops of bleach per 1 liter of water, you have emergency purified water.
And don't think 'I already have failed (X), can't try again', because at a lower dose, the agent works via other mechanisms, so acquired resistance (or plain intolerance) may not be an issue.

I dare to tell you about this, explicitly, because I know you, I know you are an out-of-the-box thinker and you take your own decisions.

Hit me on email! mcewalker at yahoo dot com
much much love to you
M.

vilca11

Postby vilca11 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:53 pm

Oh, my dear Maia, finally I've heard from you, sweetheart - that is a great relief for me, I was feeling so bad that at your hardest times I managed to upset you..... I will write to you an email, very sorry about your back, hope you feel better by now. Yes, I remember that regimen, a couple of years ago you posted on it... Need to think and ask my Self - I will tell you about what in my email to you....
Namaste and mucho amor... Stella
4/14 2 Xeliri+Avastin
6/14 2 Xeliri, ADAPT

Maia

Postby Maia » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:33 pm

:D

Cowgirl918

Postby Cowgirl918 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:39 pm

Relieved to hear from you but so saddened by the news. You are an amazing woman and truly a child of the stars. Keeping you in my prayers. Thank you so very much for sharing your clinical story as well.
Take Care.
HX Colon Polyps Villious and Tubillovillous
12/29/15 Colonoscopy/Endoscopy - Ascending Colon Mass- Hemicolectomy Scheduled
1/17/2016 Right Hemicolectomy Cancelled
1/25/2016 CT No evidence of other disease
2/12/2016 EMR-ascending colon mass 80%
8/12/2016 EMR #2 ascending colon mass curative
8/13/16 NED
7/26/2023 Neuroendocrine mass small bowel, two mesenteric lymph nodes
9/1/2023 Small bowel resection jejunum and lymph nodes removed mesentery

Nik Colon