hair falling out?

Please feel free to read, share your thoughts, your stories and connect with others!
momsCancer

Re: hair falling out?

Postby momsCancer » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:31 am

My mom's doctor said that her hair would not fall out, only thin. I think it was a couple of weeks after her first chemo treatment, she woke up to find hair on her pillow. From that point on, she shed constantly. It was worse when she washed her hair but from the point it started falling out, hair was everywhere. In the bed, on the couch, hanging from her clothes, it was just everywhere. After a couple of weeks, she finally had Dad buzz it. She said it was just too depressing hoping it would stop as she watched more and more fall out each day. We went to the American Cancer Society and they gave her a wig (it was pretty cool, they had probably 50 to choose from). They also gave her some hats and other stuff. After a couple of months she found a really cute wig that is very comfortable and looks great on her. Mom has always had really thin, straight hair. She kept it colored brown even though she had talked about wanting to let it all go natural. Now after treatment, her hair has grown in. It is bright silver, thick, and curly. It's beautiful. She hasn't yet gone to work without her wig but all of us that have seen it, love it. The color is really unique, beautiful. Anyway, I don't think she would have ever had the nerve to cut her hair so short or stop coloring her hair. And I'm not sure where the thickness and curls came from, but she looks great! Also, I can't definitely remember the feeling of What Next! Hang in There!
MOM has Stage 2 Anal Cancer on chemo (5-FU and Mitomycin-C) for 6 weeks. Looking to vent and give/receive support. My blog address is;

www.onecrazeemommy.blogspot.com

I should change the name to one crazee daughter, I think.

Return to “Colon Talk - Colon cancer (colorectal cancer) support forum”